Chapter 6: A Visitor From The Past

How To Steal Your Sister's Boyfriend

“NICE WORK EVERYONE!” Bella clapped. “Let’s wrap it up! I’m sure the music video will end up great! CHEN, SEHUN, stop playing with the toy guns! You guys head to the dressing room and get changed. We just have to celebrate!”

“OK. So… 1…5…6?” Bella counted after they got changed. “Where’s Baekhyun?”

Cora raised her hand. “He’s still changing, unnie.” She smiled. “Why don’t you go ahead? I’ll wait for him.”

“Hear that?” Bella asked, turning to the guys. “Let’s go! I’m going to cook hamburgers!”

Once everyone was out and the door clammed shut, Cora let out a sigh. She twisted her rotating chair left to right, making it squeak. Man, apologizing to Bella is tough, she thought. But that doesn’t mean I’m giving up.

“YAAAA!!! Hurry up, will you?” Cora yelled at the curtained dressing room. Crossing her arms, she added, “I’m already hungry.”

Baekhyun chuckled and slid the curtain to one side, “Wae? Do you miss me already?”

“Ha ha,” Cora’s voice was filled with sarcasm. She rotated a hundred-eighty degree, and let out a scream. She just discovered a topless Baekhyun. Can you just imagine the view?!

“YAA! PUT ON A SHIRT!” Cora yelled, covering her eyes. “NOOOW!” She heard laughter, and muttered ‘okay’s. “Can I open my eyes now?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “You can, if you want to.” Another laugh.

“TSK! I don’t want to see an old man’s body. PLUS you don’t even have abs!” Cora lied. “But seriously, can I PLEASE open them now?”

“Ne.”

Cora slowly removed her hands away from her eyes. Baekhyun stood there wearing a gray shirt and a sly grin. Cora let out a sigh of relief.

“Let’s go.” Cora said, picking up her coat. “The guys are probably eating our share right now.”

Cora acted as if nothing happened, but the truth is she can’t get the image out of her mind! She needed to slap herself, with Baekhyun not knowing, to get back into the real world.

They were on their way out, but Cora paused upon hearing someone calling her name.

“CORA! CORA! Omo! Is that you?” A girl with a noticeable American accent was running towards them. Cora could recognize her face from afar, but when she stepped closer and closer…

“MYUNHAE?!” Cora blurted out, surprised. Quickly, she ran towards her and gave her a tight hug. In English, she asked, “What are you doing here? In Korea? In SM? Wait! Since when?”

Myunhae giggled. “One at a time, girl.” She said, flipping her newly curled hair. “I came here last year to audition, and I got accepted…”

Myunhae’s voice trailed off from Cora’s mind. Her once nerdy best friend has turned into a super model. Her pigtails were turned into shiny curly locks. Her thick black-framed glasses were replaced with contact lenses. And her face… She looked so angelic.

“So, who’s your friend over there?” Myunhae whispered, in English. Cora looked over her shoulder and saw Baekhyun. He waved awkwardly, not understanding even one bit about their conversation.

Cora took a deep breath. “Don’t freak out. That’s actually—“

“OH MY GOSH! BAEKHYUN OPPA!!!” Myunhae muffled her scream with both of her hands. She turned to Cora. “Omo! Are you going out with him?!”

Cora’s eyes widened. “W-What?! No way! I’m just his stylist, and he’s…” She looked at Baekhyun again, who hasn’t got the slightest idea of what they’re talking about. “He’s just a friend. A really good friend.”

She turned back at Myunhae, who still has a huge grin plastered on her face. This time in Korean, she said, “Listen. We really have to go. I hope we see each other again.”

“Oh, we will.” She opened her bag. She took out a white envelope with a black bow. “There’s going to be a batch reunion. Fancy, right? The address is in the invitation. I hope I’ll see you there.”

Cora nodded, and Myunhae ran back to the cafeteria, waving goodbye. She then turned to Baekhyun, who was smiling deviously. “I think your friend likes me.” Cora just rolled her eyes.

“Let’s go, Ahjussi.” Cora exited, leaving the building. From afar she could hear Baekhyun shouting, “Wait, Cola! Don’t leave me.”

By the time Cora and Baekhyun arrived at the dorm, everything was a great mess. There’s confetti on the floor, burgers on the couch, and colorful lights everywhere. It’s a relief that the house is located at the farthest of the subdivision, or else the neighbors will come complaining about the loud music.

“Baek-hyung, noona!” Sehun greeted. “Come join the party!” He said, dancing to the music. Cora was about to reply, but her ringtone cut her off. The ringtone.

Baekhyun noticed it and quickly took action. “He’s right!” he said, taking her hand. “Let’s dance!”

Cora was surprised by the sudden gesture, but she went along with it. She placed her phone back in her bag and decided, This time, I won’t let Unknown affect me.