May

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mid May

Why can't she stop thinking about him?

It's very annoying honestly, since she hasn't been able to do a single thing all day without the thought of him crossing her mind. Alex frowns to herself as she stares at the TV screen in front of her. One of her favourite reality shows is on but she's taking no interest in it what so ever; it's more like helpful background noise at this point.

And why? Because she can't stop thinking about Park Jimin.

Him and his stupid, arrogant (yet irritatingly attractive) smirk and his shiny brown eyes. His huge ego and the way he seems to act slightly different when he's only around her. Groaning, Alex switches the TV off and lies down on the couch, her legs now hanging off the edge. She stares at the ceiling and once again her thoughts quickly drift back to him. Biting her lip, she wonders curiously to herself what he might be doing. Probably annoying the hell out of someone most likely. This thought in particular causes her to smile slightly. Why did he have to be so...interesting?

Park Jimin get the hell out of my head. She thinks to herself, and she groans loudly covering her hands over her eyes.

--

Jimin feels like gagging once he overhears (and not for the first time either) Yoongi saying the sappiest he's ever heard while on the phone to his girlfriend Josephine Morris. They were both perfect for each other - he could admit that after witnessing what they'd gone through - and he was happy that his friend was so sickly in love, but sometimes...it wasn't cute.

Like now for instance, when his own love life wasn't exactly in the best of places.

"They're going to make me throw up for real this time, I swear," He declares with a shudder. He's talking to his other close friend Taehyung Kim who is sitting next to him on the floor while they're watching an action movie on Netflix.

"Just block it out like I do," Taehyung says with a roll of his eyes, "And besides, you're never this annoyed about it usually...what's going on bro?"

Jimin shrugs, not sure of the answer himself. All he knows is that he can't stop thinking about a certain girl that he's gotten to know lately, and it's starting to drive him insane.

"He's just jealous because he doesn't get to be this way with Alex," Yoongi states, apparently no longer on the phone. He joins the other boys on the floor and simply smirks at the scowl Jimin is giving him.

"Alex..." It takes a moment for Taehyung to realise who they're talking about. "You mean that moody, Alexis girl in your classes? Since when did you have a thing for her?" Taehyung sounds more offended that he wasn't told about this than shocked over this new information. Yoongi's smirk turns into a smug grin.

"You want to explain this buddy, or shall I?"

"There's nothing to explain," Jimin intervenes quickly, "She's just a friend - who I admit is hot - but a friend none the less,"

"Are you forreal?" Taehyung questions, astounded. "Since when are you only friends with girls?"

"Since he met Alexis Thompson, and is too chicken to ask her out," Yoongi says with a snicker, and Jimin shoots him a harsh glare.

"Ugh, shut up! I don't like her like that..." He closes his eyes, sighing. "...I don't."

Yoongi and Taehyung glance at each other, very unconvinced by their friend's words.

"Whatever you say, Chim," Taehyung shrugs, "But I've got a say I've never seen you act like this...deny to liking somebody so hard...just saying," Jimin doesn't reply, instead he sighs again and stares at the screen in front of him. Though that doesn't stop the one thought roaming around in his head.

...he's right.

--

"Hm, a party? Who's throwing it." After another long and boring lecture, Alex is walking with Leah in front of the campus building after deciding to meet up for a free period. They find a comfortable patch of grass and sit down, crossing their legs and facing each other.

"Mark Tuan," Leah replies, stretching her arms behind her.

"Oh, that Frat guy? Well, he is kind of hot,"

"Kind of? That's an understatement and you know it," Alex laughs, while Leah continues.

"Besides maybe you can convince Jimin to go too and seduce him while he's drunk," Alex's laughter dies down in an instant and she rolls her eyes.

"Lee, stop. I don't like him like that remember?" Lies. Complete and utter lies, but Leah didn't need to know that just yet. Not until she was sure of her feelings herself.

"Yeah, okay. Then I guess you wouldn't care that he's flirting with Joy over there." Leah points behind Alex's shoulder and Alex almost gives herself whiplash from turning her head around so fast.

And unfortunately, Leah isn't joking.

There, not too far away is Jimin walking side by side with Joy (a girl in their classes), her arm interlaced with his. She's practically snuggling into his side and he's not exactly doing much to create space between them either. Alex watches in disgust as they both laugh at whatever it is Joy says. She can't be that funny, why does he look so amused?

"Hey guys," Alex turns her head back slowly at the voice and settles her eyes upon Josephine Morris, the girlfriend of Jimin's best friend, Min Yoongi.

"Hey, Jo," Leah greets and Alex smiles at her distractedly. "What's up?"

"I just thought maybe Yoongi might be around here since he's Jimin's best friend and he's usually hanging out with you guys these days," Jo says with a slight laugh, fiddling with the headband that keeps her curly afro out of her face.

"Oh, we haven't seen him sorry," Leah says again "But maybe you could ask Jimin, he's right over there," At the mention of his name, Alex suddenly focuses her attention on him again with disdain.

They've stopped walking now and Joy has one hand on his bicep while the other is clutching her books to her chest as she faces him. Jimin smirks at her, as if loving this contact before leaning down and whispering something in her ear.

Joy giggles, and Alex wants to throw up.

"Oh, thanks, I'll see you guys later. Probably at Mark's party, right?" Leah nods and Alex makes a humming sound as if agreeing, staring holes into Jimin's head. Alex continues to watch as Jo makes her way to Jimin a few moments later. They talk briefly, and Alex watches in slight horror as Jo points in her and Leah's direction. She and Jimin lock eyes for a second and feeling panicked, she snaps her head back to face her friend who has an eyebrow raised.

"I only like him as a friend? Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter