Drinks for Thought

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi all, I want to thank you all for reading and subbing. I am finally starting to update again. Just to let readers know that I deleted a chapter called Burn and I am adding more context and hopefully more excitement. I hope you will enjoy and continue to support this story. It really does mean a lot to me, especially cause it is a sequel and the original characters are special to me as well. 

“What a night!” Namjoon exclaimed as he entered the kitchen. They had just returned from the Woo Estate dinner and he was drained. He had spent the entire night making sure that no one stepped out of line. Soo-hyuk had told him to keep an eye on the children. Luckily nothing had happened, but he wondered what sort of impact this had on their young impressionable minds.

“How was it?” Tanaka went to the fridge and fetched a bottle of soju and two shot glasses. They went outside to the kitchen garden and sat at the wrought iron table. “How are those two after all these years?” he had to admit that he was interested. He would see them after the funeral because Gaelin has asked him to supervise the proceedings. Still, he was keen to hear about tonight.

Namjoon was thoughtful as he lifted the tot to his lips and downed the fiery white liquid. “Older, but still strong. They still have the same look in their eyes. You know…like they want more…” he shrugged heavily.  

“So the banishment did nothing to change them?” Tanaka felt worried. He filled their glasses again. “How was Woo Minjae around the President?”

Namjoon couldn’t conceal his contempt, “He couldn’t take his eyes off Gaelin.” Tanaka frowned, “But what do we expect? He was always in love with Song Gaelin and she looks just as good as she did when he last saw her. Now, she has more power, more prestige, you know what I mean.”

“What did Lee Soo-hyuk say about that?”

“What should I have said?” Soo-hyuk suddenly whispered close to Tanaka’s ear. The butler was so trained, that he managed to stay composed, even after being caught gossiping. They started to stand but Soo-hyuk motioned for them to sit. “Let’s have a drink.” Hoseok appeared at the kitchen door carrying two more bottles of soju. Julian followed his boss outside and lit a cigarette as he sat at the table.

“I thought you guys were trying to quit?” Yoongi admonished as he also came outside with Luca.

“Can we leave the judgement at the door?” Soo-hyuk sighed heavily as Tanaka poured them all a shot and they clinked glasses before drinking. “What a night.” He looked at his butler, “you will see tomorrow.”

“Why? Are you wondering what they’re like now?” Yoongi asked the butler. “Tell him,” he asked Luca.

The Min House Master smirked and lifted his glass to his lips, “I need a couple more of these.”

“Here you all are,” Taehyung came outside carrying a bottle of whiskey, “I got this as a birthday present last year.” Jungkook was having tea with Gaelin, but he was too wired up to rest or sleep. 

“Well, this is a good time as any to open it.” Hoseok held out his hand and took the bottle from Taehyung and inspected it. “Your fake friends have genuine taste.” He couldn’t help but tease. Taehyung ignored him.

“He’s just jealous that you have other people besides him.” Yoongi laughed as Hoseok opened the bottle and poured shots for them.

“If I’m honest…” Luca began but shook his head and decided to keep quiet.

“No, go on.” Soo-hyuk said, “I’m interested in what you guys think about the situation.”

“Yeah, you’re our lawyers after all. It’s your job to advise us.” Hoseok leaned back in his chair and took a sip of whiskey. “Nice,” he complimented and Taehyung smiled pleased.

“Well, they don’t seem to have changed. I watched them for pretty much the entire evening and what I saw was that they were watching you.”

Everyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter