chapter 12 Finale

Vendetta

Long chapter ahead. A lit bit of blood and violence. So proceed with caution.

___________________________________________________

Jong kook used a block of brick to break the window pane, and entered through it. What he saw stopped his breath.
“No” was all he could murmur.


Ji Hyo was in the kitchen with a knife in her hand. It was held tight in her grisp. Chul Min walked ever so slowly towards her. “Stop, I will hurt you if you come any closer to me.” Ignoring her words, Chul Min walked towards Ji Hyo. One step at a time.

 
“Have you seen yourself? You can’t hurt a bee, and you will hurt me?” He mocked Ji hyo.


As he was only a couple steps away from her, Ji Hyo slashed the knife in the air, hoping to injure him. She missed him entirely. Another try. She again slashed the knife, but now Chul Min quickly grabbed her hand. His vice like grip was hurting her. He tightened his grip and slowly and painfully twisted her wrist. The pain was making it hard for Ji Hyo to hold on to the knife any more longer, and so it dropped.


As Chul Min's eyes fell to the ground at the dropped knife, he bent to pick it up. Ji Hyo quickly kneed him in his face. The blow was strong and hard and made sure he got a broken nose.


“You b....” before he could complete his word, Ji hyo punched him hard in his face again. A stomp on his feet, a knee to his groin, followed by a chop to his neck. The flurry of her actions got him off guard, as he didn't expect her to be a fighter.


However those were not enough to get rid of him. Even after her best defence tactic, her perpetrator was still standing in front of her, though he seemed a bit shaken. Ji Hyo pushed him hard from her way and ran out of the kitchen, towards the main door of the house. Chul min stumbled across the kitchen and slipped on the floor in an embarrassing manner, which if Ji Hyo had seen would surely crack into laughter. Muttering curses in his breath, he stood up, picking the knife on his way.


“Dearie, dearie  Ji Hyo, you really do live up to your nick name, ‘Bad Mongji'. Well you caught me off-guard, but how about now?” He held the knife up and grazed his finger against it. A thin line of blood emerging from his finger. “I will make this a lot less painful for you. Or maybe not.” He said and walked towards Ji Hyo.


Ji hyo saw him walking towards her and she couldn’t just let herself be trapped between him and the door, so before he could get any more closer, she swung the vase nearby at him. He swiftly dodged it, it crashed in the background. She tried running away from him, but he tripped her on the rug, that was underneath her. She fell into a heap, pain coursing up her leg. 


Chul Min stepped on her leg, making her yelp in pain. Then he sat down and yanked Ji Hyo's head back, and pressed the knife to her neck. Ji Hyo instead of pleading gave him a fierce look, a gaze filled with anger. Though she was shaking because of fear and the pain, she wasn’t going to plead to him. 


“What’s this? No begging for mercy. You think I will slit your throat and end this for you. No....”
Ji Hyo tried to shift his weight from her, her attempt making his garbage words stop midway. They both struggled on the floor, Chul Min knocking down some stuff next to him. The glass shattering and injuring his shoulder. And then in a short moment of mistake, the knife pierced through the flesh. A dark red stain spreading across the clothes and Ji Hyo screaming out loud.


It was at this moment when Jong Kook broke through the window to find the two of them in a tangled mess on the floor. He could see the blood on Ji Hyo's top and all he could say was “No”.
He rushed towards them and yanked Chul Min's body away from Ji Hyo's. Ji hyo quickly hugged the man in front of her. His familiar frame warming her up.


“Oppa, you found me.” Ji hyo said breathless. 
Shocked to hear her relatively calmer but hoarse voice, Jong kook glanced back and saw, Chul Min with a knife stuck in his chest. His hand still gripping its hilt. His limp head a sign of no life in him.


“Are you injured? Where did he hurt you?” He asked as he picked Ji hyo up in his arms, though his injuries hurt him. He winced quietly and walked towards the broken window, his make shift entrance door.


Ji hyo steel reeling from what just happened, simply nodded her head, saying no. But her body was a clear indication of exhaustion and she didn’t mind being carried by her oppa. Jong kook opened the pickup car's door and seated Ji hyo. 


“Ji hyo ya I’m sorry. This is all because of me. He hurt you, because of me. I don’t even know what I would have done if something happened to you.”


“Nothing has happened to me, oppa. I am a tough nut.” Ji hyo said with a small smile on her lips.
“Oppa, let’s just go home.” ji hyo spoke, her words sounding like a plea. “Yes. But let me first handle this mess.” He straightened up and removed the mobile send by Chul Min. 


“I’ll call the police. You wait hear. You don’t need to see him again.” Said Jong Kook as he dialled the number and spoke, sharing details of the incident.


Jong kook didn’t go inside to check up on his vitals, making sure if he is gone for sure. He didn’t wanted to risk letting him survive this attack. So he slipped into the driver’s seat and closed the door. 


“Let’s wait for the police to arrive.” He looked at Ji hyo who was staring at her hands rested in her lap, a faint shade of red smeared on her fingers and palm. He leaned towards her to hold her hands, his fingers caressing her wrist bruises softly and brought them closer to his chest. 


Ji hyo looked up at him. His face full of worry, her mind collapsing to the fact that she killed someone. She started shivering. “Oppa”, her voice barely audible, “what have I done?” Jong kook realized that Ji hyo was thinking about Chul Min


“He was a bad man Ji Hyo. And it was all in self defence. Dont think about it. He deserved it. If you hadn’t done it, I would have. I would have killed him myself, if you hadn’t.” Jong kook spoke softly.


 “You feel this. This beating heart.” He pressed her palms to his chest. “It is beating for you. I don’t know how I will ever make up to you. I never thought my shortcomings in the past would pose a danger to you. I always thought he had left my life for good. Guess I was wrong. ” Jong kook confessed.


Ji hyo looked in Jong kook's eyes. Both shared some unspoken words, enough to convey that this incident won’t drive them apart, enough to convince each other they are alright, enough to express that they may have sustained injuries but their hearts are still intact just because they have seen each other safe right next to each other. They waited in silence for the police to arrive. Ji hyo resting her head on jong kook's shoulder and falling asleep, their hands still intertwined. 


Jong Kook gazed at her sleeping face, and he couldn’t avoid the obvious signs of hurt, exhaustion and trauma that she had suffered. She was putting on a brave, tough act, smiling for him, for now. But Jong kook vowed in that silence, that he will help her even if she doesn’t asks for it. He will protect her from all the on coming results of the incident.

 
The police arrived and the situation was handled in proper procedure. Ji hyo gave her statement explaining when he abducted her and what happened in the end. The paramedics checked up on her and gave her certain medicine for her ankle sprain. Her wrists bruised from the rope ties were bandaged. After completing all the formalities at the police station, Jong kook and Ji hyo were dropped to there home in Seoul.


Back in Seoul they were greeted by Haha, Kwang soo, other members, family and friends. Jong kook had insisted on staying together and so Ji hyo was staying in an apartment next to Jong kook's. Kwang soo gave company to Ji hyo when acquaintances came to meet her. Haha stayed by his hyung's side when friends came to check up on him.

When people stopped coming, Ji hyo and Kwang soo came over Jong kook’s place for sleeping at night. As All four were gathered together, Jong kook took this opportunity to confess to them about his past and how these few months he had been feeling anxious. He confessed that the attack on Haha was arranged by Chul Min just to antagonize him, about the attempt on kwang soo and his mistake of not informing the police because of Chul Min's threat. The four of them fell into a tense  silence, but Haha broke it by saying, “We are still here”.
“Safe”