chapter three

breathe / amber liu x reader

03: decisions, decisions, decisions ㅡ amber or krystal? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"seven, eight, nin ㅡ amber do i really have to do this?" you ask the the tall girl in front of you. 

 

amber nodded, you could see the tears forming in her eyes so you continued. when you had awoken you you had found yourself in jessica's bedroom, and a worried amber and jessica sitting in front of you. the two had let out long sighs when they saw you were awake and jessica quickly rushed out to get you some water. 

 

amber did not believe your protests that you were fine, she was now sticking her hand up and making you answer as to what numbers she was holding up. you wanted to roll your eyes and go back to sleep but the tense lines in her forehead showed you how worried and nervous she had been and the least you could do was call out numbers. 

 

the door opened and jessica ran over, holding a glass of water, and you shifted yourself around making yourself more comfortable. out of the corner of your eye you could see amber watching you, you noticed how small and broken she looked as she watched you drink ㅡ a wash of guilt waved over you as you noticed the time, it was past midnight yet here amber was [still in her school uniform]. 

 

"you know you don't have to stay right, amber?" you watched her shake her head, refusing to leave. "aren't your parents worried?" 

 

again the older girl shook her head, "they think i'm at luna's house, she'll cover for me." 

 

at the mention of luna, jessica's cheeks tinged a slight pink and you smirked ㅡ did the ice princess have a crush? when she caught you smiling she secretly stuck her middle finger up making you laugh and cough on your water, then laugh some more. 

 

"she was crying," jessica whispered, as she fluffed up your pillows. "when i finished cleaning you up, she was literally bawling."

 

you had noted that amber's eyes were red but you did not want to draw to the conclusion that she cared about you as more than a friend, something that was blatantly obvious. 

 

you heard the front door open and shut, a sign that krystal jung had arrived. jessica quickly locked the door to her room, and hissed for you to be quiet ㅡ there was no point, you were frozen, rigid. 

 

amber looked at the door, making a move to stand, but you shook your head and she returned to her seat at the edge of jessica's bed. the three of you were silent, thinking any noise would alert krystal and bring her to your room. 

 

but noise or no noise it didn't matter, krystal slammed the door open. her eyes narrowed when she saw amber and her hands tightened into fists. but then her eyes reached you and they softened ㅡ in fact she let out a gasp, looking down at her fists and your brusied face, wondering if she had really done that? 

 

"what the is this doing here?" the question was aimed at jessica, who was now slyly trying to hide the pills in her hand and put them in her back pocket. 

 

"amber and i are partners, and we're starting out project together." jessica managed to say the sentence without stuttering although you could see her hands were shaking. 

 

"project? then why she is here at midnight? isn't that a little too late?" krystal was now looking at her sister the way she had looked at you, before knocking you out. 

 

"me and amber are also partners for this other project, so jessica and her finished theirs first and then me and amber started ours. its a big project." you chimed in, wanting to save jessica from a cruel fate. 

 

your voice sounded croaky and tired, like you had a bad cold and hadn't slept for hours ㅡ but it worked, krystal now looked as if she felt somewhat guilty. she opened the door to the room again, and you let out a small sigh, finally ㅡ she was going. 

 

but then she turned around. 

 

"come with me." she pointed at you, walking back towards the bed to help you out. for once, you could actually see remorse and love in her eyes but you did not want to go with her. 

 

you turned to jessica and she quickly shook her head, putting an arm out therefore preventing krystal from even reaching you. but your girlfriend wasn't letting go that easily, she pushed past krystal and smiled at you. 

 

"she needs to rest, krys." jessica hopes a pet name would lead her sister to calm down and leave you alone. "she's tired and in pain, just leave her." 

 

"yes, i know." snapped krystal, narrowing her eyes. "i'm not an idiot. she can sleep in my room, my bed's a hundred times more comfortable. now, off." 

 

jessica bit her lip and took a step back and you let out a small squeal as krystal grabbed your arm, the bruises now turning purple, and pulled you out of the bed. you hissed, your show body feeling like it was being hit repeatedly as you were forced to walk. 

 

"let go of her now," amber's voice rang out across the room. you had almost forgotten the blonde haired girl was still here, but you were reminded of that as she squared up towards krystal. 

 

the shorter girl did not lose her grip on your hand, she actually held tighter. krystal was not afraid of amber but you and jessica were both afraid of the fight that was sure to happen. 

 

"i'm not playing games krystal, if you don't let her go it's not going to be nice for your face." amber leaned forward and hissed this in krystal's ear. 

 

"why don't we let her choose?" krystal let go and you pulled your sore arm towards your chest. "whoever she chooses, she stays with." 

 

jessica's eyes were screaming amber and so was your heart but your mind was telling you that going with amber ment serious repercussions from krystal. but that was love sometimes, the right decision might sometimes lead to a bumpy path but being in love with someone who loves you back was what truly mattered. krystal wasn't that big there was nothing she could do that you couldn't sort out ㅡ it was time to stop being scared, scared of a girl whose fists were her only weapons. it was time to be happy. 

 

but you couldn't help yourself from being scared, you couldn't help yourself from being in love. no matter how much you resented her there was a big part of you that would throw anything, and anyone away for jung soojung. 

 

and that part of you always won.