chapter one

liar liar / vernon x seungkwan

01: seungkwan is worried about hansol and just wants him to come home safely

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

seungkwan was worried, really worried ㅡ he had spent the past hour biting his nails, trying to push the creeping feeling of fear out. the thoughts that he'd been trying to forget about were now the only things he could think of. and as much as it pained him, he could not pretend that hansol was not other cheating on him. 

 

seungkwan trusted vernon with his life, the two boys told each other everything, and they were the couple all the others envied ㅡ on the outside they seemed like the perfect couple, but the truth was another story.  the two had been having regular fights, and seungkwan was getting used to waking up alone and going to bed alone; while hansol stumbled in late at night, reeking of alcohol and perfume. 

 

seungkwan, at first, chose to ignore this, knowing it would start constant arguments, but he couldn't hold it in after a while and tried to ask hansol where he had been. and as predicted, it led to fights between the pair. 

 

 

hansol accused seungkwan of not trusting him, although the elder boy has great reason not to, and blamed him for the demise of their relationship. the other members of seventeen tried their best to ignore the ongoing tension and fights but one night soonyoung found seungkwan up on the pledis building, crying his eyes out, they decided enough was enough. 

 

 

"i don't know what's going on vernon," seungcheol used hansol's english name to show he was displeased at the younger boy. "but it needs to stop!" seungcheol expected hansol to at least apologize but the boy instead stalked off, muttering under his breath. 

 

hansol was annoyed and angry, feeling as if the blame was being pushed on him ㅡ so he stormed off home, and screamed at seungkwan, telling him to fight his own battles. nobody was surprised when hansol didn't show up to practice the next day, his absence was highly appreciated. 

 

"guys!" seungkwan begged the members, sounding like he was on the verge of tears. "i can sort this out myself, please don't get involved."

 

"can't you you see he's breaking you? please think carefully about this relationship, is it doing more harm to you than good?" chan asked one evening, rubbing seungkwan's back after a particularly long crying session.

 

seungkwan didn't have an answer. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"hello hansol?" seungkwan bit his lip, answering the call, hoping hansol wasn't drunk dialling him again but his wishes didn't go far. 

 

"dude! what's popping downtown?" hansol was clearly drunk, there was screaming and laughing, making seungkwan love the phone away from his ear and ask hansol to repeat what he was saying.

 

"i'm getting laid, dude! do you want to speak to my girlfriend?" hansol screamed down the line, sounding is he was about to vomit at any minute. 

 

seungkwan's face paled, his hands starting to trembleㅡ was hansol this drunk that he was talking about being with a girl while he's dating him? seungkwan bit his lip, never believing it would reach this. he knew their relationship was bad, but cheating? that was disgusting and a whole new level of low.

 

"hello?" a voice giggles down the line. "hansol told me to speak to you!"

 

seungkwan notes she's drunk as well and sighs, tears threatening to spill down his cheeks. he slips on a coat and asks the girl where they are so he can come and pick hansol up.

 

"why do you want to pick him up? who are you, his dad or something?" the girl laughs and he can hear hansol mumbling something in the background. 

 

"i'm his boyfriend, now can you please tell me where he is? he's saying stupid things and i want to bring him home before they become a reality." seungkwan picks up his trainers, and sits down to do the laces. 

 

"boyfriend? but hansol said he was single." the girl's voiced wavered. "that's why i did it with him."

 

seungkwan dropped his phone, the screen smashing, and the glass pushing itself into his skin.