October

Gradually
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late October

The days have gotten colder and college is back on the agenda. Now in her last year, Alex is ready to do her best and get the grade she deserves. In the mean time however, a certain holiday is coming up and she's ready to have a good time this year.

"So, what are you gonna guys gonna be this year for Halloween?" Alex asks her friends Leah and Jo, before sipping on her hot chocolate. They're sitting on one of the many sofas in an impressively large Starbucks located near their campus.

"Ugh, I have no clue," Jo sighs, "What about you, Leah?"  Leah smirks, also taking a sip of her coffee before replying.

"Well it's obviously gotta be something y or whats the point?" Alex chuckles and nods her head in agreement.

"True. You've got the right idea,"

"Right idea about what?" The three girls turn their heads at the new voice to see Jimin Park standing there with a curious expression on his face.

"Hey, J," Alex smiles, admiring how good her boyfriend looks. He smiles back, leaning down to press a quick but thorough kiss to her lips.

"Hi, baby," He whispers against her lips before sitting down next to her. He puts an arm around her shoulder, pulling her close and she can't help but snuggle against him.

"When did you guys become one of those nauseating couples?" Leah says with a roll of her eyes.

"Nice to see you too, Leah," Jimin responds with his signature smirk and Leah gives him a 'stank' look causing the remaining three to laugh.

"Where's Yoongi and Taehyung?" Jo questions after her laughter subsides, mainly curious about where her boyfriend is.

"They're getting drinks," Jimin tells her with a small smile on his face before turning to look at his girlfriend.

"What were you guys talking about?"

"What we're going to wear for Halloween," Alex answers, a newfound excitement in her voice. "You know, for that party that Jaebum is throwing." At the mention of the name, Jimin's smile quickly dims and transforms into a frown.

"Oh, that...are we seriously going?" Confused at the flat tone he's using, Alex glances at her friend's momentarily who both mirror the same confused expressions before looking back at him.

"Well, yeah. It's the biggest party on campus."

"But it's not the only party, now is it? Besides, if this is Jaebum's party then Mark Tuan is definitely going to be there." Jimin doesn't mean to say Mark's name with such disgust but he really can't help the ill feelings he still has towards the frat boy.

"So that's what this is about. You don't want to go because Mark might be going?" Alex slightly leans away from Jimin to look into his eyes properly.

"Not might, will, Alex. They're like best bros, of course he'll be there." Alex raises an eyebrow.

"And? It's not like we're going to see him the whole night," Jimin sighs, she doesn't seem to get it and he isn't ready admit it out loud.

"Here's your coffee, Chim." Taehyung suddenly appears, with Yoongi in stride. Jimin takes the hot beverage from him and mutters a quick "thanks" before the girls exchanges quick greetings with the new comers. After the two sit down, Jimin speaks up again.

"We don't need to see him at all. Let's just go somewhere else, okay?" He tries to convince her further by leaning in and kissing her again but Alex moves away before he can.

"I don't get why you're being like this. You already know I've spoken to him and that we're just friends now. He know's I only want to be with you." Alex is frowning now, and Jimin can tell this can turn into something very bad very quickly. They've never had a serious fight as a couple before, and he'd like to keep it that way.

"I know that, but it's just -"

"Just what? You think I'm going to just leave you standing there in the middle of the damn party and walk off with him or something?" Alex can't help but get herself agitated. She doesn't like feeling accused.

"Alex...babygirl, calm down," Jimin says trying to save the situation before it gets out of hand. He puts a calming hand on her thigh. "That's not what I meant."

"Then what are you trying to say, Jimin Park?" The group of friends watch in a tense silence but Taehyung let's out a sharp breath at the use of his friend's full name. Jimin clenches his jaw. He knows what he wants to say, but he doesn't want to admit that he's jealous and insecure out loud.

"I just don't feel like going, okay?"

"Yeah, but why n-"

"Damn it, Alexis! Can you just simply listen to me for once and agree to go somewhere else?" He doesn't mean it, he really doesn't mean it but when Jimin feels like he's being backed into a corner, he lashes out. Alex stares at him for a long moment, rendered speechless by how irritated and closed off he sounds. And then she's lets out a humorless chuckle.

"Here's a better idea. How about I go somewhere else, right now?" She brushes his hand off of her thigh and stands up.

"I'll see you guys later," She says with what is meant to be a smile but looks more like a grimace, before quickly leaving the coffee shop. Jimin knows he should go after her but it's like his whole body is suddenly frozen. Instead he silently watches her until she's gone, folding his lips and closing his eyes in anguish as he curses to himself in his head.

, what have I done?

-X-

Three days later, it's Halloween and Alex is no longer excited. She hasn't seen Jimin since she stormed out of the coffee shop and like the proud people they both are, neither have messaged each other as a peace offering.

Staring at herself in the mirror, she dejectedly puts on her makeup and outfit; this year deciding to go as a simple but classic 'y cat'. She's wearing a plain black, skin tight jumpsuit that shows off her cleavage with it's deep neck line and some cute chunky-heeled boots to match. Leah strolls into her bedroom in her angel ensemble just as Alex is putting on her cat ears.

"Alex, you look like a snack! Jimin is gonna regret his smart mouth when he see's you from across the room and doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter