六 。

Will You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin started that Saturday morning by standing in front of his bathroom mirror, gazing at his own reflection. What he saw in the mirror didn’t feel at all familiar. In fact, he felt like he was looking at a doppelganger, one who was lacking severely in energy. He felt like he had no appetite, no motivation, no energy, nothing. His habit of being a little too flirtatious was also missing, and he knew all too well the reason why – or rather, who.

 

Damn it.

 

Oh Sehun, why didn’t you stop me?

 

But dwelling on this situation wasn’t going to change anything. He had already agreed to go on the date with Irene as a way of venting at Sehun for even allowing something so insane. Sehun knew that Jongin didn’t want to go on this date, and Sehun knew that Jongin had his eyes on him and only him. If the situation had been reversed, there would’ve been absolutely no way that Jongin would’ve allowed Sehun to go on a date with someone else.

 

And the more he thought about it, the more irritated he got.

 

Though, if he was completely honest with himself, he knew that he was more irritated at himself for even agreeing to the date with Irene in the spur of that moment just to upset Sehun – though, the matter of if Sehun really got upset by it was quite questionable.

 

With an exasperated sigh, the male began to reluctantly freshen up. In the back of his mind, he kept telling himself that if Sehun was going to be like this, then he was going to be like this as well. Maybe, by some miracle, Sehun would get jealous. He’d certainly love to see a jealous Sehun. It was quite a display of immature behavior, but Jongin only wanted to care less.

 

Just you wait, Sehun.

 

I’ll have such a great time – you’d wish that you had stopped me from going.

 

With a clean shave, he quickly applied some gel to his hair before styling it. After putting a long gray tee and tossing on some faded blue jeans, he headed out to the sweet shop that he was supposed to meet Irene at.

 

Upon arriving at the destination, his eyes constantly scanned the crowd looking for that familiar purple hair, but found himself unable to see Irene. Five minutes, ten minutes, then fifteen minutes passed, and suddenly, Jongin had been standing outside the shop for almost half an hour – a highly unusual thing for Jongin to do. He was never the one waiting as all his dates always showed up much earlier to impress him.

 

Did Sehun forget to tell Irene to show up?

 

Sehun had organized the whole date without Jongin having to speak a word to the girl. Impatiently, Jongin glanced down at his watch once more in confusion. He wondered if his watch was running on the wrong time. But when he double checked his phone, that didn’t seem to be the case.

 

And then suddenly, he felt a tap to his back.

 

It's about time she’s –

 

“...Sehun?”

 

 

— ♡ —

 

 

“What are you doing here? Where’s Irene?”

 

“Probably at home.”

 

Sehun replied quite straight-forwardly, without a moment's hesitation, as if Irene was obviously supposed to be at home. But wasn't Irene supposed to be here, with Jongin? Or did he get the dates mixed up? But Jongin was pretty certain he had not mixed up the dates as he had been dreading this day ever since he had agreed to the date.

 

And there stood Sehun who had spoken so nonchalantly, Jongin found it extremely difficult to trust his own memory. Not to mention, Sehun was pretty short-spoken, which made it much more difficult to get the answers Jongin so desperately wanted before his brain felt the need to short-circuit.

 

“Wasn’t she supposed to be on a date with me today?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Then why are you here?”

 

"She's not coming.”

 

“And why's that?”

 

“She thinks you said no.”

 

Jongin blinked a few times before he fully registered what Sehun had said. And when he finally did, his jaw almost dropped in surprise. Irene thought that he had rejected the date? But he had so clearly told Sehun that he would go on it with her if he was truly okay with it – unless, that wasn’t the case. And so Jongin’s eyes slowly fell upon Sehun’s gaze, trying to determine what the other was thinking. But of course, Sehun's gaze was still quite expressionless, like a poker face, completely unreadable.

 

“Sehun, didn’t I agree to the date?”

 

“Did you?”

 

“Isn’t that what I told you?”

 

“I didn't think so.”

 

And while Sehun did speak quite matter-of-factly, unbeknownst to Jongin, he had actually spent an entire afternoon wondering what he should have said to Irene. Because it didn't take a genius to see that even though Jongin had verbally said he agreed to the date, every thing else said different. It was in every expression, every gesture, every word. And Sehun just couldn't find it in him to ignore all the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter