chapter eight

liar liar / vernon x seungkwan

08: hansol and sofia have a heart to heart and seventeen becomes a 12 member group 

 

 

 

 

 

"so what you're saying is that you're into boys?" hansol nodded at what his little sister just said, anticipating her reaction. since his fall last week, he had spending the past few days in hospital, only allowing his parents and sister to visit. sofia came to visit every day after school, and then later on his parents would come and take her home after staying for a bit themselves. hansol wasn't even planning on coming out to his sister but it seemed like right now she was his best friend at the moment. and besides, he wanted to tell someone - anyone. 

 

"oh, that's cool! my friend, areum, likes girls and there's nothing wrong with that!" sofia laughed and hit hansol's shoulder lightly. "what? where you scared of telling me?" again, she laughed 一 chuckling at the idea of her brother being nervous. 

 

hansol shook his head, "me, nervous? you wish." he stuck his tounge out and pulled sofia in for a hug. he picked up the remote on the side of the bed and switched on the hospital tv, flicking through the channels until he found something decent. 

 

"hello and welcome to m! countdown! the number one kpop chart show!" 

 

sofia let out a small gasp as she realised who the host's were and immeaditly grabbed the remote, trying to change the channel. but hansol held on firmly and shook his head at sofia's protests to change the channel 一 so they spent the next hour watching seokmin, seungkwan and chan host and laugh together. this time hansol didn't feel angry, although he did bit his tounge when seokmin and seungkwan got very close to each other, instead he felt strangely calm. he had spent so long fighting and hurting himself for what, love? but know here he was, truly content, with his family 一 he didn't need to be in love with anyone. that's when hansol knew he didn't need seungkwan. 

 

-

 

seungkwan did not feel the same. in fact the older boy was distraught, he missed hansol 一 he missed the way he rolled his eyes when he thought nobody was watching, he missed his high pitched laughter, his bad jokes. to put it simply, seungkwan missed him. although he wouldn't admit it seungkwan was obviously wanting to go and visit hansol, none of the members thought this was weird 一 all relationships went through ups and downs. 

 

jihoon found it weird though, seungkwan had willingly kissed seokmin and hosted a show with him; wasn't it kind of obvious they were dating? he wondered how seokmin felt, and looked for a change in the younger boy but strangely, detected nothing. so seokmin was going to sit there and let his boyfriend cry about his ex? jihoon found that very suspicious and weird, in fact, the whole thing was weird - like something out of a fanfic. 

 

-

 

"what do you mean?" minghao was confused 一 the ceo had just announced that hansol was going on hiatus. "did hansol agree to this? is he okay with this?"

 

the ceo shuffled on his feet for a second, looking clearly guilty, "of course hansol agreed. do you really think i would've done it without his permission? i respect my artists and treat them all fairly!"

 

"what does a hiatus mean?" chan piped up and seungkwan rolled his eyes, everyone knew what a hiatus meant. 

 

"a hiatus is when one stops doing something for a certain period of time but with this hiatus i don't think hansol will be coming back 一 seventeen will be a twelve member group."