NIGHTMARES........

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 24: NIGHTMARES……

 

 

That song Kevin sang was such a beautiful song that it engulfed Jaeseop in an indescribably pleasant feeling. The ‘singer’ finished his song leaving his friend deficient and dumbfounded.

“Why do you stop?” Jaeseop winced audibly.

“I have sung the whole song.” Kevin answered feeling satisfied that Jaeseop seemed to enjoy his singing.

“It was amazing. But why did you sing Japanese?” Jaeseop asked as he realized Kevin didn’t sing Korean.

“I love that song most. And it’s in Japanese.” Kevin simply replied.

“Do you understand the lyric thoroughly?” Jaeseop asked curiously.

 “Yeah. I have learnt Japanese before.” Kevin answered.

“What else have you learnt? I mean languages.” Jaeseop asked wanted to know more about his friend.

“I learned a lot when I was younger. But I stopped learning them because my health wasn’t very good to be put under much pressure.” Kevin said honest in the first part but made up the last part.

“You must be really tired, mustn’t you? But don’t worry. You have me and Kiseop with you now. So just enjoy your life like a normal carefree kid.” Jaeseop said hugging the smaller boy tighter and his hair.

“Thank you… a lot…” Kevin said somehow feeling his heart warmer than before.

“Uhm… Kev, I want to hear more. Can you sing another song?” Wanting to break the silent between them, Jaeseop asked getting a little shameful. He had to admit that he was pretty greedy sometimes. But he couldn’t help himself since Kevin’s voice was so hypnotic.

“You like it that much?” Kevin asked teasingly through his smirk.

“If you want, I’ll sing some more songs. I feel so great that you enjoyed.” Kevin said happily. Singing Jaeseop to sleep was a part of his plan besides lying next to him. According to Kevin’s reason, Jaeseop might have some obsession or fear of loneliness. So if he had someone sleeping with him through the night, he might get some sleep.     

Kevin started to sing another song. Just like the first one, it brought Jaeseop a comfortable feeling. In addition to that, Kevin’s hot breaths casted to his chest making his whole body tingle. And the way the other rubbed and patted his back put Jaeseop’s mind at ease too. It seemed that all the conditions needed for a sleep were adequate. After a few more songs, Kevin had succeeded in making his friend drift off. Smiling to himself slightly, his attempts weren’t a waste at all. However he knew too well things weren’t this easy. Jaeseop hadn’t sleep at night for six years. The problem must be really difficult to be solved. His attempts tonight didn’t mean much. Jaeseop might wake up any moment. So Kevin decided to stay up all night to observe his friend’s sleep hoping that he wouldn’t doze off in the process.

Gently getting out of Jaeseop’s hold, Kevin sat up with his elbows. He started to watch Jaeseop intently. The room was so quiet that there were only Jaeseop’s soft breaths. Jaeseop was sleeping pretty well. His chest was rising up and down in synch with his breaths. He seemed to relax a lot since most of the muscles on his face were stretching. His sleeping figure was so peaceful that Kevin almost forgot about his sleepiness. Pulling the blanket up, he covered Jaeseop’s body and his own lower part with it. He dropped his back on the headboard feeling weary. A sigh escaped his lips as he Jaeseop’s short hair hoping from the bottom of his heart that nothing would happen.

After a quiet period of time, Kevin noticed that Jaeseop started to shift in his sleep. His eyebrows furrowed uncomfortably. He lied down next to Jaeseop and rubbed his back soothingly. Singing a few lines of some random songs, Kevin got Jaeseop to lie still again. Sighing in relief, Kevin kept lying there with Jaeseop in his slender arms not wanting anything else to happen. And if something happened, he would be able to help his friend right away.

As expected, things weren’t that simple. Jaeseop turned more often. His breaths were no more stable. They were short and shaky. He started to mumble something like ‘hyung’ or ‘don’t leave me’. Cold sweats were running down his face rapidly. He kept on kicking in the air convulsively. Kevin began to get panicked. He didn’t know what to do. But looking at his friend’s present state, Kevin knew that he was having a bad dream. So he decided to wake him up from the nightmare. Shaking Jaeseop strongly on the arms, Kevin called him but it almost came out as a yell since the other was probably in deep sleep.

Jaeseop sat up completely as he woke up. Panting hard, he dropped his head in his hands. He knew it would appear when he slept at night. It wasn’t pleasant at all so he had made up his mind not to sleep. It gradually became his habit to stay up all night and he almost forgot how to sleep. But Kevin’s acts were just so soothing that it drove him to sleep unknowingly. It had been a long time since he last had that dream. However the feeling it brought him was still so fresh and heartbroken.

Sinking in his deep thoughts, Jaeseop forgot about Kevin’s present next to him. He didn’t notice that Kevin had been staring at him nervously from the moment he sat up until Kevin shook his arm slightly. Getting startled by the move, Jaeseop looked up from his palms.

“Oh, Kev…” he managed to let out.

“How are you feeling now?” Kevin asked. Worry was written over his face.

“Just tired a little.” Jaeseop lied. He actually felt really exhausted. That dream had taken every ounce of his strength.

“Really?” Kevin let out a sigh. “Did you have a nightmare?” he added.

“Is that the reason why you don’t sleep at night?” Kevin continued after receiving a nod from the other.

“Almost. Actually I am scared of that dream. So I decided not to sleep in order not to see it again. Eventually I feel fine without sleeping at night.” Jaeseop admitted.

“What is it?” Kevin asked but regretted right after that. Jaeseop was scared of it. So he probably didn’t want to either remind of it or tell it to anyone.

“You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want.” Kevin said reassuringly.

“Thank you.” Jaeseop whispered.

“There is nothing to thank. It’s me making you suffer this. I’m so sorry.” Kevin mumbled.         

“But I won’t regret make you sleep from the very start.” Kevin said firmly.

“So it was all your plan, wasn’t it?” Jaeseop asked already knowing the answer. He didn’t want plans very much. But strangely he wasn’t mad at Kevin at all. Instead he felt pretty happy to know that Kevin had made a great effort to help him.

Being embarrassed, Kevin turned away not daring look at Jaeseop anymore. He didn’t know how to reply so he just played with his fingers nervously. Kevin must be afraid of making Jaeseop angry. He quickly got out of the bed making Jaeseop confused. He disappeared in the dark but with the weak light of the moon, Jaeseop was still able to see that Kevin was looking for something fussily. Jaeseop chuckled at the cute sight. So tired to guess what Kevin was planning to do, Jaeseop just lied back on the bed to relax.

Kevin got back a moment later with a cup of water and a wet towel. He handed the other the objects then sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Drink it. And use the towel to clean yourself. You have sweated a lot.” Kevin said successfully getting over Jaeseop’s previous question.

“I want you to help me with these.” Jaeseop insisted holding out the things Kevin had just given him.

“Why would I?” Kevin asked confusedly.

“You are the one making me suffer this, remember?” Jaeseop reminded Kevin slyly.

Kevin’s eyes widened at his friend’s words. Forcefully he did what he was told. He sat closer to Jaeseop then used the towel to clean his sweaty face gently and held up the cup to Jaeseop’s lips for him to drink. This was so awkward that Kevin didn’t dare make eye contact with the other. Meanwhile Jaeseop smiled contently. Having a roommate, a friend like Kevin was so interesting. And he must enjoy it to the fullest.

After finish his work, Kevin sat down on the floor next to the bed staring blankly into the space. What should he do now? Should he ask Jaeseop to sleep again? But he was afraid that Jaeseop would suffer from the nightmare again. Or should he get back to sleep on his own? But he didn’t think he could sleep when things were like this. That was so complicated.

“What are you doing?” Jaeseop asked breaking Kevin’s trance.

“Nothing.” Kevin answered simply.

“Let’s get back to sleep.” Jaeseop suggested. After watching his friend trying this hard, Jaeseop had made up his mind to make some efforts again. Maybe Kevin could help him at this since he had already slept, hadn’t he? Actually there was another reason that made him want to sleep with Kevin again. It was Kevin’s warmth. Somehow it reminded him of that person.

“You mean you and me?” Kevin asked hoping that he didn’t misunderstand.

“What do you think when people say ‘let’s’?” Jaeseop asked chuckling lowly.

“Of course only if you want to and are able to suffer from might torture every time I wake up and get back to sleep.” He added quickly.

Kevin’s eyes lit up at the request. He couldn’t believe that Jaeseop would offer him this. But not long after that, he eventually believed as Jaeseop pulled him by the wrist onto the bed. This time the other let him lie on the edge. It didn’t take him long to understand that since he knew that Jaeseop would certainly need his help more times tonight. And Kevin was sure that he himself would never mind.

No need to be told, Kevin restarted the process of making Jaeseop sleep. This time his friend drifted off quite fast, or at least faster than the first time. Kevin somehow felt really happy to do this, to help one of his best friends despite the difficulty and failure…

 

 

Finally the sun had risen gesturing another new day had started. Thanks to the alarm clock, Kevin forcefully woke up from his little sleep. Looking to his side, he found a sleeping Jaeseop. A gentle smile formed on his lips when he checked his phone. Jaeseop probably slept for about more than 2 hours with exactly seven times waking up last night. To Kevin, it was a pretty satisfying success. He would continue doing this till it became a complete success, Kevin promised to himself.

“Jaeseop, wake up.” Kevin said shaking Jaeseop slightly.

“Huh?” Jaeseop yawned sleepily.

“We need to get ready for school.” Kevin reminded his friend.

Getting out of the bed, Kevin started his day and Jaeseop copied his actions exactly, except for the part that he hummed some random songs every now and then.

“What makes you so happy today?” Kevin asked curiously. He thought that he was the only one happy here. And Jaeseop might be really tired that he had so many nightmares last night.

“Nothing. It is just I’m in good mood.” Jaeseop answered grinning sheepishly.

“Let’s go to school.” He said excitedly then dragged Kevin out of their shared room.

Today was a very nice day, wasn’t it? At least Jaeseop would sleep less in classes.

 

A/N: Finally I can access AFF!!!!!!!! Living without it just for a few days was terrible TT^TT

 

How is this chap??????? Tell me coz your comments give me encouragement to write next chap XD

It's so sad writing about Jaevin and 2seop when thinking about AJ's leaving ;;A;;

 

Tks lehaphuonglinh for the link ^^

 

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORT UKISS <33333333333333