February

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--

Early February

Alex is walking with her close friend Leah Nelson to their next class when she sees Jimin again. It's been four days since she's seen or spoken to him last, and she shouldn't feel like it's been ages but she can't help it. They both stop in their tracks upon seeing in each other head on. As per usual he's smirking at her, and a weird thrill of excitement courses through her that she can't tell if she likes or not.

"Hey Al. Why does it feel like I haven't seen you in forever?" Alex feels relieved that she's not the only one that felt this was the case, but he doesn't have to know that.

"It's only been a few days, Jimin," She replies with a roll of her eyes, but she only does it so she doesn't end up grinning like an idiot. 

"Really?" He let's out a small laugh "Guess it feels longer because it's you we're talking about here," He ends his sentence with a subtle bite of his lip and Alex can't help it this time. She giggles.

Leah stares at Alex with wide eyes, silently wondering if the girl standing next to her really is her friend or an impostor. The same can be said for Jimin's friend with the mint green hair standing next to him. Yoongi is looking back and forth between the two with a raised eyebrow and an expression mixed between confused and suspicious on his face.

By the time it's bordering on thirty seconds of just Jimin and Alex staring at each other, Yoongi let's out an awkward cough, bringing them back into reality.

"Well uh...I guess I'll see you later?" Jimin tries his best to not sound so hopeful but it's safe to say he fails.

"Maybe," Alex says with shrug and a slight quirk of her lips. The two boys and girls separate and Alex and Jimin are quickly bombarded by their respective friends with questions on 'what the heck was that?' and 'when did this happen'.

They both manage to answer without giving real answers, because they're not even sure what is going on if they're honest with themselves.

--

Mid February

Valentine's Day.

Although it's meant to be a happy sort of occasion, Alex always sees it as nothing but a hot mess.

She's angry. She doesn't really have the slightest idea why, but all she can feel is rage as she sits on one of the isolated benches that's just outside the 'Sciences' building of her campus. She sets her eyes forward, glaring at anyone who happens to walk past. Her brown eyes are probably now able to burn holes through human skin.

Her anger soon rises once she sees a much loved up couple standing a few feet away from her, practically each other's faces off in the broad day light. Honestly, don't people have any courtesy anymore? It doesn't help to defuse her anger when the boy decides to whisper sweet nothings into the girls ear. Whisper being an understatement. She gawks at them, disgusted, and crosses her arms.

"Honestly, do you mind, like at all? Freshman walk through this part of campus too you know." From Alex's outburst obviously directed at them, the couple spring apart with astonished faces. She sighs angrily and gets up from the bench, not forgetting to glower at them as she walks passed.

She really doesn't understand why she's feeling so bitter. She's knows it's Valentine's Day and she knows she's alone, and not that the sort of sight wouldn't annoy her usually but she was even considering pushing them apart.

"Ugh, damnit." She mutters to herself, arms still folded. She walks onward, begrudgingly, trying to find somewhere she can calm down. She eventually decides on a spot near the water fountains and she sits down after propping her knees to her chest with a sigh. She watches the bustle of students walking around and laughing in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter