chapter 9 Ripples

Vendetta

The peaceful life Of Jong Kook was disturbed by That Man. Just like a pebble thrown in a calm pond. The big step taken by him had set ripples in Jong kook's life.

(At Song Ji Hyo's Hotel)

1st ripple____________

The hotel were Ji hyo stayed was in an uproar. People were murmuring and passing by not knowing for the cause of the staffs restlessness. The manager of the hotel along with his staff was anxiously trying to search for a missing person. They were holed up in the surviellance room, examinig the cctv footage for clues of Miss Song Ji Hyo. Her Manager was also at his tips to locate his Artist. They sifted through the footage of the corridor outside her room at the time stamp when her manager left. The footage clearly should him leaving to get her coffee. But throughtout the entire night till this moment i.e. 3:30 a.m. there was no sign of Ji hyo leaving her room or anybody entering her room. Defeated at the result, her Manager left the room. Not knowing what to do next and uneasiness overcoming his senses he picked up his phone and called the first no. in his call logs 'Kim Jong Kook'.

2nd ripple____________

The phone kept ringing, but no one picked. he dialed again and again till he got frustated when someone cut his call. "How dare he? He knew something was going to happen. He informed me about the possibility of a stalker. And when it is time to be of real use, he isnt answering my call." angry by the unresponsiveness, he decide to call the police. It was enough mistake that he left Ji hyo alone, not informing the police would be a more grave mistake. The police were quick to their feet. They asked him to come over, file a report, so they can legally take their steps. A stalker is involved. A major actor is missing. A huge movie's future is fated. Things need to be done quicker..

3rd ripple______________

The disappearance of Song Ji Hyo spread like wild fire. The remote place xxxxxxx, where the movie was shot was now crowding with news reporters. The new day brought brightness, but did not bring any sunshine. It just brought a dreadful news about Song Ji hyo. Kwang soo, Haha, Gary, Jaesuk, Sukjin, Sechan, Somin and all her colleagues that has ever worked with her found out about the news. They were utterly shocked and almost hesitant to accept the truth. Kwang soo who treasures Ji hyo and his relationship as true siblinghood didn't believe it. "No, this is a rumour. She is just away for her movie shoot. Aish....these people really have no shame in spreading rumours." Kwang soo spoke with disbelief. Haha upon hearing his dongsaengs words realized it must be hard for him. "No Kwang soo it is true. We shouldn't close our eyes and ears and think this is all fake. She might be really missing, hurt, scared, we need to do something. She might even be at her friends' place where she might have gone without informing. Who knows?" Haha said wishing his last staement to be true..

"Jong Kook hyung, where is he?" asked Kwang soo. "Does he know about this?"

"I really don't know. He hasn't called me as of late and even now when I called it said he was out of coverage." Haha informed kwang soo.

4th ripple_______________

The PDs of Running man decided to officially put their show on a break. They declared this through their official website and also asked fans to report if they find any whereabouts of Ji Hyo.

The whole Korean entertainment industry was in a buzz. A huge actress, variety veteran and entertainer was missing and one particular person was also absent from the view of the public.


Kim Jong Kook opened his eyes to a stabbing pain in his head. He clutched his head with both his hands. The excruciating pain didn't seem to go away. He stirred on the cot, on which he lay. It was missing its mattress and the criss-cross steel strings was utterly uncomfortable. Add to it the injuries he suffered from the collision last night. The injuries were now bandaged up, but it was a poor attempt and could fall off at any moment. He winced in pain, mustering up his strength and sat up. He examined the room, it was an old room, probably a part of a village house. The windows were wide and had bars, like the ones in a prison. The room wasn't furnished at all, except for the cot and a table. Laying eyes on his mobile, he stood to pick it up. He stumbled on his way to the table, but sighed when he saw his mobile. It was shattered and he could swear he heard his mobile's ringtone. 

Among the couple of things on the table he saw another phone which was perfectly fine. He recognized the mobile. It wasn't his, but was thrown by the guy who hit his car. He picked up that mobile and frantically tapped its screen and pressed its power button. "Ji Hyo" he mumbled under his breath, "wait for me".

"Seems like you are fine." a stranger walked in the room. He was shabbily dressed. He had an overgrown beard. His hair weren't combed. He had worn out jeans and his walk was awkward. He limped as he moved towards Jong Kook. "It was a terrible accident, you were in. I wasn't going to pick you up. But I had mercy on you." The man spoke as if he was proud over his act. "I am Se hoon. I saved you."


(Flashback to that night)

Se hoon drove his old pickup. He was out to go and steal some stuff on which he could get his hands. What he wasn't expecting was the scene of a crumbled car, with possible fatalties in it. He went closer to the spot and stepped down from his pickup. He saw an unconcious Jong Kook and checked his vitals. "Ahh... he is still alive. Hang in there buddy. Someone will surely help you. I am here just to take these." He went around the car and took his phones, also picking up the mobile of the man. He frisked Jong Kook and took out his wallet. Grinning with satisfaction as he saw a bunch of green notes. "Please...." Jong kook barely voiced his plea before he drifted in slumber again.

Se hoon heard Jong Kook and he couldn't leave him like that. Though he may be selfish but he was not heartless. He opened the door and pulled Jong kook out of his car and dragged him to his pick up. "This is your lucky day, that I am helping you. Well not really lucky." he scoffed. "Lets get you to a safe place." and he drove away to the place they are now. A small village on the outskirts of xxxxxx, (outskirts of the same place where Ji hyo was shooting her movie).


"Thank you for saving me." Jong Kook immediately showed his gratitude. "But I need to go right now. Someone needs me." He walked out of the small room and heade to the main door. He was almost out of the house when his head injury sent a searing pain. Groaning in pain, he stopped in his tracks. "can you wait for a while? My Daughter will be here any second. She is a doctor and I called her over. Let her tend to your injuries. Those joke of bandages won't even last another hour." Se hoon spoke with concern laced in his voice.

Realizing it is futile to go out on low energy, he gave up and took a seat. "Could you get me a charger, this mobile is switched off, maybe due to low battery." Jong kook flashed the mobile he was holding. "Sure" Se hoon stood and brought a charger. "Sorry about the other mobile, it kept ringing and was really annoying. And i slammed it hard in anger.....I am sorry for that." he confessed guiltily.

"Who was calling? How many times did it ring for you to lose your cool?" Jong Kook asked a bit annoyed himself. "It was by someone 'Dong Hoonie' and I am a theif i couldn't compromise myself with picking up the call. I avoided picking it up, but he just didn't gave up and relentlessly kept calling. And it was a lot, I mean a LOT of times." He said in an exaggerated tone.

Jong Kook sat with his head bowed low, again lost in thoughts. His enemy was out to get him. He not only attacked Haha, but also threatened to hurt Ji hyo. 'He is very bold to create an accident. Surely this will heat up the media. What is this fool doing?' Thought Jong Kook.

"Where is he?" a female voice drew Jong Kook out of his thoughts. "Wow, its good I came prepared. You look terrible" she said.


Chul Min sat in his room watching all the news about Ji hyo's disappearance. He smirked upon knowing that no one bothered to ask about Jong Kook's whereabouts. "See no one cares about you, Jong Kook. You just care about others, worry about others, meddle in the life of others. But how many bother to look out for you? None. Pathetic that's what you are." He spoke out loud, trying to make Ji Hyo listen his words. She was still bound to the chair and she couldn't do anything. Tears escaped her eyes over the things that the man spoke. Some reporters were already making rumours of her fleeing from the country with her lover, disgracing her family. Some said she was indebted and so she left her family. She couldn't care less about the rumours and fake news. All she was bothered about was her 'Oppa'.

 

 



Finally updated, because I was bored of studies. I know the story might be not that good, but do keep on giving advices, I will try to improve my work.