June

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early June

Jimin tries to pay attention to what Taehyung is saying, he really does...but once he notices Alex walk into the campus lounge area they're occupying, it's like he's entranced by her. She's wearing a simple light blue tank top and dark wash high-waisted jeans and he can't help but think how does she look good in everything?!

"Your girl is here isn't she?" Taehyung says flatly, stating the question rather than asking. He doesn't have to look behind him to know the reason why Jimin looks like he's almost about to drool.

"Huh? No, you're right, Jungkook's wrong," Taehyung rolls his eyes and flicks Jimin on the forehead which serves immediately effective in getting the love struck boys attention.

"OW!" Jimin yelps, rubbing his forehead and glaring at this friend in front of him. "What the hell was that for?"

"You're completely ignoring my hilarious story featuring Kookie to stare at Alex again," Jimin doesn't even bother to deny it like he usually does this time and just looks at the ground. He's already admitted to Yoongi and Taehyung the truth about his feelings so what's the point? Taehyung raises his eyes in surprise at the fact Jimin isn't ready with some snippy comeback.

"Man, you really like her don't you?" Jimin sighs and looks back up at the boy in front of him.

"It's like ever since I realised I liked her at that stupid party, I've been messed up man," He rakes a hand through his jet black hair. "It's driving me crazy!"

"Maybe it's because you haven't told her," Taehyung replies with a shrug and Jimin contemplates this for a moment.

"I mean think about it," He continues "You never have a problem with talking to girls, if you like her you usually let her know...but with Alex? You act like a sweaty, blubbering mess at the mere thought of confessing and just hold in your feelings around her...and I've got to admit it's kind of hilarious," Jimin glares and punches his friend in the shoulder.

"OW! Hey, you know its true,"

"What's true?" Both boys shriek in surprise at the sudden presence of Alex next to them. She raises an eyebrow at their reaction.

"Uh..." Jimin is dumbfounded for a long moment. "Jimin is a ," Taehyung decides to interject for him and Alex chuckles at that.

"Well that's nothing new," Taehyung laughs, and Jimin suddenly feels less distressed for not getting caught. Going along with the change of subject, he pouts at her.

"I'm kidding J, don't give me that cute pout of yours," she tells him, patting his cheek. He wants to put his hand over hers and pull her closer to his body but refrains with the mere fact he may look crazy.

"You think I'm cute?" He asks her with a smirk, his fake pout long gone.

"Unfortunately, I might do actually," she replies with a roll of her eyes, then looks at him with a small smirk of her own.

Ha, might? You're freakin' adorable! Alex's brian shouts but she keeps a straight face and acts like she isn't screaming on inside.

Her feelings are becoming more intense as the days go by and she sometimes finds herself wondering why she hasn't just blurted them out yet. Then she remembers that this is Jimin Park and he could break her heart just like that.

This on and off flirtation has been going on since after the night of the party and neither of them knows where this is going. All they know is that if they can't admit their feelings for now and that this is good enough for the mean time.

--

Mid June

"Alex, stop moving!" Leah warns, as she holds Alex's chin between her forefinger and thumb. Alex rolls her eyes as Leah carefully finishes putting the dark red lipstick on her lips, a satisfied sigh emitted when she's done. She would've done her own makeup but Leah insisted. 

"There, finally finished. You look ing amazing!" Alex smiles at Leah's compliment and she turns around to look at herself in her bedroom mirror. She raises both eyebrows in astonishment at the wonders her friend has accomplished; dark winged eye liner, Smokey eye shadow and perfect eyebrows. She's suddenly glad she let Leah do her makeup.

A soft smile finds Alex's lips as she also admires the rest of her outfit, and just how it all seems to fit together perfectly.

"Leah you're the best, you work miracles you know that?"Alex says while she turns around. Her smile grows bigger as she wraps her arms around her friend in a hug. Leah returns the embrace, giving the emotional girl a light squeeze before letting her go.

"No problem. You deserve to look y as hell, birthday girl." It's the 12th day of June, meaning its Alexis' birthday. She wasn't expecting much today which is why she was pleasantly surprised this very morning when Yoongi, Jo and Taehyung texted her a 'happy birthday'. Jimin even called her at the early hours of the morning to wish her a good day (which she would've appreciated more at a later time.) but it was sweet none the less.

She's finally finished getting ready for her 'birthday outing'. She hadn't really seen the point of it, but Jimin had oddly insisted earlier they all do something. So here she is in a red low cut bodycon dress that matches the colour of her black heels she can barely walk in, ready to party it up. She walks over to her bed to grab her phone, when she hears a beep coming from Jo's direction. A few moments later the girl in question speaks up.

"Yoongi's just texted me that they're on they're way. Come on, we don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting." Alex abruptly turns around upon hearing that, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Uh, what boyfriend?" Jo lets her lips form a smirk, and it's a very smug one too.

"I'm talking about you and Jimin, obviously. You don't think I notice the eye you guys have on numerous occasions?" Alexis' mouth falls agape slightly, her cheeks burning and forming a blush. She and Jimin don't stare at each other...that much; and certainly not to the extent where it looks like eye for the love of -

"Look Jo, she's blushing!" Leah exclaims and Alex's sees this as her cue to speak up but Jo decides to do so again.

"Honestly, I don't know what you see in the guy. He's a kind of an you know...but whatever." Alex looks down for a moment and then looks up with a grin.

"Maybe I like s." She replies with a grin and Leah lets out a laugh, before grabbing the birthday girl's hand and pulling her out of the bedroom.

--

"Damn, how long are they going to be?" Jimin grumbles, putting the glass of Whiskey and Coke to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter