chapter seven

breathe / amber liu x reader

07: krystal cuts her hair and amber's actions scare you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"you're ing kidding." jessica whispered as you told her what had happened. "seriously?"

 

you were in sociology, the teacher was sick so you had a substitute teacher who really didn't care what you were doing. after your teacher had given you detention the four of you were marched back to the classroom and all moved away from each other. you had rolled your eyes at that but soon began laughing as amber sent you pouty faces and blew kisses from her front seat. 

 

"i'm so happy for you though!" jessica punched your shoulder. "me and luna, and you and amber can go on double dates! and maybe if you and krystal begin to be friends we can go on triple dates!" 

 

"okay," you laughed. "triple dates aren't a thing for starters. secondly, is this you confirming that you and luna are dating?" 

 

jessica went red, immediately picking up her pen and writing the date in her book. you laughed again, nudging her with you arm. 

 

"she's so pretty, oh my god." jessica sighed. "did you know she could sing? her voice is perfect, god i'm really falling for her. and her laugh is the cutest! she sounds like a baby pig!" 

 

"she's in a band, what did you expect?" you opened your book, writing the date and a header. 

 

"what? since when? with who?" jessica slammed your book shut. 

 

"with amber, victoria and sulli." you replied, opening your book up again. 

 

"how the did i not know that?" jessica was frowning. "i'm a girlfriend, aren't i?"

 

"you're not a girlfriend because you didn't know that she's in a band, jess. you can come watch her perform next month at battle of the bands." the substitute teacher had now stood up and you began to furiously write. 

 

"there's a battle of the bands? how did i not know that?" jessica did not notice the teacher striding towards her. 

 

"detention." the teacher said, handing jessica a slip. 

 

"what? but she didn't —" she began before noticing you had been writing while she was talking. 

 

"at least i'll get to watch the showdown between you and krystal." she laughed. 

 

"don't remind me." you groaned. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

amber was waiting outside of your classroom, winking as she saw you and jessica leave. she wrapped an arm around you and you nuzzled into her neck. 

 

"ready for detention, baby?" she whispered into your ear, biting it lightly. 

 

"yes!" jessica replied, pulling you away from amber. "so let's go, ladies!" 

 

she pushed the door to the detention room open and plonked herself in between the two of you. amber laughed and your heart felt as it might drop out of your chest. she was so beautiful and you were in awe at everything she did. 

 

the door swung open and in came hyuna, alone. her eyes were downcast and she sat herself in front of amber. your eyes burned into her back and, as if she could feel it, she turned around and mouthed a 'sorry'. 

 

before you could reply the detention teacher walked in and ordered you into silence. fifteen minutes in and he looked down at his list. 

 

"jung, jessica?" the teacher asked and jessica sprang up. 

 

"you and the girl next to you are allowed to go, the rest will stay." 

 

you frowned but jessica pulled you from the classroom; before you left you pouted at amber who in return blew a kiss. hyuna moved from her seat into jessica's newly vacated one and you frowned, what was she doing?

 

before you could say anything the door shut behind you and you began walking to the parking lot. you grumbled to jess as you walked, wondering why you had been let out early and why hyuna decided to sit next to amber. 

 

"you." a voice cut you off. 

 

krystal was standing at the entrance to the school, her arms folded as she watched you. her hair was now cropped short and you wondered how she changed from the long locks she had two periods ago. 

 

"your hair!" jessica gasped. 

 

"like it?" krystal walked over. "i think it's hot." 

 

she grabbed you by your hand and pulled you towards her, her nails digging into your skin. 

 

"scatter." she hissed at two freshmen in the bathroom. 

 

"what the do you think you're doing!" you screamed at her, pushing her into the wall. 

 

"i'm sorry, okay!" she yelled back. "i'm sorry for cheating! i'm sorry for shouting at you when you were with amber before, it's obvious how much you like her. i'm sorry for everything i've done to you. can we start over?" 

 

you sighed. you were doubtful krystal would leave your life — her sister was your best friend, you were in multiple classes together, she was one of your best friends and you would never stop loving her. 

 

"friends." you nodded and she smiled, the both of you doing the handshake you had made up as kids. 

 

"i can't believe you still remember that." she laughed. 

 

"jessica still does it!" you snorted, shaking with laughter. 

 

"does my hair look bad?" she mumbled, looking nervous. "do you think she'll like it?"

 

"if she is hyuna, then yes." you smiled. "you look fine, krys. it's a drastic change but you look great, trust me." 

 

she let out a relived sigh and opened the bathroom door to let you out. she bowed as you walked past and you giggled again, not realising amber and hyuna were in front of you. 

 

"let's go, babe!" krystal strode over and grabbed hyuna's hand, the pair walking off. 

 

"what were you guys talking about?" amber asked, frowning as you hugged her. 

 

"what were you and hyuna talking about?" you replied back. 

 

"nothing." 

 

"then, nothing." you scowled. 

 

amber bit her tongue and stormed past you. krystal and hyuna were at the entrance and time froze as amber grabbed krystal and punched her. you shouted and ran at them, pushing amber off the smaller girl. krystal's nose was bleeding and you searched your pockets for tissues to give her. 

 

you could hear hyuna shouting at amber, and soon enough you heard jessica's thunderous voice. finding a tissue you dabbed lightly at krystal's nose as she groaned. jessica grabbed the tissue from you and pushed it against her nose, opening the first aid kit she always kept in her bag.

 

"what the ?" you hissed at amber, tears threatening to leak out of your eyes. "why would you do that to her?" 

 

"because, because, just because!" amber spat out, her hands shaking. "i didn't mean to, god." 

 

"well you did!" you shouted. "and for no reason at all. you're no better than her." 

 

"what?" amber's face dropped. 

 

"just go!" you pointed at the door. "i don't want to see you." 

 

she opened again but said nothing, turning on her heel. she pushed the doors opened and slammed them behind her. you watched her get into her car and speed off, your heart cracking. you didn't know why she had done that, amber was never violent. or maybe she was but she was good at concealing that part of herself. you had no idea. would everyone you date be violent? 

 

you had really thought amber was different but she was just like krystal, except she took her anger out on others. but then she could take her anger out on you — your heart was hammering, this was all too much. so much had happened in the past month and you didn't think you could take it anymore. you heard hyuna call out your name, and the sound of krystal and jessica scream. you felt your legs fall beneath you and three worried faces in front of you. you opened your mouth to say something but then everything went black.