Chapter 3

Love begins at 30s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still in Itaewon-dong

February 9

 

Irene was all giddy smilling from cheek to cheek as she entered her car then Sehun followed after. 

 

"So how did it go doc Oh?" She slowly turned the engine on trying not to let out any giggle. Deep inside she already feel so euphoric just waiting for the right time to go all out crazy. 

 

"The police said they'll show me the copy of the cctv but for now I'll just wait for the car insurance to fix the damages" on the other side of the car a gloomy lad sighing mourning for his new bought car. 

 

They were driving silently when Irene suddenly remembered the girl he was with earlier. She was contemplating whether to ask who that girl was but too afraid to receive another heart ache. She just met the guy, she thought she'll just enjoy the most out of it. 

 

Sehun was busy eyeing the busy streets, partially thinking about his car. "So what were you doing at the cafe earlier?" Irene broke the silence when they stopped at the red light. 

 

"A friend of mine set me up on a date. Being single at this age became their problem." He let's out a soft chuckle then looked at Irene studying her features which lead him to a thought that she's already married. The way she dresses, colors and her car, a white SUV something a family guy would drive. But when he landed his gaze to her hand "no ring?" 

 

He smiled at the thought. How could someone this beautiful be single or that's what he thought.

 

"Hmm?" Irene cocked her eyebrow slightly leaning her head towards him. "You said something?"

 

Sehun almost slammed his head when he realised he said it in an audible voice. "Onion ring, yeah, onion ring." He chuckled nervously. "It's beed awhile since I've tried one." 

 

"Good, wanna grab some?" Irene spoke in a kind of intimidating mother like tone, like someone in authority though little did he know her eyes are already sparkling at the opportunity. 

 

"But you still have rounds doc." Sehun furrowed his eyebrows directing his gaze towards her. "Maybe after rounds?" She sheepishly grinned glancing at him then back on the road. 

 

"What about tomorrow, with Baekhyun hyung."

 

Irene rolled her eyes, good thing the lad didn't saw it. "Great with the infamous Byun Baekhyun." She puffed her cheek and guess she has no choice. 

 

"How are you related to Baek sunbae?" Irene frowned as she could already see the hospital. Too bad the streets were empty people must be working.

 

"Oh we're high school friends." Sehun chuckled. "We're almost here."

 

She made a turn and parked at her alloted parking space. They both went out and bid their goodbyes with Sehun bowing as a sign of gratitude. "Thank you doc." He left with a smile and went to the building opposite to Irene's.

 

"Dang it."

 

--------

 

"Sehunie, how's your car?" Baekhyun was sipping a coffee while rocking on his lazy chair. 

 

"I called the insurance, it'll be back in a month for now I'll just ride some cab or grab a bus." He shrugged while scrolling on his phone. Partly dep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter