Soo-hyuk's Decision

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So you want to use a decoy?” Hoseok asked Gaelin as they ate dinner at the Lee Household that evening. “I’m guessing an Oracle operative?” Gaelin was telling them of the newly hatched plan to save Lee Sung-kyung’s sister. Yoongi and Hosoek had been called especially for this reason.

“It was Kai’s idea and a very good one,” Gaelin told the table. Kai smiled under his mother’s praise.

“Isn’t this a little cloak and dagger?” Jungkook protested, “I know Oracle operatives are well trained but what if it goes wrong and the girl gets hurt?”

“I agree with Jungkook ssi.” Yoongi agreed, “It’s a risk.”

“Perhaps oppa has another idea?” Gaelin was firm.

“That I do not,” Yoongi conceded, “So if this plan is to go ahead what will it entail?”

Gaelin turned to Ren, who she’d asked to attend dinner that evening, “Well we will need to get in contact with the Madame and arrange for an exchange time and place.”

“We know it won’t be that easy.” Sehun cautioned, “This Madame is cunning and she will expect something like this.”

“Probably,” Ren agreed with her heir, “But we cannot risk Lee Sung-kyung’s life.”

“I think she would think differently.” Arran murmured, “It is her sister after all. Perhaps you guys should let her in on the plan.”

“Absolutely not.” Kai glared at his sister.

Aish if only Kai knew how much that girl was wavering. Arran blew out an exasperated breath. 10 minutes with Lee Sung-kyung this afternoon and she had sensed the open contempt. “I will go with her then.”

“Out of the question!” Lee Soo-hyuk spoke for the first time. “I have a couple of things to say on this matter.” They were silent, “First, once again you have all been running around keeping secrets and doing all sorts of nonsense that has landed us in a very compromising position. Second, who the hell is this girl that has everyone so riled up? Since when do we put the well-being of this consortium second? If anything is to be done then I want this girl in front of me tonight and she will make her case.”

“Darling really must we take it this far?” Gaelin asked

“Yes, we must.” Soo-hyuk slammed his hand on the table, “I trust you all too much it seems. How could you three and you,” he glared at the four House Masters also seated at the table, “Let our children go this far?”

“But appa I can manage it. You know I have been trained in combat since I was a little girl…”

“To me, you will always be a little girl,” Soo-hyuk told his daughter, “Do you honestly think I will agree to any plan that puts you in danger?”

“Hyung calm down.” Taehyung tried to ease the tense atmosphere. Though he didn’t blame Lee Soo-hyuk. He was right. They were always running off and causing all sorts of problems.

“Don’t I look calm to you?” Soo-hyuk snapped and turned to the Song House Master, “Shouldn’t you be getting that girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter