Teaser

Star Empire Academy

"Yah, Jun Ha, won't we get caught if we do this? I- I think we should turn back or something. This place kind of gives me the creeps." Byul's teeth chattered and she wrapped her arms around herself.

*If only I was alive. I could give you that warmth you need.* Jun Ha thought wistfully. "Just be quiet, arasso? Well, at least try. We all know your steps sound like an elephant stampede." He said with a mischevious glint in his eyes.

Byul flushed red. "Absolutely not! Just because you're a soundless ghost, doesn't mean you can go criticizing my every flaw-"

"Enough, guys. We came to snoop around Star Empire Academy right? Let's not stand here for the rest of eternity bickering." Dong Joo, the other ghost who had accompanied them the two youngsters, shook his pale head.

The three slowly made their way closer to the large, looming castle and campus. Overhead, an owl hooted ominously and the tree branches rustled with the biting wind.

"Theres no moon overhead. Thats always a bad sign. How about we turn around and go back to the nice, safe cemetery, eh? You can have hot chocolate, Byul, and there won't be any scary-looking omens hovering over us and everything will be dandy..."

Suddenly Byul lurched forward as if she was being pulled by some invisible rope that was tied to her waist. With a whoosh, she vanished without a sound, leaving a speechless Jun Ha and Dong Joo.

---

Byul stood up, dazed and confused, and found herself laying down on a spiral stone staircase that was so narrow it could only fit two people. She whipped her head around, trying to find her ghost companions only to meet the eyes of a teenage girl.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? A little snooper with an ugly face. You do know that we are a closed campus, correct?" The girl sneered in Byul's face. She her face right in front of Byul's, causing her to jump back in shock and hit her head on the banister.

She chuckled, "A stupid snooper also? Hah, you've literally made my day with your antics. Wait until I report you to Mr. G. Who knows what he'll have in store for you for trespassing? Maybe a quick murder, maybe torture, or my favorite, the dungeon." She cackled to herself and grabbed Byul by her shirt collar harshly.

Byul tried to protest and stuggled violently, but the girl had an iron grip on her and wasn't going to let go anytime soon. Byul couldn't find it in herself to scream for help or doing anything but pummel the girl with her fists, as she was scared to the bone.

"I know what you are." The girl suddenly spoke. Byul stopped in her tracks. She hesitantly gazed up at the girl, fearing the worst.

She smiled at Byul, her eyes containing nothing but hate. "You're nothing but a despicable, cowardly, ugly ghoul. Don't try to hide it. We all know that ghouls are ugly inside and out. You should be sent off to the deepest pits of-"

"Hyorin." A voice rang out from across the hallway they were in. The girl, Hyorin, looked up and saw the person who addressed her. Her scowling face broke out into a bright smile. "Oh, Minwoo sunbae, how nice it is to see you! Um, this isn't really the right time now, could we do this later?"

He put his hands in his pockets and strode over to them. "Let go of the girl. Why are you bullying, no, torturing her?"

Hyorin, for once, had no words to speak. She let go of Byul and hung her head low. The guy, Minwoo, turned to Byul. He gave her a gentle smile and looked into her eyes.

"What are you doing at SEA? You're not a student here." He poked her shoulder. Byul, petrified, her heels and dashed out of the room. After running across several hallways and rooms that seemed like mazes, she finally made her way to the exit, completely terrified out of her wits.

Meanwhile, Minwoo returned to his dormitory. He mussed his hair up in thought. *I didn't even get her name...*


a/n Long time no see, guys, and I'm really sorry for that. The cycle of life caught up with me and I've been uber busy. I have yet to decide on a deadline, but its coming up pretty soon. And people applied for Taehun! Yay!!!!!! Harhar. Now I don't have to kill him.

Lock n' love-

seizetheday .