epilogue

breathe / amber liu x reader

epilogue: you and amber receive your first assignments

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"out of all the photos they could've used." amber huffed, stuffing her face with crisps and pointing angrily at the television set in front of you. 

 

the news was on, and the reporter was describing the murder of two teens on the west coast: the murder of you and amber. she babbled on about a party, a scared neighbour as comments poured in, expressing their sadness at the incident. a photo of the jung house emerged, and a mugshot of the neighbour soon followed. the photo then changed to one of you and amber that had been taken a few weeks prior, at the battle of the bands. 

 

"it's such an ugly photo." amber pouted as you giggled. "why do they keep showing it?" 

 

"if it's so ugly," you said, in between fits of laughter, "why don't you call them up and report it?" 

 

"and what am i going to say, baby?" amber mumbled, "hi, i'm amber liu and i know i'm dead and all, but you could please remove that ugly photo of me and replace it with something cuter? thank you!" 

 

you stared at her for a second before you burst into laughter, clutching your stomachs. the other angels in the room gave you strange looks, with one glaring at you. you flared back, wondering how someone so y became a literal angel. but then you had no idea how you became on either — one minute you were bleeding out on the street, the next you were being embraced by amber with wings on your back. 

 

an older girl entered the room, and came over to you. curled slightly as she saw what you were watching, but she didn't comment on it and instead passed you both clipboards, waiting for you to read them before she spoke. 

 

"those are the humans you've been assigned to." she said, pointing at the clipboard. "they're going through a hard time now and i'm counting on you two to make things easier for them, alright? just help them along, be a guide for them but remember—"

 

"don't reveal yourself as an angel, blah blah." you repeated the constant instructions you heard everyday before you allowed to leave heaven. "we know." 

 

"you don't have to be so y." she hissed, her golden eyes darkening. "hopefully working with these humans teaches your ungrateful a lesson." 

 

"." you hissed, as she turned away, throwing the clipboard on the ground. 

 

"baby." amber whispered, her voice becoming strange and quiet as if she was nervous. 

 

"yes?" you looked over, confused. 

 

"pick up your clipboard and look at who we've been assigned to." she mumbled. 

 

you sighed, bending down to pick yours up. the clipboard showed a photo of krystal, her recent yearbook photo. it gave her name, and underneath it said: grieving over the death of her ex. your mouth became dry and you felt a familiar prick behind your eyes. 

 

"what does yours say?" you asked, knowing amber had read yours. 

 

"jessica jung." she whispered, "grieving over the death of her best friend." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(so that it's it, breathe is over!!! sorry for the sad ending, all my fics in end in death 😔 .... maybe i'll change that one day JEJRJGA. anyways i hope you all enjoyed this book: and please remember it's just fiction, and i absolutely love krystal, i don't think she'd ever be abusive to anyone at all!! if you have any questions just ask!! i love you all and i hope you enjoy 2018! 🧚🏼‍♀️)