April

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early April

She's in a mood, and he's the only one that's seemed to notice.

Not that it's easy to notice in the first place because Alex is the type of person that's almost always in some type of dark mood. Today however, she isn't her usually sassy self. Instead she seems sad and mellow and she's quieter than normal. Jimin knows that this means something is seriously bothering her.

It's the first day of April, meaning its April fool's day. Usually, Jimin uses this day as a way of spreading the joy, and not in the 'peaceful' way; more in the 'If you can't take a joke then off.' sort of way. He's probably offended half of the students of this university by now and he's living for it. Oh how he loves this blessed day.

But with Alex moping on the side, it's slightly dampening his mood.

"What's crawled up your today, Alex?" Jimin asks her, knowing fully well he'll probably get a kick in the shin any second now. They're both sitting on a bench with they're respective friend's Yoongi and Leah and they both look at him like he's got a death wish. Alex looks up away from the table for the first time in a while to stare into his light brown eyes. If she looks into their depth, she can even make out the slight concern.

"Well it wouldn't be surprising if the answer was you now would it?" Leah answers for her instead, a scowl on her face; still not having got over Jimin scaring the living out of her only moments ago as his April fools joke on her for today.

"I doubt it, she loves me," Jimin breaks his eye contact with Alex to give Leah his cheeky smile but Alex continues to admire his eye colour regardless if he's staring back. As Leah scoffs and Yoongi rolls his eyes, all Alex can think is he's got the prettiest brown eyes she's ever seen.

"She's not agreeing with you, bro. Maybe it was you," Yoongi inputs with a snicker. Jimin glares at him and nudges his shoulder with his own.

"It can't be me. Right, Al?" She blinks for a moment, trying to get back into reality, Jimin's eyes are directly on her again and she swallows; down casting her eyes to the wooden bench once again.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it," Her voice isn't as hard or as strong as it usually is, as if she can't even be bothered to put emotion into it. She slowly stands up from the bench causing the rest of them to turn their heads in her direction.

"I'm going home. I don't feel too well...I'll see you guys later," They barely get a chance to even blink let alone reply because she's already walking towards the gate of the park in quick short steps. Jimin frowns, watching her retreating figure as it disappears out of sight. Not that this type of thought would usually cross his mind but...he didn't even get a chance to ask her seriously what was wrong.

--

Alex closes her front door with a sigh, resting her back against it and closing her eyes for a few brief seconds. She can't get over the fact that today is April 1st. The day that...she hates even bringing it up. She straightens her shoulders and walks into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water. She really needs to stop thinking about it, or she'll end up blurting it out to someone.

And she definitely needs to stop thinking about Jimin and his mesmerizing brown irises.

For a moment or two she thinks about her mother...then rolls her eyes because she knows her mother will busy herself with loads of work to forget about today of all days. She suddenly can't be bothered to even get a glass from the cupboard and just heads out of the kitchen to head to the living room couch. She doesn't know what to do with the variety of emotions she's feeling inside. She wants to cry, but then she doesn't. She wants to scream, but then she doesn't. She doesn't know what the hell to do.

Suddenly, her phone starts ringing, startling her into momentary shock. She blinks, paralyzed for a few seconds before coming to her senses and rushing to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter