chapter four

breathe / amber liu x reader

04: the aftermath 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

amber rolled her eyes the second she saw you walk into the classroom, her normally pleasant expression was now gone from her face and instead repealed with a cold, dark look. a look directed at you. when you caught her eyes you looked away, causing her to scoff. 

 

the brave front you were putting up was slowly crumbling as people stared at you as you walked to your classes. you had no idea why and spent a lot of the day running to the bathroom and checking that there were no visible marks on your face. 

 

during your seventh run to the toilet you were applying makeup to one of the brusies when luna walked out of one of the cubicles. you smiled at her but, like amber, she rolled her eyes and began to wash her hands. 

 

"hey!" you called out, hoping for some sort of reaction from the short haired girl but all you recieved was a cold glance and slamming door. 

 

you didn't want to go to fifth period maths but somehow you found yourself trudging through the corridors and entering the classroom, ten minutes early. the teacher shot you a confused look as you took out the required equipment from your bag but didn't say a word, thankfully ㅡ you weren't in the mood for an interrogation session. 

 

the class slowly filed in and the once heavy silence was repleaced with the voices of teenagers. you noticed jessica come in and glance in your direction, but you kept your eyes firmly towards your book, not even realising amber had sat next to you. 

 

the teacher assigned the work and returned to her computer and cup of coffee. for once, you found yourself concentrating on the task and didn't say a word to anyone. jessica wanted to come over and say something but krystal was telling a story and walking out while she was talking was like asking to be killed. so she found herself listening but watching you from afar, concerned. 

 

amber was also concerned, as well as angry. she wanted to ask you why you had chosen krystal, why you had done that to yourself but at the same time she wanted to ignore you, and teach you a lesson. but the caring side got the best of her and amber found herself poking your cheek and whispering your name. 

 

she noticed your body freeze up, and sighed to herself. you turned to her, and let out a small smile and she returned a bigger one. you could feel jessica and luna both watching you, but for once you chose to ignore their stares and focus on the girl in front of you. 

 

"you look like you haven't slept in years." amber let out, her warm breath tickling your face. 

 

"really?" your hands flew up to your face, and you began to stutter. "i thought my makeup was covering everything pretty well!" 

 

at the mention of the word everything, amber knew that you also meant the bruises and began to feel a pool of anger towards the blonde haired teen sitting across the classroom. she took small deep breathes and contracted back on you but couldn't shake off the feeling of wanting to knock krystal out. 

 

"it does." amber reassured you, her honest smile bringing you comfort. "i can just tell ㅡ it's because of me and luna, right?" 

 

you rolled your eyes, "don't get cocky, i wouldn't waste time crying about someone ignoring me!" 

 

but the truth was it was exactly what you had done, late nights awake, tears falling down your face as you wondered why you were being ignored. nights where you weren't able to fall asleep, feeling like a failure. you didn't even have the option of calling jessica, knowing with the thin walls in the jung house that krystal would be able to hear everything. 

 

"it was, wasn't it?" amber's voice was quiet, and her shoulders hunched. "i'm super sorry." 

 

"we are super sorry." luna looked up from her textbook, offering a look of pure sincerity. "honestly, i'm so sorry." 

 

you nodded, a wave of relief washing over you, and let out a small laugh. soon luna joined in and, pushed by luna's infectious giggle, amber began to laugh too. the three of you didn't notice your maths teacher walking towards you, a frown eteched into her face from years of telling off troublesome students. 

 

"the three of you, detention!" her voice rang out, attracting the rest of the class to see who was receiving the punishment. 

 

you sighed, rolling your eyes ㅡ detentions with this teacher were the worst, she kept you behind for hours after class and asking to leave would just grant you another detention. luna seemed to share the same thoughts as you, swearing under her breath when the teacher's back had turned. 

 

"detention?" jessica's voice made you spin around, blinking repeatedly to see her in the desk next to yours. "you can't have it ㅡ you've got to help me with the homework, you promised!" 

 

!, you had completely forgotten that you'd promised to tutor jessica after school and this detention now prevented you from doing it. your mouth opened to apologise but jessica had already stood up, and was now walking towards the teacher. she muttered something in the teacher's ear and you watched the teacher scream at her, giving her a detention. 

 

she ran back towards her seat, nearly tripping in her small heels. the smirk on her face was soon erased as she noticed krystal stand up, and do the exact same thing she had done. 

 

you felt your heart drop as krystal walked over to your seat, feeling your heart drop. luna and amber both shuffled away from you, returning to their books - moreso luna then amber but it was okay, you could deal with krystal. 

 

"can't wait to see you in detention, baby!" she hissed into your ear, leaving a small kiss on your cheek. "you too, lunie and ambsies!" 

 

ambsies?

 

lunie?

 

what the ?

 

krystal threw her hair back as she walked back to her seat, winking at jessica as she went along. you watched her return to her seat, a silence having taken over the classroom (as it normally did when krystal did anything). 

 

out of the corner of your eye you watched the two biggest gossips known to mankind, taeyeon and tiffany, whip out the phones and begin to tell the entire school what had happened. but, as they knew, texting in class resulted in a detention and it turned out you'd be seeing them after school too. 

 

the two nodded solemnly when the teacher told them but high fived each other the minute she turned around. anxiety began to sweep through you - a detention with your girlfriend, her sister, your girlfriend's arch nemesis, your girlfriend's sister's crush and the two biggest gossips in school? not good.

 

not good at all.