chapter 11 Retaliation

Vendetta

I am sorry for the late update. I really struggled to write a better chapter. Hope you guys like this one. 

___________________________________________________


Muffled voice, muffled words, muffled cries. That was all Ji hyo could do at that moment. She could only watch her kidnapper enjoy their turmoil. She's been tied up since she came to her senses. But now she cant even speak up because of the gag on . As soon as Chul Min hang up his call, Ji hyo screamed with all her might, struggling against the cloth, straining till her vocal cords hurt like they have never before. ‘Stop it. Let me go!’ was all she wanted to say. Chul Min cast a glance towards ji hyo with his stupid grin and walked away. Ji hyo slouched in the chair, hopeless. 


There was a pin drop silence in the room. She could hear only a faint rush of water. The room was lit dimly with furniture hidden in the darkness. Ji hyo turned her neck, looking either side for a weapon, to free herself from the ties. To her dismay she found none. So began her relentless struggle against the chair only to hurt her frail hands more. Defeated once again!

_______________________________


Jong Kook was dazed after Chul Min's call. He had halted his car at the side of the road to come up with a way in finding his Ji Hyo. He couldn’t find Chul Min because he knew nothing about him. He was in the past and should have stayed that way. Jong Kook slammed his fists hard against the steering wheel, his frustration at his inability building up. The result, a jolt of pain running up his arms.


“Think, think. There must be a way to make things right.” Jong Kook spoke to himself. “He used to live in Insa dong, does he still live there?” Jong kook picked up his phone and googled Chul Min’s name, sure something would pop up. Luckily Jong Kook found a news article which stated how Chul Min lost all his fortune and was left with only a house in Namiseom to his name. 


'What are the odds, he has taken jihyo there? Should I follow my hunch and go there? It isn’t that far from here.’ Jong kook thought. Revving the engine, he drove off to his new destination, ‘Namiseom'. 

____________________________________


Meanwhile, Ji hyo was asleep on the chair due to exhaustion. Chul Min entered the room and slammed something on a table top. The sound woke Ji Hyo from her slumber.
“Here, eat this”, he said pointing to the food he had brought. It was some kind of soup and rice. He walked behind Ji Hyo and untied gag and loosened one arm. “Don’t try to do anything smart. You won’t even make it to the door.” 


Ji Hyo glared back at her perpetrator. Hesitantly she took the spoon and started eating the food. Much to her astonishment it was quiet tasty and she found herself devouring it quickly. She had been hungry since that night when she was craving her coffee. The reminder of her captivity halted her hand. She couldn’t take another spoonful and broke down in tears. 


“Why don’t you let me go? Whatever it is let me do it right.”


“How many times should I say this, this is not your mistake, it is your oppa’s wrongdoing. He messed with me. And the only way to mess up his life is to hurt the one he loves. You.” Chul Min spoke while looking in Ji Hyo's eyes. He stepped back and turned away from Ji Hyo and continued, “He must be scratching his head, thinking where I am, or what I want, or what I am doing with you?” he walked away from Ji Hyo his back still facing her. “I am going to send him to a place which is a trap. I will hold him there and torture him, continuously. He will be walking to his grave.” 


As he spoke, Ji hyo quickly took the opportunity to remove her arms and legs from the rope ties and swiftly but quietly ran towards the door. It was the sound of the door that made Chul Min turn around much to his annoyance locked in the same room by Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo quickly locked up the room and stopped to examine any exit point. As she looked around she saw a pool next to the room she was held in. This would explain the sound of water she heard. It was a big house with plenty of furniture and expensive decorations. She was startled by the loud bang on the door.


“You can’t get out of this house. The doors won’t open without my fingerprint” said Chul Min. He continued on banging the door, harder and harder. Ji hyo was confused, she tried to find an opening, but to no avail and then one door flung open. Alas, it was of the room Chul Min was locked in. “Stop. Don’t come near me”, said Ji Hyo, inching away as he walked towards her.


“I told you not to do anything foolish. Look what you have done now. You have made me angry.” He ran towards her trying to hold her, but Ji Hyo fled from the room. She ran towards the kitchen and grabbed a knife that was left unattended on the table. 


“Let me go now”, she demanded.

______________________________________


 Jong Kook on the other hand was speeding his way to Chul Min's place in Namiseom. He entered the town and asked a passerby for exact directions to the address he obtained from the news article. “Please let this be right” wished Jong Kook. 


Jong kook finally reached the house as he stopped his car in drive way, he could hear furniture crashing and smashing and someone screaming. “Ji Hyo” screamed Jong Kook as he ran towards the entrance door. It won’t open. He ran around the house trying to find any other door. Unable to find another door, Jong kook used a block of brick to break the window pane, and entered through it. What he saw stopped his breath.


“No” was all he could murmur

___________________________________________________

So cliffhanger! Only a couple of chapters remain and story will be over. Brace yourselves cause bad mongji is going to show up in next chapter and she is no weakling!

P.s. Eid Mubarak to all readers.