Chapter 1

Love begins at 30s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea

February 6

 

"Ayyy congratulations Dr. Oh" The room was filled with laughter and applause.

 

Having a conversation and a gathering with his highschool friends was one of Sehun's stress reliever for nowadays they hardly have time for each other.

 

It just brings back memories that the people he's now with were once snotty and wasted but look at them now. Jongin a guy who can't buy a new pair of shoes just won the elections and is now a congressman, Chanyeol a senior who's once a big fat liar is now righteous and working beside the chief justice as a prosecutor, Baekhyun his high school senior who always get scolded for being dumb and reckless is now an well known surgeon and oncologist, Kyungsoo now a CEO of a famous real estate firm a poor guy who started from nothing they don't even own a piece of land before and Jongdae, who would've thought that Jongdae his favorite hyung would own a construction firm when he would always copy answers from his girlfriend. 

 

Meanwhile Sehun he spent his years dedicated to his work in the hospital and now it's like a breath of fresh air. He gets the feeling of being free and mighty after passing the exam to be a consultant and being accepted in his target hospital where Baekhyun works.  

 

"Enjoy everyone, today's going to be my treat." Sehun would always feel emabarassed of how expensive of all the food that his friends would treat him and now is the time for him to start paying them back. All laughed and had a toast with their beers but except for one. 

 

"Oh Jongdae-ah, you're not drinking?"

 

"Something wrong hyung?" 

 

All eyes were directed to him, concerned. They were used to his invitations and he would always take the lead when it comes to drinking but now it feels like there's something wrong.

 

He lets out a deep sigh and turned his gaze to each one of the them. "Guys I have an important announcement." 

 

From atmosphere suddenly turned dim with them not being comfortable with Jongdae being serious. 

 

"I'm going to be a father!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. His face was full of joy, nobody can explain how happy he was. It was his first child and he was all excited he immediately quited drinking and smoking for the sake of his future child. "And each one of you is going to be her godfather." They laughed in relief and of course happy for their friend. 

 

"Hey, hey. How sure are you that it's going to be a girl?" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows staring at mid air trying to find out how Jongdae confirmed it. 

 

"It's just an intuition Yeol, but it's the strongest intuition that I've ever had. I feel like I'm really having a daughter." Jongdae clasps both of his hands. 

 

"I also felt that back when Soojung was pregnant but it turned out to be a male." Jongin frowned reminiscing his experience. "But damn those were the best 10 seconds of my life, when my wife announced she got pregnant." The two fist bumped exchanging glances. 

 

"Arrghhh, how many of you have kids now?" The eldest ran his hands through his hair, Baekhyun who was first to get married still doesn't have a child.

 

"You." Baekhyun's finger pointed at Chanyeol in which he received a grin. "How did you manage to have three?" 

 

"You." He then pointed at Jongin who's busy teasing Jongdae. "You never stop having sons."

 

"Aye, for the record I only have two sons and I won't stop til I get a daughter." Jongin jokingly retorted knowing Baekhyun can't bear a child. 

 

Baekhyun slapped his face and sighed. "And you Jongdae you're going to be a father soon. Then Kyungsoo will be married, I'm worried that he'll bear children ahead of me." 

 

Baekhyun expressed all of his frustrations but they forgot one man. 

 

"Say Sehun, now that you're a full pledged orthopaedic surgeon, when do you plan to get yourself a girlfriend?" Jongin switched the topic to avoid listening to Baekhyun's whales. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter