chapter ten

breathe / amber liu x reader

010: one minutes breakups and weird love triangles 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"i was sick." you repeated, to the attendance officer in front of you. "call my parents if you don't believe me." 

 

"i'm not saying i don't believe you." her voice was steely. "i'm just saying that you've been 'sick' quite often." 

 

"sorry i have a immune system!" you hissed, quickly mumbling a sorry as she slipped you a detention slip. 

 

you your feet and began to walk to your next lesson, maths. seeing the time you decided to take a little detour; there was another hour and a half of maths left so it wouldn't hurt to miss ten minutes. 

 

locking yourself in a cubicle you sat down, whipping out your phone and informing jessica that you had returned to school. it buzzed and pinged, signalling that you had received multiple notifications — mainly from amber. she spent the first few days constantly apologising, then asking where you were and then she went back to apologising. 

 

you had taken time off school to think; you really, really liked amber but this was becoming too much. first she nearly breaks krystal's nose and then she tries to cheat in battle of the bands? you sighed as you clocked on your text message conservation with her. feeling your heart break as you typed, you sent a simple message — it's over, i'm sorry, i love you. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"oh my god, please pick up." you froze as you heard amber's voice enter the bathroom. "please, oh my god." 

 

she must've read the text in class, you thought; an image of a worried amber reading your text and then heading here smashed your heart further. it took all your strength to stay in your cubicle and not come out and speak to her. 

 

"(y/n)." her voice was quiet. "i just got your text. i don't know what to say. you know it's the first time you've said i love you to me, right? i always thought that you'd say that to me on a date, after we finished kissing, anything else but this. but it's alright, i ed up so it's okay. i love you too. so much. i wish i could say it to your face. i wish i could hug you once more, kiss you once more, be your girlfriend for one more day. i miss you and it's only been a couple of minutes. i'm so sorry. hopefully, one day, we find our way back to each other." 

 

 

no i'm sorry, you quickly sent. come and hug me, come be my girlfriend again, please. 

 

"you're here?" amber's voice was ecstatic. "open up then!" 

 

 

the door to your cubicle was quickly unlocked by her expert fingers and she embraced you, holding you so tight you felt as if you were going to break. you felt your neck become wet and were confused but then soon realized that she was crying. mumbling sweet nothings you wrapped your arm around her waist, kissing her cheek. 

 

"i know i messed up," she started but then soon became quiet as the tears overtook her. "i'm so, so sorry."

 

you remained in your position, both just hugging for a few minutes. her arms relaxed into yours and you wished everyday was like this — just hugging amber made you ecstatic, imagine living with her. mornings waking up next to her, spending the entire day with her and then falling asleep next to her. your cheeks warmed at the idea of that. amber noticed your sudden warmth and pulled away. 

 

"what are you smiling about, baby?" she whispered, her breath tickling your face. "tell me." 

 

"you." a small laugh escaped your mouth. "you know, like, our future." 

 

"our future?" amber's cheeks now burnt a blazing red. "you want to be with me in the future?" 

 

"well, duh, silly!" you giggled. "when i date people i always imagine being with them in the future! i was thinking about moving in together and stuff." 

 

"stuff?" a smirk spread on her face. "stuff like what?" 

 

"oh my god, amber!" you hit her chest. "not that kind of stuff! okay, maybe a tiny a bit! ah, shut up!" 

 

you both burst into laughter and pulled amber in for a kiss, her soft lips melting into yours as your arms wrapped around her waist. the kiss soon began getting heated and you couldn't hold your moans back and frowned as amber abruptly pulled away. you shot her a confused look and pouted as she unlocked the cubicle door. 

 

"we need to go back to class, otherwise it'll be another detention." she muttered, sighing as she remembered the amount of detentions you'd both received. 

 

"alright." you hummed and you began the walk back to the maths classroom. 

 

inside, jessica was sitting alone at the front while luna was staring at her from her seat. in the row behind jessica, hyuna and krystal were doing something very strange underneath that was leaving hyuna bright red. the seat next to luna was vacant and you assumed amber would be sitting there; you kissed her on the cheek before moving to sit next to the ice princess. 

 

"you're back!" jessica squealed, pulling you in for a hug. "damn, i've missed you." 

 

"you came over everyday, jess." you reminded her, giggling as you pulled your book and equipment out of your bag. 

 

"i know, i know! can't i miss my best friend?" she mumbled. 

 

your eyes focused on her and you saw sadness across her face, unfamiliar for jessica. thinking about what could've caused her upset, your mind came to one thing: luna. while you had sorted things out with amber, her and luna must've still been ignoring each other. no wonder they weren't sitting together. 

 

"i think luna wants to talk to you." you whispered, pointing towards the girl behind you. "and i know you want to talk to her." 

 

jessica shook her head, "no idea as to what you're on about." 

 

"stop being stubborn, jess." you sighed, "come on, i know how happy you were with her. it's been a while since i've seen you with anyone since the whole, tiffany-taeyeon-you love triangle incident, so please don't just throw this away." 

 

the tiffany-taeyeon-jessica love triangle incident was a hectic time — it was a few months after you'd started dating krystal and you and her had gone out on a date night. at the restaurant you two were at, you noticed jessica's then girlfriend, tiffany, with taeyeon. you both thought nothing of it until you saw them making out in the car park, later that evening. jessica's heart was absolutely crushed, she spent weeks in her room, and moped around the house. then, taeyeon had confessed that she was actually in love with jessica and was just using tiffany to get closer to her. the whole thing was freakishly weird and you had no idea how tiffany and taeyeon ended up being best friends. 

 

"maybe you're right." jessica nodded, pushing her books away. "i'm going to talk to her now." 

 

she left the table, and took amber's seat as amber came over to you. nuzzling your head into her chest, you began to copy out the sums on the worksheet into your book as amber helped you figure the answers out. the sun was streaming through the window, and was shining directly on your girlfriend. you knew amber was beautiful, but under the rays of the sun, she was ing stunning. 

 

was moving as she explained a mathematical solution but all you could think about was how nice it would be if her lips were against yours right now. tilting your head to the side, you hummed and nodded at the right times so it seemed as if you were concentrating. but amber saw right through your facade. 

 

"i know you want to kiss me right now." she whispered, bending closer to you. "but that's only going to happen if you answer this question, alright?" 

 

you laughed, and picked up your pen, answering the question soon enough. gazing around the classroom, you saw jessica going red as luna pushed a loose strand of hair behind her hair. behind you, you turned around to see hyuna complaining about something dripping down her legs while krystal giggled. smiling to yourself, you turned back around to your girlfriend and as you kissed her, you realised that all was well. 

 

for now, anyways.