August

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE! Go back to July if you haven't read that yet lmao

--

Early August

July becomes August, and things are about to change...well, at least Jimin hopes they'll change anyway.

Why did she have to look this good today? Jimin asks himself as he stares at the girl he's fallen for. She's sitting opposite him in a local coffee shop he's taken her to on the nice warm August day that it is, and she's sipping on a Strawberry smoothie that she's almost finished. He looks and feels nervous, a weird and out of character thing for someone like him. He rakes a hand through his hair for the fifth time in two minutes and sighs to himself.

Today is the day he is finally going to ask Alexis Thompson to be his.

In many ways he can't believe he's doing this. Will she even say yes? Well, she better say yes. He's putting all the population of girls on the line just for her. Never in a million years did he imagine himself as someone's boyfriend, never mind wanting to be someone's for that matter.

After that horrible night she slammed the door in his face he realised almost instantly that he does want her for himself, and to be honest he doesn't give a if anybody else wants her because she's his...well hopefully she will be.

He debates on excusing himself to the bathroom quickly and practicing what he is going to say to her in a mirror or something, but the idea is immediately deemed pathetic as quickly as it was thought up. An appalled expression finds his face. What the hell is wrong with you? He thinks to himself. Get a ing grip Jimin!

Alex brings the straw away from her lips, upon noticing the look the boy in front of her is sporting on his face. He looks freaked out for some odd reason, confusing her all the more and once he realises she's making direct eye contact he looks away.

"Oh God, I must look like I'm crazy," He mutters aloud to himself. She didn't hear what he said but she's still eyeing him up suspiciously.

She sets her finished smoothie down on the table and folds her arms across the table between them.

"Uh, are you okay? You seem...weird." She's now giving him a look that is a mix between amusement and curiosity. Jimin tries to shoot her his famous smirk but it comes out more like a grimence.

"All is well and good, Al," He sips on the black coffee he bought. Though he can barely finish half of it, thanks to his nerves.

"Should we get out of here? You look like you're done," She would really like a muffin or something, but quickly decides she needs to save money. She nods and begins to walk ahead, leading them out of coffee shop.

A light summer breeze is in the air, and Jimin watches discretely as Alex flips her braids to one side of her shoulder to keep herself cooler. He can't help but admire how effortlessly beautiful she is. He finds it amazing that she can't see it for herself.

"So why did you want to see me?" She slows down her pace a bit to let him catch up with her as she asks. Jimin swallows. He looks ahead at the cars passing by on the road and refrains himself from awkwardly blurting out the true answer.

"Well we're friends, right?" Alex nods her head slightly, though her heart sinks a bit at the term he uses to describe their relationship status. "So is it that weird that I want to see you?" She has no witty comeback for his rhetorical question because what he is saying is true. They walk on silently, though the silence is comfortable and not at all awkward.

"I don't know it..it just sounded like you wanted to talk about something important," Alex speaks up after a while. Jimin can feel his palms sweating and the sun beating down on them is definitely not the reason. Before he can come up with another lame excuse, something ahead of them saves him.

"Let's go in here." He didn't even notice that they'd been walking towards the entrance of the park until now, but he's suddenly very glad that they did. He stares at the sign of 'welcome' dumbly and Alex eyes him wearily at his odd behaviour.

"Well okay then, let's go," She grabs his arm and moves him along since he seems frozen to the ground. Again, Jimin has nothing to say, because the feeling of Alex's surprisingly soft fingers wrapped around his wrist has rendered him speechless. He has the hugest urge to change the position of their hands and interlace his fingers with hers but the fear of rejection is too great.

Fear of rejection? What the hell is she doing to him?

They eventually reach to a stop the picnic table they've been to on many occasions before. There is an awkward few seconds before Alex begins to pull her hand a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter