chapter twelve

liar liar / vernon x seungkwan

012: wonbin is devious and his actions lead to the death of seungkwan and hansol

 

 

 

 

"are you both okay?" wonbin looked at the both of them, sensing some discomfort and tension in the room. "is there something going on?" 

 

both of the boys shook their head, glaring at each other, making wonbin even more suspicious then he already was but he decided to drop it. walking forward he shook hansol's hand and started asking them about love and letter. 

 

to both the boys this felt weird, yeah they knew they had rich and powerful fans but they both felt there was something weird going on. it was instinct that they both looked at each other and tilted their head to the side, as if asking what was going on?

 

"so, are you guys working on something new?" wonbin asked, and hansol nodded. 

 

"yeah, i just finished writing a rap, not sure if it's going to make the final cut though." hansol lied through his teeth, wonbin couldn't know he had been removed from the group. 

 

"oh really?" wonbin's face seemed to change, the once pleasant aura around him now shifted into something dark. "let's cut the chase here." 

 

"cut the chase?" seungkwan furrowed his eyebrows, what? "pardon me?" 

 

wonbin clicked his fingers and the door opened and in walked two men, one holding a dvd and the other holding a diary. hansol noticed seungkwan stiffen at the sight of the diary and quickly registered that it was his. 

 

the man inserted the dvd while the other passed wonbin the diary and then both exited, leaving two confused teens. wonbin, on the other hand, was smirking and stood up ㅡ switching the tv and clicking play he sat back down. 

 

the tv showed various images (and some videos) of hansol and seungkwan on dates; it showed them kissing, hugging and doing everything most couples would do. 

 

"oh, imagine this falling into the wrong hands." wonbin shook his head, "wouldn't want that would we now, boys?" 

 

when neither answered, both still stunned, wonbin jumped up and kicked his chair. his hands flew to seungkwan's throat, wrapping him in up in a choke hold. hansol jumped out of his bed, wincing slightly, and landed a punch to wonbin's cheek. 

 

the commotion in the room caused the door to fly open and a limping jihoon to walk in. his eyes immeaditly widened at the sight in front of him and he rushed over, trying to remove wonbin's hands. 

 

"get," jihoon breathed out, clearly struggling. "your hands off him!" 

 

wonbin finally relased seungkwan, who dropped to the floor, and smirked before storming out of his room. hansol hated himself for this thought but he couldn't deny that wonbin looked really attractive when he smirked ㅡ  undeniably he would look more attractive if he hadn't nearly killed the love of his life. 

 

jihoon called out hansol's name, shaking his head, and hansol now seemed to notice there was something wrong with seungkwan. seungkwan was now a deathly pale, and from a distance it looked like he wasn't breathing. 

 

"cpr!" hansol screamed out, his head spinning. "he needs it now!" 

 

jihoon began administering cpr and hansol walked over but froze all of a sudden everything had gone black. he could hear various voices but see no faces, he tried to talk but no sounds were coming out of his mouth. 

 

then he could hear nothing ㅡ silence. 

 

-

 

boo seungkwan was pronouced dead on the 29th of september, his mother was present at his deathbed and so were his fellow bandmates. one person who wasn't present was hansol, mainly because he was in another ward on life support. 

 

when hansol had awoken and was told about seungkwan's death he didn't speak; the doctors ruled he was in shock and wouldn't allow anyone except immediate family members into his room. hansol didn't speak to them either, everyone hoped he would soon snap out of it but three months later and hansol was still silent. 

 

on this day the weather in seoul was unusually hot, weather stations declared a heat wave for the next few days and hansol received lots of texts inviting him to various beach trips and water fights. 

 

he declined all of them, not to anyone's surprise, and somehow found himself on the roof of his apartment block. he wasn't the only person up there, an elderly couple and a bunch of kids were relaxing in the sun, admiring the view. 

 

hansol was having a conversation with seungkwan. 

 

"no, red light is better than pink tape." hansol argued, shaking his head as seungkwan told him he was wrong. 

 

"pink tape was one of the best albums i have ever listened to, insult it like that again and i will dump you." seungkwan rolled his eyes and hansol laughed, god he missed him. 

 

"i miss you." hansol quietly annouced, staring up into the sky. 

 

"me too." seungkwan sighed. "you know, if you join me, we can be together again ㅡ like, you can touch me and actually feel me. like when i was alive." 

 

"you're not really dead. your spirit is still here." hansol noticed how the kids were now staring at him. 

 

"yeah but not the full me. this is like a cheap copy ㅡ like a fake phone. the real me is up there and waiting." seungkwan yawned, streching. "wanna talk later?" 

 

"no." hansol shook his head. 

 

"what?" 

 

"i'm doing it. i'm going to join you up there." 

 

"are you sure?" seungkwan didn't want hansol to rush into this.

 

"of course i'm sure."  hansol stood up and walked over to the edge of the roof, looking down. 

 

he could hear the elderly couple shouting and the kids screaming but he ignored them, lacing his hands with seungkwan's. 

 

"see you soon, babe." he whispered. 

 

and then he fell.