chapter one

breathe / amber liu x reader

01: amber and your girlfriend share a mutual feeling of hate for each other and jongin is a  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

amber thought she was beautiful, so beautiful. the way she tilted her head as she laughed, the one dimple on her cheek, every single thing about her was so beautiful. and amber wanted to capture that beautiful-ness, but how could she when she didn't even know how to describe it? 

 

amber wished she could be the one holding her hand, taking her on dates, telling her silly jokes ㅡ not krystal. but what could she do? krystal was loved by everyone, loved and hated at the same time. and amber? she was just that random lesbian on the basketball team who always walked around with a camera. 

 

"at least you're her friend!" luna told her on the way to maths, baraging past some freshman. "that's a start!" 

 

"in case you forgot," amber took her seat in the classroom, inbetween you and luna. "she's dating jung soojung, the most popular girl here ㅡ the one that hates me." 

 

"stop doing that!" victoria came in, winking at her girlfriend, jinri. "that thing, you know when you say their surname first? it's weird." 

 

amber rolled her eyes, pushing some hair out of her eyes as you walked into the classroom. her heart started racing, you were literally in your school uniform but amber thought you looked like angel who just dropped down from heaven, gracing the world with your presence. 

 

"you're staring." luna whispered, taking a sip of her water. "krystal is glaring." 

 

amber snuck a look at the girl holding your hand and could see her narrowing eyes and the scowl on her face, directed at amber. she quickly pulled out her book from her bag and began writing, hoping the teacher would come in and start the lesson now. but things that amber hoped for never seemed to happen, not right away anyways. 

 

"you." krystal's light voice was sharp and amber knew she was talking to her. "stop staring at my girlfriend before i give you a reason to stop." 

 

the class was silent and amber didn't look up, trying her best to fight back the tears that were threatening to spill. she heard your voice but couldn't make out the words you were saying. she probably thinks i'm a weirdo anyways, amber thought, furiously wiping away her tears as you sat down in your seat. 

 

"amber." you whispered, poking her lightly. "are you crying? please don't cry. i know soojung can be y sometimes, please just ignore her." 

 

amber didn't say a word, she was too busy trying to clear up the tears that had spilled on her book without making a big stain. you sighed, wrapping your arms around her before pulling out your own book. 

 

"hello, students." now the teacher decided to come in. "page seventy, you know where to start. continue from where you stopped." 

 

luna and the boy next to her, jongin, began working together on the textbook in front of them. and amber turned to you, nervously looking up. you were staring right at her and when she caught your glance you laughed, and for the first time that lesson, amber smiled. 

 

"i got up to question three last time. you?" you flipped through the pages, reaching page seventeen. 

 

"four. but i'm stuck in question five, how does she get fifty four if there are only twenty three in the first place?" amber pointed at the question with a frown, and you laughed again. 

 

god, she was cute. 

 

you coughed, catching a quizzical krystal's gaze, and quickly returning to your book. however much you loved your girlfriend, you couldn't deny she was annoying when she got jealous. another girl even breathing in your direction made her scream, but when soojung flirted with other girls [and boys] it was 'nothing much' and you were 'being paranoid'. 

 

yeah, i wasn't being paranoid when i walked in on you and jongin, you thought ㅡ taking a second to glare at the handsome boy sitting on your table. even now he was flirting with girls as he continued to chat up an annoyed luna. 

 

he caught your gaze and winked making you roll your eyes, god that er was annoying. you bit your lip and turned to amber, quickly coping the answer for question four before helping her out with question five. the sparkle in her eyes as she finally understood the question, that sparkle made your stomach tighten. 

 

you quickly shook your head, this wasn't right. this was unacceptable, you were in love with krystal, you were dating krystal, you were in a happy relationship with krystal jung. 

 

at least that's what you told yourself. 

 

you were the perfect high school couple, but you wished every one saw the truth behind your realtionship. the real krystal, the one you saw behind closed doors ㅡ the krystal who made you feel worthless, unloved and unwanted. that krystal only came out to play when you were alone, when another human appeared she was back to amazing girlfriend!soojung. 

 

you didn't know when exactly it happened but soon enough you just fell out of love with krystal. leaving her was not an option though, this was krystal jung. she did all the dumping, and you were sure she wasn't getting tired of you soon enough. 

 

you let out a small sigh, flicking back through your book for an explanation to question seven. you could feel amber watching you, so you turned your back to her, not wanting to talk. 

 

"are you okay?" amber whispered, her hand softly rubbing your back. "you don't look ok. are you feeling well? is there something you want to talk about?" 

 

yeah, you laughed, my girlfriend who loves me one day and accuses me of cheating the next just because i waved at my best friend. the fact everyone thinks i'm in some perfect realtionship with a loving girlfriend when the last time she told me she loved me was seven months ago. the fact i'm in love with you and you're in love with me but we both know krystal would kill us if she ever found out. 

 

but instead of saying that you just shook your head, mumbling something about a cold. 

 

"don't do that whole rubbing back thing." you whispered. "soojung doesn't like it, i'm sorry." 

 

a look of understanding flashed through amber's eyes and for a second you saw a glimpse of anger in her eyes but it quickly vanished and she nodded. she started up a conversation with luna about the band they were in and jongin joined, mentioning he could play the piano. 

 

"oh, really?" you butted in, already tired of this boy. "so can i, and i know i play it better than you." 

 

jongin tilted his head to the side, a habit he started up recently. the corners of his mouth formed into a smirk, and he flicked his golden brown hair backwards. 

 

"oh. want a contest?" jongin let out in a throaty drawl. "even if you're better i'll win, the girls and the boys all love me." 

 

"really?" you laughed, but now you meant business. "that's not what i hear in the locker room. still busy cheating on your girlfriend?" 

 

amber and luna both froze, the once light and airy conversation had now taken a sharp turn. things were getting serious. jongin bit his tounge and you smirked, thinking you had won. 

 

"yeah, with your girlfriend." jongin laughed, bringing up the time you had caught him and krystal going at it in the locker room. "her moans are really pretty." 

 

amber swore under her breath and the whole front row turned around. taeyeon and tiffany, the two girls in front of you, stopped flirting and discreetly pulled out their phones ㅡ planning to capture every moment and upload it online. 

 

"not as pretty as your girlfriend's." you hissed, wanting to knock that smile off his face. "what was her name? jiyoon, right? couldn't remember since she spent most of the night screaming my name." 

 

krystal whipped around, suddenly seeing the scene in front of her. she made a movement to get up but her twin sister, jessica, held her back. 

 

"repeat that again, ." jongin stood to his full height. "want to take this outside?" 

 

"where i can show you photos of the great night me and your pretty girlfriend had together? sure." you smiled, standing up too and picking up your bag. 

 

"you did what?" krystal screeched, as taeyeon and tiffany turned to film her. 

 

your heart started racing, stuck in a daydream you had forgotten krystal existed and foolishly, you had uttered words that would lead you to trouble. the anger in krystal's eyes was evident and you already knew of the storm that was coming. next to her jessica sighed, knowing what was going to happen. the bruises that you received tonight were really going to leave a mark. 

 

"nothing," you managed to speak, but not make eye contact with soojung. "i was just kidding. we were kidding, weren't we jongin?" 

 

the smirking boy's forehead was furrowed, as he was trying to work what was happening. you begged him to nod, as you stood there looking like some weak fool. thankfully he nodded and you knew that the bruises tonight were going to sting, but not as much as you thought they were. 

 

jessica let out a sigh of relief, tonight she wouldn't have to clean you up as you sobbed into her chest. tonight she wouldn't have to tell you to leave her sister and find someone who actually cared. tonight maybe she'd get some sleep without thinking of the pain her twin sister was inflicting on people. 

 

taeyeon and tiffany sighed, putting away their phones, knowing the fight was over. the class returned to it's normal state and the two students sat down, one was very confused and the other was already thinking of what they were going to have pretend to say to their parents about the punches they were going to get tonight.