SCHOOL........

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 11: SCHOOL……

 

Kevin was lying on his bed like every other day when he heard a knock on the wooden door. His mother slowly appeared from behind the door. She stepped closer to Kevin’s bed. Pulling out a chair near there, she sat down next to him.

“Kevin, you will go to school next Monday.” Kevin’s mother announced.

“…” Kevin didn’t react. He just simply nodded his head to tell that he knew it.

“Prepare yourself well.” She continued.

“…” again he just gave her a nod as a response.

“Do you need some help?” she asked concernedly.

“…” this time he shook his head for ‘no’.

Their conversation seemed really weird when only one spoke. Neither of them wanted to lengthen it. It was just the matter who would end this.

“Since you have to live in a community, you will live like a normal person do.”

“…”

“You will eat and drink like everyone so we won’t let you be on a drip anymore.”

“…”

“You also have to walk and talk a lot.” She said waiting for Kevin to react.

“…”

“Do you know how long you have been like this?” she asked holding Kevin’s slender hand.

“…”

“Why don’t you say anything?” she continued. All she received was Kevin took back his hand coldly.

“…”

“Just express one emotion on your face!” her voice began to tremble.

“…”

“Or hit me if you want!!!” she now completely lost her temper at Kevin.

“…”

“I know I don’t deserve anything from you. But please be yourself like you used to be in the past.” She pleaded looking desperately at her son.

“…”

“I don’t beg for your forgiveness but living this way is just harming you.” She said before starting to sob audibly. Somehow the feeling of guilt and a little love for Kevin still existed in her heart. Watching her son being like this made her heart clench. She knew she had been wrong right from the beginning but she couldn’t change the situation now.

“I want to live in the dorm.” A voice that wasn’t heard for a long time echoed.

Kevin simply said then turning around on his king-sized bed so that he didn’t have to face his mother any longer. He didn’t want to talk to her at first because he still couldn’t accept the fact that she chose money and honor over him. But it seemed that she had really realized her fault and suffered from great misery too. Kevin, originally being a soft-hearted person, decided to say some words to her but not too much. He suddenly came up with the idea that why he didn’t live in the dorm so that he wouldn’t have to face them every day. So he just spoke out his idea being sure that his mother would be extremely happy for that.

“Kevin? Kevin? Have you just said something?” Kevin was right as his mother sobbed louder now. She couldn’t believe that Kevin talked to her. She didn’t know how much she missed that angelic voice. She couldn’t describe how happy she was when finally Kevin managed to let out a word. His voice was still the same but the tone in it was different. It used to be very sweet and warm. But now all she found was emotionless and cold. Not needing to know whether the tone was, she just knew that Kevin at last spoke and she would do anything to hear that voice again.

Kevin again didn’t reply her. But this time she was satisfied with that.

“You want to live in the dorm? Ok. I’ll tell your father. Just wait for me.” She sang then walked fast out of the room.

Kevin was alone in the room again. He let out a sigh and wandered his mind to nowhere. He didn’t think much about the school. Just go there and study. That was all. But thinking about living in a different place, he felt something strange. Maybe it was the comfort that he would suffer from this hell less.

 

…………………………………

 

After a while, his mother came back with good news that his father agreed to let him live in the school dormitory if his behaviours changed in two weeks. All the administrative formalities were done. All Kevin had to do was go to school and study like everybody else at his same age. Despite the fact that he hadn’t attended any official classes since he was born, Kevin absolutely could catch up with his classmates. He just needed to take some quick revisions of the knowledge he had been taught before. These days, Kevin started to eat, drink and take some walks… He did everything people did except for talking. He still didn’t want to interact with anyone yet.

 

…………………………………………………….

 

 Finally Monday morning came. Kevin got everything ready for school before heading out of the house. He didn’t know how long since he last went outside. But Kevin’s emotion didn’t change much because to him, this world had nothing to pull him back. After changing into uniform and having breakfast, one servant gave him the schoolbag. He silently walked into the car where there was a chauffeur standing and sat still inside it. He looked outside with chilly eyes. “This life always .” He thought.

The car ran smoothly down the street and stopped in front of a school gate. The driver quickly walked out of the car to open the door for Kevin. Taking one step, Kevin’s figure slowly appeared just like the way rich people usually appeared in public. Kevin didn’t like this but he didn’t care so he just let it be anything it wanted to be.

This school looked pretty luxurious and its students didn’t seem to be from any poor family. Everyone was chatting happily until Kevin completely got out of the car.

“Little Master, I have to leave you here. Mr. and Mrs. Master told me to do this. Can you go alone?” the driver asked nervously keep his head low. Kevin nodded his head then politely bowed the driver before leaving for school.

He walked confidently through the gate with his back straight and his eyes only looking at the front direction. Everyone, even girls or guys or teachers, had to stop their unfinished work to take a look at him. Although this school originally had a good reputation, having Kevin being its student was still a big pleasure for it. Kevin’s family was the most powerful family in this area. Everyone knew that and they were looking forward to Kevin’s appearance to make this school even more famous. In addition, in spite of being just an eleven-year boy, his beauty could take anyone’s breath away easily.

Kevin was pretty tall and thin. His skin was so white that it could be called pale. His straight nose and pink lips made a perfect combination. His brown hair was cut neatly hugging his oval face. Some strands covered a part of his eyes. But his cold sharp eyes weren’t hidden completely. With those eyes, he could have anyone under his control if he wanted. But behind that was a deep sadness that only a few people could notice. His face could be described as a flawless one. However there was one more word to say about it. It was emotionless…

Ignoring all the looks and screams, he kept on walking straight, not even took a glance at anyone. Some people got annoyed with that behavior but it didn’t seem that Kevin could care about anything in this world. Suddenly a teacher stood in his way making him to stop.

“You must be Kevin Woo?” the teacher asked.

“…” Kevin nodded. Not that he was impolite or something. It was just he wasn’t used to being at school and he was still not in the mood for talking.   

“I have known about your situation. Come with me to the office. I’ll give you your schedule and show you where your class is.” He continued receiving another nod from Kevin.

Kevin followed the teacher to his office before starting his first day at school. It was still that cold face, those unchanged steps and nonchalant behavior. This time Kevin had made a wrong move. He didn’t know that he should have given a damn to others. Because there was one person who was staring at him in a mixture of complicated feelings. Shock… satisfaction… happiness… excitement … worry… insecurity… impatience…

 

A/N: HAVE YOU KNOWN WHO THAT PERSON WAS????? I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TONIGHT, DORADORA IS GOING TO BE RELEASED. I CANT CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THIS CHAP IS BORING!!! ^^

I FEEL LIKE I CANT EVEN BREATHE. DO YOU?????????