chapter 10 His savior

Vendetta


“Where is he?” A female voice drew Jong Kook out of his thoughts. “Wow it is good I came prepared, you look terrible” she said. Se hoon rushed to greet the lady who had just entered the house. “Jimin ah, you are here!” Huging the lady who had her hands full with a box, he turned towards Jong Kook and pointed out “He needs your help. I did as much as i could. He is in a hurry, so be quick.” 


Jong Kook shifted in his seat with the two pair of eyes focused at him. “Ah, you are his daughter. I’m glad to see you,” He forced a smile on his face. “let’s get this done.”


Jimin came over Jong Kook's side and examined his injuries. She checked his head and noted it needed stitches. She examined his hand if it was broken or a fracture. But luckily no bones were broken, but it sure was swollen. The cuts on his arms also needed stitches. “Your injuries need to be stitched. I'm going to have to sedate you....”


“No you are not” Jong Kook interrupted her. “I can bear the pain.”


Startled by his words she cast a glance at her father. Se hoon nodded his head , indicating to listen to the man and do as he wishes. Not wasting another moment she removed her medical instruments and prepped them.


She said “This is going to hurt”, and pierced the needle in his arm wound. The action hurt more than a needle prick would. Jong Kook pressed his lips and bear the pain. With each succeeding pierce/stitch, Jong Kook bit down on his lips harder. He heaved a sigh of relief thinking it is over.


“I’m not done yet”, Jimin interrupted his silent celebration. “Your head is next.”
With that she removed another needle from its pack and started stitching his wound. She was meticulous and steady enough to make sure she doesn’t hurt him more. Jong kook on the other hand was doing much good. His head was hurting since he woke up and the stitching was making it even more painful. He winced when Jimin was midway through her stitches. 


“You shouldn’t be stubborn. Anaesthetic would have made this a lot more bearable.” She spoke as she continued with her work. 


The pain was unbearable and Jong Kook was on the verge of passing out. “Hey man, don’t pass out. She is almost done.” Said Se hoon who had been watching silently the whole time.


“Done.” Jimin stood up after finishing the stitches and bandaging his wounds. 


“Ah....” was all Jong Kook could say. He was beaded with sweat and shivering. His eyes looked glazed and he wasn’t forming any coherent words.
“He has fever, Dad. Does he know what has happened?”
“No. He was headed out when I stopped him and as I was talking about you, you showed up.”
The duo, father and daughter stared at the man who now was slumped on the cot. Jimin brought some sheets and lay them on him to make him comfortable.


It would have been barely an hour, when Jong kook woke up. This time he was aware of his surrounding and his movements weren’t sudden. He stood up, put on his shirt, took the mobile that was charging and walked out of the room. “Thank you, sir and you” he said to the duo. “I should get going.”


“Wait, you need to know something. It’s about Song Ji Hyo shi.” Her name halted him in his tracks. “What?”
“It is all over the news that she has disappeared without telling anyone. Nobody knows where she is. There hasn’t been any call for ransom. So rumours are running wild. Putting two and two together I can guess your accident and her disappearance is related.”


Jong Kook mulled over her words in his mind. ‘Hasn’t called for ransom? Why is he doing this. What should I do?’ Jong Kook didn’t look at her and neither tried to reason with her. “Don’t tell about me to anyone. It will put me in more difficulties.”


“Wait a minute. Did she really run away with You. But you ended up in an accident. So where is she? Is she okay?” Jimin revealed what she really thought about the situation. Jong Kook face palmed mentally and said “That’s not true. I didn’t even know Ji hyo was missing.” He sounded believable. Sure he knew about the threat and yes he was rushing to her movie set, but she has disappeared was not known to him, though he knew that it would happen, sooner or later. 


“I am leaving. Thanks for the help.” He said and rushed out grabbing Se hoon's pickup car keys without them detecting. It was the sound of the vehicle that made them realise of the thievery.


Jong Kook sped off and the mobile that he received from the crash. As soon as he opened the mobile, he received a video. In the video he saw Ji Hyo bound to a chair, unconcious and Chul Min walked towards her with a knife in his hand. He spoke “Do as I say or else your Ji Hyo will come to you in pieces.” He taunted. “Call back at this number. I won’t wait for long. In 24 hours if I don’t get your call, it would mean you don’t want or care about Ji Hyo and I will treat her the way, you should have been treated your whole life. Give her a fate which you should have received a long time ago. Death!”


With those words the video ended and Jong Kook stopped the car abruptly. He looked at the time the video was sent and realized that it was 12 hours ago. He quickly called at the number and waited for Chul Min to pick up. “Pick up you jerk” he shouted, anxious to be answered.


“Hello Jong kook ah, took you a while to call back.” Said Chul Min.


“Well an accident tends to make one busy. Doesn’t it?” Jong Kook said sarcastically.


“Haha, true.” Chul Min fake laughed. 


“Where is Ji hyo?”


“Right next to me. Sleeping peacefully.” Chul min said as he caressed Ji Hyo's hair. His touch startled Ji hyo and she woke up. Much to her chagrin, she was still bound to the chair and was now covered with a gag. She muffled against the cloth. “Oh she is awake.” Ji hyo realising it is Jong Kook tried screaming. 


“Ji hyo are you alright.” Jong kook asked getting impatient with each passing moment. He could hear her muffled voice. “What do you want? Get to the point will you.”


“Ok okay. Lets get this thing started. I have been waiting for so long.” Said Chul Min. Ji Hyo was scared, though unhurt/unharmed but scared nonetheless.