BACK TO LIFE...

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 2: BACK TO LIFE…

 

 

Kevin’s POV

 

 

I walked into the house with a servant following me. That was annoying. Why did they need to do that? Even I was a kid, I still could walk by myself.

“Little Master, your father is waiting for you in the library.” She said breaking my trance.

After what I had done, I knew that she would spoke those words. I nodded my head going to the library like she said. My father hated waiting for anything.

 

 

“I’m here, father.” I greeted as I opened the door after knocking it. I headed for the desk where my father was sitting with his eyes locking to the window.

“Where have you been all day?” He asked not showing any emotions.

“Just wandering somewhere.” I answered shortly not wanting to linger this conversation anymore. I really didn’t know why I was his son but he always acted to me so coldly and without any love and care. 

“Don’t ever do that again. Don’t do anything without my permission.” He demanded harshly. He didn’t even ask where I was going. He was such a heartless father, to be honest. Every time we talked to each other, the situation became really awkward.

“I have my freedom too.” I retorted. Even a kid had to fight for his right, I thought.

“Don’t talk about freedom to me. From now on, you can only stay in this house, not going anywhere.” He said looking straight into my eyes with his strict look. Through his voice, I knew that he had already now about what I had been doing, actually he always did, and this time he wasn’t kidding about his demand to me.

“Now leave. Stay in your room and be a good son.” He ended the conversation looking back to the window.

 

 

Reaching my room, I threw myself on the comfortable bed. The talk with my father annoyed me a lot. I’d prefer the moment I spent with that stranger much more. Actually the story I told that boy wasn’t true. I didn’t get lost naturally. In the morning, I took advantage of the situation that all the house was busy doing their own works except for me. Sneaking out of the house, I thought I could get out of that hell FOREVER. My life in that place !

 

But the fact always hurt a lot…

 

Wandering on the streets, enjoying the pure air and the feeling of freedom and watching people living their lives… Doing all those things ALONE was always my desire. But those small happiness seemed too far from me. Although the feeling of having my dream come true was pretty strange and new and stunning to me, I loved it very much.

 

The sunshine at this time of the day seemed to be quite dazzling…

The branches of the trees slightly danced with the gentle breezes…

On the sidewalk, there were some kids at my age playing tag excitedly…

Some people came out from some restaurants after finishing their lunches…

Although the streets were a little deserted, it still looked so lively to me…

 

Beyond my expectation, the feeling didn’t last long. I suddenly realized that how I could live alone without any money and strength. I was too young and useless to stand on my own feet. Although that house didn’t give me a life like I wanted but they never left me hungry or in danger. Fear, hunger and loneliness gradually swallowed my body and my soul.

 

“What should I do now?” I wondered nervously almost crying out.

“Should I live my life as a homeless child?” That thought scared me.

“Or should I go back home?” Tears started to form in my eyes. This was not only what I didn’t want most, but also the only choice I had.

 

I had to get “home” and live in the house that was not different from a prison much again. Walking through that door again by myself was so fearful. I really didn’t want to do it!

 

“Anyone here is willing to help me?” I screamed in my mind.

 

I suddenly caught sight of a boy that was smiling tenderly while helping an old grandma carry her bags to her house. That was such a beautiful scene to warm someone’s heart. An idea popped in my head.

 

“Why don’t I ask him to walk me home? He seems to be a nice person.”

 

Hesitating a little, I watched him walking away slowly. His firm seem-to-reliable back gradually blurred in my view. Not wanting to lose such a chance, I ran to him and did what I thought. I had to use my best persuasive look, including tears because they were available then.

 

Easier than I expected, he agreed to help me. Naturally he was so warm-hearted that he walked me home and shared his lunch with me. I felt a bit guilty when telling lies to him. Not only the fact that I got lost but also the fact that I couldn’t probably find the way home was a lie. I could walk directly to my home. But the desire to be with him made me become so selfish. I just wanted to cling onto his hands and feel his warmth. I hated myself for that. Ignoring everything, the feeling to have him by my side was just so right and safe and warm that I had never had since the day I was born in this house.

 

Hearing “goodbye” from him was so heartbreaking. I still hadn’t introduced myself and asked his name. What a pity! Why did he had to leave so soon? Watching him disappear from my view made me feel so depressed. I had already missed him and needed him … Because when he had totally gone, I had to deal with my terrible life again on my own.

 

Just as I thought, since then, I had been staying in my room as if I would had just took a life imprisonment…

 

Would I be able to live this life forever? Could I have another chance to meet him and ask for his help again? Should I let it be decided by destiny? Or should I search it myself because I had read a book that said your fate was in your hands?

 

 

A/N: I HAVE JUST ADDED THIS CHAPTER!

HOPE YOU ENJOY <333333