Chapter 2

Love begins at 30s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea 

February 9

 

Another busy day in the hospital, staffs in the ER are rushing back and forth it seemed like everything is in fast forward from a bird's eye view but there's Irene in the middle slowly walking. Checking Taehyung's new girlfriend's instagram feed. 

 

"Oh, so that got the guts to follow me. Should I accpet or nah?"  She thought to herself busy scrolling through her pictures.

 

"Poor her she might miss alot of stuffs from me." She frowned as she skips through the ER. "But she might use my feed against me." Irene dramatically clutched her chest with an evidently cute pout on her face. "She's so pathetic I pity her." 

 

Irene was being all dramatic that morning she even didn't notice the stares given by the interns. She was too occupied with her thoughts and drama that she didn't noticed that she hearted one picture.

 

"Holy mother of pearl!" She screamed which made everyone stop on what they're doing. The guys in the hospital may have thought she was lovely at first but the bottom line is they all thought she's weird. 

 

"This is not happening, not today." She didn't mind all the stares given to her as she repeatedly pressed the picture. "What the heck!" Her forhead is now covered in sweat, she can feel the adrenaline rushing through her body. This is worse than her first patient's operation.

 

"How could I heart a person's picture who doesn't know how to spell shih tzu?"

 

She kept on whining til she reached her clinic on top of that she saw Taehyung along the way, how bad could her day get?

 

"Hey Doc Bae!" Running towards her is a jolly fellow. She scoffed when she saw the male running to her direction, she even pretended to run away. "Yah Irene don't you dare pretend to run away from me!"

 

She giggled at his cuteness and waited for her colleague to reach her but behind that colleague was a tall handsome guy following, catching her attention.

 

He was walking behind him wearing a white coat just like hers. Has a prominent jaw and a perfectly shaped nose. His eyes are sharp, his stare made the butterflies in her tummy alive again. 

 

Irene quickly fixed her hair and dusted her skirt to look dainty, as if she's not

 "What do you need Dr Byun?" 

 

"Aye don't act as if we're distant colleagues." Her breath hitched when the tall guy stopped a few feet behind Baehyun, she never knew Baekhyun could be associated with a handsome fellow.

 

"By the way I think Taeyeon is having an anemia don't you think that's the reason why she can't be pregnant?" Irene mentally facepalmed, she was kinda expecting that Baekhyun would introduce Dr. Handsome to her but in return he's there for advices. 

 

"Did you religiously take the meds Dr Seo recommended?" She answered back with a question. This side of Baekhyun frustrates her, since she really cares for Taeyeon her best friend. It's been 7 years already and Taeyeon would come to her all depressed.

 

At first Taeyeon thought she had miscarriage but actually there was no baby that was formed. No matter how hard they try Taeyeon can never make a baby. Baekhyun will always think that Taeyeon has a problem but it never occurred in his mind that it was him.

 

"You know you should try restraining yourself from drinking, you're diabetic Baekhyun-ah" Irene frowned. 

 

As she was about to ask the new comer's name standing beside Baekhyun she got immediately called by a surgeon for an operation where she quickly run without looking back. She mentally slapped herself for not looking at his name plate. "What a frustrating day." 

 

Itaewon-dong, South Korea

February 9

 

Irene entered her friend's coffee shop in a groggy state, well not too groggy but it's kinda evident by the way she walk. Her hair was tied messily and all she wanted was her favorite cup of coffee.

 

"Oh, Irene how did your day went?" Wendy, the owner greeted her with her radiant smile. She lead Irene to her favorite table not too far from the counter but near the window.  

 

"You know Taeyeon's husband is a lowkey ." She ruffled her hair while making an annoyed face. "By the way, when is Bora coming?" 

 

"Oh I almost forgot, arghhhhhh." Irene leand her head to the table hitting it in the process. "How to unheart a ing picture in ig?" 

 

Wendy can only facepalm, knowing that Irene know's she's the lesser friend when it comes to social media. She doesn't even know how instagram works. 

 

"Are you expecting a decent answer from a caveman?" Wendy left to prepare her coffe and at the distance she can clearly see a fashionita with a dramatic entrance in her cafe. Wearing a short pencil skirt and boots the whole place suddenly became windy. No wonder their friends never let Bora meet their kids. 

 

Bora briskly walked to Irene's direction and sat infront of her. "Sweetie, I've got tons of guys in line for you. They are very much willing to date you when I showed your picture to them." She winked at the latter placing a piles of folder to Irene. "And, Oh, Wendy, sweetheart I want my latte please." She waves at Wendy sending her a flying kiss which she receive a smile in return.

 

Irene told everything that happend to her this morning hoping that Bora could help her but to no avail her friend is a devil. She just laughed at Irene who's now all red from embarassment and anger. 

 

After few minutes Wendy returned carrying three cups giving each one of their favorites. "So what's the drill girls?" She sat beside Bora fixing the hot cocoa in her hand. 

 

"Is Joy coming?" Irene frowned she really missed Joy but it seemed like their friend is really busy with her work. 

 

"Don't mind mommy let's focus on your future first. Open the files

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter