八 。

Will You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks for baring with me for the short
break! Hope you guys enjoy today's chapter!
___

“Jongin, wait!”

 

But Jongin didn’t wait – he didn’t even speak – no matter how much Sehun called out to him. He just kept his hold on Sehun’s slender wrist, his fingers tightly clasped around and just kept on walking briskly. And Sehun found himself only able to stare helplessly at the back of the boy’s figure, the one who was taking him somewhere he didn’t know.

 

As Jongin turned the corner, Sehun found himself underneath the school’s well-hidden back staircase, his back against the wall with Jongin standing right before him. Jongin’s eyes were more intense than Sehun has ever seen before – and his body almost instinctively began to coward underneath the male.

 

“Don’t move.” Jongin’s words were sharp, demanding.

 

I’ve never seen him so angry.

 

And so Sehun found himself listening to the words of the other, daring only to move his eyes to watch Jongin’s movements. Jongin, on the other hand, took a step forward to close the gap between the two, his hands cupping the warm cheeks of the male before him. Tilting Sehun’s head to the sides, he began inspecting the other for something.

 

But Sehun really couldn’t tell what Jongin was looking for, or doing for that matter. It was as if he was looking for something specific, but wasn’t able to find it. And with Jongin acting so strangely, Sehun found it hard to even get the words out of his throat. Especially, when Jongin suddenly released his hold on Sehun’s cheeks and slowly pressed his hand lightly against the side of the male's neck.

 

Jongin’s expression then proceeded to soften, as he pulls both of his hands back – his thumbs hooking the front pockets of his jeans. He took a step back, letting out a soft sigh before locking eyes with Sehun once more.

 

“You’re not blushing.”

 

“Why would I, Jongin?”

 

“Your temperature is still cool.”

 

“Did you think I have a fever?”

 

“Your heart wasn’t racing.”

 

“Obviously.”

 

“I’m relieved, Sehun.”

 

Because you don’t love her, not yet at least.

 

Sehun gave Jongin a strange look as he – for the first time – took initiative in closing the gap between the two. This time, Sehun was the one studying Jongin. Slowly, he found himself reaching forward, placing his own cool fingers against Jongin’s forehead. But as he did so, Jongin also lifted his hand, taking Sehun’s hand off of his forehead into his own.

 

Before Sehun could register what happened, Jongin leaned forward, resting his head against Sehun’s shoulder.

 

“Relieved? I don't understand.”

 

“I really thought I was too late.”

 

And that was when Sehun noticed how out-of-breath Jongin was. His body was warmer than normal, subtly covered in sweat – it was almost as if Jongin had ran all over the school before arriving in the library just so he could reject Yoona’s offer of a water bottle for Sehun. But that sounded completely ridiculous in Sehun’s mind. Not even Jongin was that desperate.

 

“Hey Sehun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Will you let me stay like this for a while?”

 

“What?”

 

“I really need this.”

 

“But I need to get back to – ”

 

“Sehun.”

 

I’m scared of losing you.

 

 

— ♡ —

 

 

So Sehun allowed Jongin to lean on him for a few minutes on the condition that Jongin allowed him to go back to the library with Yoona afterwards – much to Jongin’s distaste. And on the way back to the library, there was an indescribable feeling of uncertainty in Sehun’s heart – it was like his heart thought that he should’ve stayed with Jongin.

 

But Sehun’s logical mind kept on reminding him that he had already made plans with Yoona earlier that day, and that leaving her unattended like that was quite ungentlemanly. And Sehun was a gentleman. So he finally made it back to the library, brushing his heart aside, where he found a very unnerved Yoona awaiting his return.

 

“Sehun, are you alright?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

“What was all of that about?”

 

“I’m still not too sure.”

 

Jongin just seemed so unreasonably anxious.

 

Yoona could visibly see Sehun’s perplexion, so instead of probing further, she just smiled that radiant smile of hers, “Why don’t we go back to studying and forget all of this?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter