九 。

Will You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was of no surprise that Sehun wasn’t really one to go around dating anyone – but it was probably surprising to most that Sehun hadn’t really dated anyone, well, ever. So naturally, it was a little bit hard for the boy to wrap his mind around a confession from someone like Jongin. With all of his good looks, popular, and well-loved by almost everyone in school, Sehun almost felt like he was on some prank show, and someone was going to jump out at any given moment like: Gotcha! This was all a prank!

 

And Sehun found himself a little unsettled by that thought.

 

So after Jongin had made his final confession, Sehun was suddenly thrown into the big melting point of emotions – nervous, speechless, and surprisingly, a little bit flustered. The Sehun that was constantly putting on a poker face was getting poked and prodded at repeatedly by the flirtatious man, and this time, that ice cold look was melting. Sehun could hardly keep himself composed.

 

And of course, Jongin had noticed. It was impossible not to.

 

“I – Well, I have to get home and – ”

 

“ – Sehun.”

 

“ –  I mean, my parents need to me to grab some – ”

 

“ – Sehun.”

 

“ – something about errands, and they’ll be upset if – ”

 

“ – Oh Sehun, listen to me.”

 

And when the boy had finally stopped rambling complete nonsense, Jongin found himself looking at a version of Sehun he’d never seen before. The calm and collected Sehun now had an extremely difficult time just meeting Jongin’s eyes. And that was the moment Jongin knew that his words had finally gotten through to Sehun. Sehun was finally taking his confession seriously rather than passing it off as a bad joke – which, for the record, Jongin would never make.

 

“Sehun, you don’t need to answer me right now.”

 

I don’t?

 

“I just wanted you to know how I felt.”

 

“Jongin, I – ”

 

“I’ll see you in class tomorrow, Sehun.”

 

And just like that, Jongin left with a smile on his face as if this had been any other conversation the male had. Which, if Sehun really thought about it, made him quite upset – it were as if Jongin had been so used to these confessions, the heartbreaker hadn’t thought twice about it.

 

But then again, why should Sehun be upset about something so trivial if he didn’t like Jongin in that way, right?

 

The flirtatious male was so persistent, doing whatever he wanted to be affectionate to Sehun even if Sehun had so clearly rejected him. That was just completely ridiculous. Even a grade schooler could follow instructions if someone told them no, and here was Jongin just acting as if no wasn’t even a word, a proper response. Or when Jongin practically followed him everywhere, or when Jongin decided to throw a tantrum when Sehun had so kind-heartedly set him up on a date with Irene. And now, he was ruining his study sessions?

 

And even Sehun really didn’t know what Jongin liked about him. Thinking back, all he could remember was rejecting the school heart throb from the moment they laid eyes upon each other. He barely even smiled to the male. And even though, yes, Jongin made advances, Sehun just brushed them off like they were no big deal.

 

But now, suddenly, love fell into the equation?

 

What is this, a drama?

 

But as completely ridiculous as Sehun thought it was, it had still happened. So when Jongin emphasized his seriousness, Sehun was flabbergasted – but not entirely. Because when he found himself thinking back, things had been different recently. The rash behavior, the sudden mood changes, they all seemed to suggest something quite outrageous. It just couldn’t possibly be true. Not logically, at least.

 

But then again, when had love ever been logical?

 

 

— ♡ —

 

 

Whatever happens, I’m going to reject Jongin today.

 

At least, that’s what Sehun had told himself repeatedly as he headed to school the next day. He had though it through, and he just couldn’t imagine even being next to someone even remotely like Jongin. It was just way to farfetched, and even someone like Sehun just couldn’t find himself imagining what it would be like to stand by someone was always in the spotlight.

 

But when he arrived in class that day – on time, if he may add – he was certainly shocked to see that Jongin hadn’t shown up. Naturally, Sehun thought Jongin was running late. Maybe the boy slept in or maybe the boy got on the wrong bus – things Sehun had done to be late in coming to class on previous days. And as the minutes ticked by, he found himself growing antsy.

 

Jongin still hadn’t shown up.

 

And suddenly, Sehun’s mind was filled with some not-so-nice scenarios.

 

What if Jongin had gotten into an accident on the way back from Sehun’s neighborhood? What if Jongin was robbed or even kidnapped after they had separated? Could he have gotten lost and spent a night at a nearby police station? Or rather, did Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter