FLASHBACK……. (PART 2)

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 28: FLASHBACK……. (PART 2)

 

 

The sun quickly rose over the top of the tree bringing its sunlight everywhere. Kiseop blinked his eyes a few times before opening them entirely to be greeted by the warm sunbeams. He looked down his lap to find a sleeping boy snoring lowly. He wanted to wake the boy up since his whole body was really weary now. However the graceful figure of the other just couldn’t allow him to do so.

Kiseop looked around checking the clock. It was already 9 am. Should Jaeseop’s parents be here to pick him up? Being worried, he called for a police officer as quietly as he could.

“Mister, do you know when his parents will come here?” Kiseop asked pointing at Jaeseop.

“We have tried to contact them but they didn’t answer. When we called their company, they said that they went abroad last night. They also promised that they would call his parents and tell them to get back here as soon as possible. That’s all I know.” The policeman answered.

Kiseop sighed in relief. At least they would come. Kiseop was worried that they would leave Jaeseop forever. He chuckled silently at his childishness. That was impossible to leave such a good boy like Jaeseop, wasn’t it? Then again, he slapped himself mentally. He was still a child so acting childishly was unpreventable. How silly he was!   

Jaeseop shifted in his sleep then opened his eyes slowly. Being greeted by Kiseop’s tender smile, Jaeseop couldn’t help but smile back. He sat up from the other’s lap.

“Good morning.” Kiseop said.

“Morning.” Jaeseop said rubbing his eyes sleepily.

“How do you feel now?” Kiseop asked concernedly.

“Fine.” Jaeseop replied.

“You slept really soundly last night.” Kiseop chimed happily.

“What?” Jaeseop got shocked at the simple sentence.

“Is there something wrong?” Kiseop asked. Worry was written over his face.

“I slept last night?” Jaeseop asked back.

“Of course you did. Don’t you see that you have just woken up?” Kiseop answered innocently.

“How could I?” Jaeseop mumbled to himself.

“How could you what?” Kiseop asked in confusion.

“How could I sleep soundly at night?” Jaeseop asked more like to himself, not to Kiseop.

“Isn’t it normal to sleep soundly at night?” Kiseop asked completely unaware of what was happening to Jaeseop.

“Xander hyung, I slept last night… in that boy’s lap…” Jaeseop mumbled as he headed out the police station.

“Jaeseop, where are you going? We need to stay here to wait for your parents.” Kiseop shouted after the boy but received no response.

 

A policeman ran after Jaeseop to catch him. To everyone’s surprise, Jaeseop pushed the policeman away making him fall down.

“I need to find Xander hyung.”

After convincing the police that he would take care of Jaeseop, if they wanted they could appoint someone to follow them, and giving them his address, Kiseop caught up with Jaeseop. He didn’t hold Jaeseop back like the policeman. Instead he walked beside him and started a conversation.

“Jaeseop, who is Xander hyung?” Kiseop asked quietly so as not to surprise the other boy.

“Huh?” Jaeseop looked up from the ground to see Kiseop’s face.

“Why are you following me? I need to find Xander hyung.” Jaeseop said continuing his walk.

“I want to help you find Xander hyung.” Kiseop said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“You don’t know who he is. How can you find him?” Jaeseop asked slowing down a bit.

“You can tell me so that I can help.” Kiseop suggested.

“Uh… okay…” Jaeseop hesitantly agreed.

“Xander hyung is my older brother. His real name is Alexander but he preferred Xander since it is unique. He is really handsome. He had short curly hair and tanned skin. He is a little taller than me. He is very kind. He looks after me all the time.” Jaeseop started to describe.

“You must love him very much.” Kiseop said as he realized how passionate Jaeseop talked about Xander hyung.

“Certainly. He is my biggest love.” Jaeseop smiled happily.

“Do you know where he is now? I can bring you there.” Kiseop offered.

“I don’t know.” Jaeseop answered. His face quickly turned dissatisfied.

“Do you remember where you last met him?” Kiseop asked trying to find a way to help the other.

“I don’t know either. That place had a big tree, a bench and a lot of snow.” Jaeseop told Kiseop everything he knew in the hope that he could really find his dearest brother.

“Since I don’t have any class today, let’s find that place together!” Kiseop said cheerfully clasping his hands together.

 

After that, the two boys started to wander over many streets to find Xander hyung. If they were hungry, Kiseop would feed them some snacks because he didn’t have much money to treat Jaeseop well. Luckily Jaeseop didn’t mind that.

Soon the sun set behind tall buildings. Kiseop suddenly stopped dead in his track. He forgot to go home! His mother must be really worried. How could he be that careless? His mother was all he had. And he was all she had too.

“Jaeseop, let’s continue searching tomorrow.” He said facing the mentioned boy.

“Why? We haven’t found Xander hyung yet.” Jaeseop whined.

“I have to go home. My mother must be crying right now. Like your parents.” Kiseop said honestly.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I have been so troublesome.” Jaeseop apologized anxiously.

“It’s okay. Your parents were going abroad on business. Would you like to come to my house tonight?” Kiseop suggested.

“Just go home. I can handle myself.” Jaeseop said firmly.

“How can you handle yourself? Last night you were almost kidnapped!” Kiseop shouted angrily.

“Why are you screaming so loudly?” Jaeseop complained annoyingly.

“Let’s go home with me.” Kiseop said grabbing Jaeseop’s hand.

“Why? We barely know each other.” Jaeseop struggled in the other’s hand.

“But we are friends already.” Kiseop spoke out naturally.

“Friends?” Jaeseop whispered to himself and stopped struggling.

“Yeah. And friends take care of each other.” Kiseop voiced heartily.

 

Afterwards Kiseop dragged Jaeseop to his house. As they arrived, Kiseop rushed into the house to find his mother. To his surprise, she wasn’t crying like he thought. She was sitting by the window and looking outside.

“Mommy, I’m so sorry. I have worrying you this whole day.” He cried out as he knelt in front of his mother.

The woman looked down at her son and smiled lovingly. She looked as calm as ever.

“Kiseop, don’t apologize. Why are you always apologizing to everyone?” she asked softly.

“Because it was my fault for going out all night and day without your permission. You must be angry.” He said looking up his mother.

“Oh, I’m not angry with you at all. You’re my lovely son. How can I get mad at you?” she said his hair.

“So you aren’t angry?” Kiseop asked.

“Of course.” She answered.

“You don’t worry?” Kiseop asked again.

“Of course.” The same reply was heard.

“You don’t worry? I have been out all day.” Kiseop said sounding hurt.

“Silly. If you are out without me knowing, I will definitely worry.” She said fondling her son’s cheeks.

“You have just said that you don’t worry.” Kiseop said confusedly.

“Because I have already known where you are.” She chuckled lowly at how cute her son was.

“How could you know?” Kiseop asked getting more clueless.

“You have been helping a boy since last night. I’m so proud of you.” She smiled.

“How could you know?” Kiseop asked again. It appeared that he could only let out that question.

“My son is so cute. That was such a big thing. How could I not know? I know everywhere you have gone to today.” she said giggling again.

“It must be the police.” Kiseop exclaimed after thinking for a while.

“Look. My son is not only cute, but also very smart.” She complimented making Kiseop blush lightly.

“Where is the boy?” she asked. At that, Kiseop slapped his forehead and let go of his mother to run to the door. Today he was so forgetful. First he forgot to tell his mother. Now he forgot Jaeseop who was left outside.

“Mommy, this is Jaeseop. This is my mother, Jaeseop.” Kiseop introduced.

“Nice to meet you, Jaeseop. Did my son bring you any trouble today?” The woman greeted.

“Nice to meet you too. Although he wasn’t so troublesome, he was weird sometimes.” Jaeseop replied confidently. His words were pretty straightforward. But they sounded like a joke more.

“That’s my boy.” She chuckled making Kiseop blush even more.

“Mommy…” Kiseop winced in embarrassment.

“You must be hungry, Jaeseop. Sorry that Kiseop didn’t treat you well. Let’s go eat something.” She said holding Jaeseop’s shoulders.

“What about me?” Kiseop asked following the others into the kitchen.

 

That evening, three of them had a happy dinner in Kiseop’s small house. They talked about many random things as if they had known each other for a long time. Jaeseop was really happy that he had a chance to meet them. They are the most warm-hearted and nicest people he had ever met. After the dinner, Kiseop’s mother made her son and Jaeseop go to bed early because they had had a tiring day. And again Jaeseop quickly slept next to Kiseop since the house didn’t have a room for guests and Kiseop was craving for sleeping with Jaeseop.

 

At night, there were some knocks on the door. Kiseop’s mother was the one who answered. It was a couple that looked extremely anxious.

“Can I ask if a boy named Lee Kiseop is here?” the woman in the couple asked. Her voice was shaking.

“You must be Jaeseop’s parents?” Kiseop’s mother asked but it came out like a confirmation more.

“Is Jaeseop here?” this time was the man that asked impatiently.

“He’s sleeping with my son. Come in.” Kiseop’s mother opened the door to let them in.

 Jaeseop’s parents followed her into Kiseop’s room to find their son sleeping soundly. Letting out a relieved sigh, they turned back to thank Kiseop’s mother. They headed out to the living room leaving their boys sleeping.

“How can Jaeseop sleep at night?” the woman asked her husband.

“I don’t know. Maybe because of that boy.” The man whispered back.

 

After offering them some water, the three parents talked about their sons a lot since it was the only subject they could talk about. Kiseop’s mother found out that Xander had died months ago because a cureless disease. But Jaeseop was haunted by his death. The night Xander died which was a snowy day he brought Jaeseop to their favorite place at a park. When he died, he still hugged Jaeseop, who was sleeping, tightly. When their parents found them, they brought Jaeseop away from Xander. Who couldn’t be haunted by such a memory? Jaeseop wasn’t an exception. Since then, he lost the ability to sleep at night because every time he closed his eyes, he would dream of Xander coming back to him then leaving him again. That was reason why everyone was surprised to see Jaeseop sleep. The couple also thanked Kiseop for taking care of Jaeseop that well. After that they waited till the two boys woke up and left Kiseop’s house. Before they went away, Jaeseop had promised Kiseop to come back sometimes. Kiseop’s mother had told him everything about Jaeseop that she knew in hope that her son and Jaeseop would build a good friendship between them.

 

End of flashback

 

 

A/N: Finish flashback!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you all clear about Jaeseop's past?????? That's all about him that I could think of ^______________^

I'm really sorry to say this. I will update really slowly since my school year has just started this week. And this is the most important year in my student life. My future depends on this year. So I have to focus on studying. I hope you can understand. But don't worry. I will still update as soon as possible :))))))

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <33333333333333333333333