July

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just a heads up. I'm British so I don't have much knowledge about the 4th July LOL. This story is set in America though so if things sound odd then my bad haha.

--

Early July

"Honestly? I'm not sure if I'm going," Alex says as she stares at the T.V in front of her, her phone held up to her ear. Summer is now in full swing and her second year of college is finally over.

"What? Alex, don't be lame! You have to go," Leah pleads. Alex let's out a sigh.

"I just don't feel like seeing everybody drunk or high on today of all days," She can practically feel Leah's frustration through the phone before she even speaks again.

"If you're really considering missing another event - and not just any event this time but the 4th July bash - because of that  who isn't even worth your thoughts, then I'm going to come over there and drag you outside myself," Alex rolls her eyes at Leah's threat but the girl isn't wrong. She doesn't want to leave her apartment for that exact reason.

The '' Leah is referring to being none other than Park Jimin.

Flashback to Late June

With a frown, Alex taps her foot anxiously, her eyes staring aimlessly at her phone in her hand. She breathes out a sigh and bites her lip before glancing at the boy with the perfectly styled jet black hair and shiny brown eyes whose just across the room from her; the boy that she should be mad at.

It's been a two weeks; a whole damn two weeks since that kissed her and he's had yet to mention anything about it. In fact he's not saying a word to her at all and it feels like he's decided to silently kick her out of his life. Why hasn't he said anything about it? At this point they're practically tip toeing around each other, and she doesn't like this awkwardness that seems to have formed between them. He's calm, cool and collected around everyone else but when it comes to her, he can't even look her directly in the eye!

...Does he regret it?

No. That can't possibly be it. There have been far too many occasions where she has caught Jimin staring at her, flirting with her and acting seemingly jealous over other guys she's simply talked to. He'd seemed absolutely fine the night he'd bent down to kiss her, perfectly fine after he'd wished her a goodnight and strolled away with a smirk on his face. Maybe he's just being an .

"Ugh, what an ." She mutters to herself. Yup, he was most definitely just being an .

End of Flashback

"Come on Alex, you're stronger than this. I won't stop bothering you until you agree to come with me!" Alex groans at this statement because she know's Leah isn't just saying those words as an empty threat.

"You really won't, huh?"

"Nope!" Leah replies, sounding smug.

"Ugh, fine! I'll go just so you'll quit asking," Leah let's out a squeal of happiness and Alex smiles. She won't admit it but it's possible she's going in hopes she gets to lay her eyes on a certain someone. Even if it's just to get a glance from afar.

--

Once Alex has reluctantly finished getting ready, she's walking towards the excitement with Leah in tow. The frat boys have organised a get together in an open forest and as usual they haven't disappointed.  Without being able to help it her eyes wonder around, looking for the familiar dark hair and brown eyed combo she loves - even if she's mad.

"Why don't you go talk to Mark again?" Leah says, bringing Alex's attention back to her friend.

"What?"

"Well, wasn't he feeling you at the other party?" Leah asks with a quirk of her eyebrow. Alex looks back into the crowd and spots Mark almost immediately. He's sipping on a beer while listening to his friend she knows as Jinyoung saying something. She has to admit, he does look good.

"We were kind of  flirting..."

"Then what are you still standing here for? Go get him!" Alex smiles at the encouraging tone in her friend's voice.

"Besides, I kind of wanna talk to Jinyoung. He's looking cute tonight," At the predatory look in her friend's eyes, Alex let's out a small laugh; that sounded more like the Leah she knew. Turning her attention back to Mark, Alex flips a few braids over her shoulder and begins to make her way towards to the frat boy in question. 

Little does she know, someone is watching her with a distraught stare from afar. 

It doesn't take long to get Mark's attention. He's more than happy to pick up where they left of from the last party. They make small jokes and exchange flirty responses for a while and she can't deny that he makes her feel some type of way when he slowly interlaces their free hands together (the ones not holding the beers).

"So I just want to make sure," Mark starts off another conversation in that deep voice of his that gets her every time. "There's nothing going on with you and Jimin?"

The mention of the name makes her freeze for a nanosecond, but she quickly regains her nonchalance without Mark noticing.

"Oh that? There was nothing really going on to begin with," Her tone sounds disinterested, but her heart slightly sinking in her chest at the verbal confirmation says another.

"But I thought -"

"Trust me, Mark," She squeezes his hand and moves slightly towards him, "Nothing." Mark studies her for a moment, before a smile eventually forms on those perfect lips of his. 

"Well in that case, the fireworks are starting soon. Do you want to sit an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter