EXISTENCE.........

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 12: EXISTENCE…

 

 

 

Kiseop’s POV

 

Is that Kevin? I can’t find a right word to describe what I am feeling right now? After all those years of waiting, I finally see him. My heart is beating so fast. My emotion is about to explode now. I’m so excited and happy right now. What should I do? I must talk to him now. I am wondering how he will react when I talk to him.

But wait… something isn’t right… I have to watch him carefully again to confirm that the new student is Kevin…

That must be Kevin. I can’t take it wrong. But why does he look so different? Still that flawless face, that slim body… but the aura around him isn’t like before anymore. Something has changed. Those eyes aren’t innocent and sparkling anymore. They contain something dark, something hatred and something misery. They are now so lifeless and cold. The way he walks and sees everything has changed. Though I haven’t known him well, I still notice that he doesn’t give a damn about anything. He just walks his way not even blinking his eyes for once.

I have seen him walking wisely and strongly. This time his steps seem strong and confident too. But behind them is something involved to fear and weakness. I don’t know how I could feel so many emotions of his just by looking at him like right now. Maybe it is just that his image comes into my mind every day as if it is something like food or drink or even oxygen. I miss every single move of his and remember them exactly. Therefore noticing the changes is not really difficult.

I must find out what happened to him that makes him change that negatively. I can’t stand watching him like that. This is too much to bear to me…

 

~End of POV~

 

Kiseop was about to catch up with Kevin but he had already got into the office. Therefore, Kiseop decided to wait for Kevin to come out. Unfortunately, when Kevin still hadn’t come out, the bell already rang to signal that the class had started. Kiseop unwillingly turned his heels to go to his class instead.

“Let’s just meet him at lunch…” Kiseop told himself.

 

As Kevin received his schedule from a friendly teacher, he was led by another teacher to his classroom because he hadn’t known anything about this school. On the way to the classroom, the teacher tried to talk to him but fail desperately. Kevin just followed him quietly not letting out any sound even the footsteps’ sound. Nothing and nobody could change Kevin’s condition now. Or so he thought?

Finally they reached their destination. Kevin bowed the teacher politely before he left. Pushing the door aside, Kevin stepped into his classroom. He was greeted by his official form teacher and the stares from all of the students. Many girls started to gossip about his look. Some already became his fangirls. That was normal. What was weird was some guys had fallen in love with him at first sight. They began to talk about their strategies of winning his heart.

Kevin heard them all but ignore all he heard and saw. He didn’t even care to introduce himself. It seemed that the teacher already knew about his situation.

“Class! Attention please!” he drew attention from his talkative students.

“Today, we gladly have a new student.” He started receiving a welcoming applause from them.

“His name is Kevin Woo. Please take care of him.” He ended his short speech.

Kevin still looked at them with cold eyes then bowed. Some students started to feel strange when he didn’t introduce himself and let the teacher do that for him. But they quickly forgot about it as the teacher stated again.

“Kevin. You will sit next to Jaeseop because we only have that seat available.” He said.

“Jaeseop! Raise your hand so that Kevin can see you.” He shouted.

It seemed that the person he mentioned was dropping off. As a result of being woken up by his classmates for a while, Jaeseop finally came out of his dreamland. He raised his hand sleepily to let Kevin know where he was. Kevin nodded his head and quickly headed for his seat.

Taking off his bag, Kevin slowly sat down. He didn’t take a glance to the boy next to him. And that boy didn’t seem to be in the mood to do anything including greeting Kevin and introducing himself. Two boys blankly stared at the front without many thoughts in their heads.

“Let’s start our lesson today.” The teacher clapped his hands and began his boring lecture.

Soon after he started, Jaeseop fell asleep again. Kevin, without much attention and emotion, just listened to the teacher and wrote his notebook as if they were parts of instinctive reflex. During the class, their table was really quite because the only sound that was heard was the sound when Kevin’s pen regularly contacted the paper.   

As being set up, all the students stood up at the same time with the moment the bell rang. The teacher tiredly shook his head at his students’ move then sighed heavily. While many people who couldn’t afford studying fees wanted to study so badly and tried their best to study, there were so many people who were completely opposite.

“Goodbye class.” He waved before leaving.

Right after the teacher closed the door, the class became an absolute market. All the students burst out laughing and chatting. Meanwhile, Jaeseop continued wandering in his dreamland and Kevin read some books for the next class.

“Hi Kevin! Nice to meet you.” One girl from the front head turned around to greet him.

“Hello sweetie. How do you feel about this class?” A guy from the other line of tables reached him.

After that, many other students also came to greet him. But no matter who they were, how their manners were, they all received the same reaction from Kevin. He just kept on his work not saying a word or even taking his eyes from his books. To Kevin, they just didn’t really exist.

From the way Kevin acted nonchalantly towards everyone, many students had changed their way of thoughts about him. Some started to worry if Kevin had any mental problems. Some thought he was mute. Some considered him as a rich arrogant bastard. Some even gave him looks and words that were full of hatred.

The other classes just began then ended like the first one. Boring and tiring. The only thing that changed was everyone in the class hated Kevin now, except for one. It was Jaeseop because basically he didn’t pay attention to anything or anyone but his sound sleep. Despite everything that happened this morning, Kevin just continued his work without changing a bit in his thoughts and emotions.  

 

 

Eventually the morning classes ended and lunch time had started. Every student and even teacher rushed to the cafeteria so that they could find better food. The atmosphere became really hot and busy. And of course, every case has its exceptions. So did this. Jaeseop slowly woke up as he received a message. After reading it, he sighed sadly before taking out a loaf of bread from his bag to eat instead of having lunch in the cafeteria. What about Kevin? After packing up his things, Kevin stood up from his seat and headed for the cafeteria. He coldly walked through everyone not even blinking once.

Meanwhile, Kiseop nervously waited for Kevin to appear at the entrance of the cafeteria as he still didn’t know which class Kevin was in. Besides the feeling of nervousness, Kiseop always felt a little guilty since he refused to have lunch with his best friend today. However that feeling didn’t last long. He felt cold sweat rolling nonstop from his hands and forehead. Never had he been this worried. He had so many questions that need to be answered. Did Kevin still remember him? How could he start a conversation with Kevin? How could he ask Kevin about his changes?... A lot of questions just spin his head round and round making him feel dizzy. But they were quickly swept away as he saw Kevin appear in the hallway.

The moment Kevin reached the door, Kiseop automatically waved his hand at him. Using his brightest smile to catch Kevin’s attention, he felt his heart drop.

“Kevin…” he whispered as Kevin walked by.

Kevin, with his nonchalant steps and unchanged face, passed Kiseop as if Kiseop didn’t exist in this life, as if he was just a dust in the dirty atmosphere…………    

 

A/N: HELLOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M BACK!!!!!!!! SORRY FOR MAKING YOU WAIT TOO LONG. I HAD FINAL SEMESTER EXAMINATION BUT IT'S DONE NOW WITH PRETTY GOOD RESULTS!!! YAY ^^

HOW IS THIS CHAPTER? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <333333333333333