Chapter 1: Trouble Might Be Following Me

How To Steal Your Sister's Boyfriend

“Pa, it’s no use. I tried using all of your techniques, but it didn’t work on me. And yes, I’ve discussed all the things in my resume, but by the time I was done, the interviewer already fell asleep.” Bella complained. She sat on a nearby bench, taking a break from walking all day in killer heels.

She heard her father laugh on the other line. Bella pouted. She glared at the phone. “Does this look like a laughing matter, Pa? Ottoke?”

“Mian, Bella.” He was still laughing. “But I don’t really get why you don’t want to do it the easy way. Just mention Choi Doyoung and they’ll surely hire—“

"I already told you, Pa." Bella sighed, putting down her bag. She removed her heels and rubbed her poor blistered feet. "I'm going to earn a job by my own potential, not by the company's power. I want to get a job fair and square. I want equality and justice— Aish, maybe I should've taken law school instead."

Another laugh was heard from her father. "Oh, well. Suit yourself." he said. "Why don't you stop being so formal and try being... I don't know, friendly?"

"Friendly, huh?" Bella rolled her eyes. "Well, that's never gonna work—"

"Ah! I know!" Her father exclaimed. Bella held the phone closer to her ear, not wanting to miss it. "Why don't you try asking Cora for help? She has this way of getting people's trust. Maybe it would work on you, too."

"NO WAY!" Bella grunted. "I'd rather get no job than talk to her." She flipped her hair out and crossed her arms. All out of annoyance.

"Please, Bella. It's been 2 years."

Bella sighed. "You know what, Pa? I think I should go. It's getting dark out here and I think I forgot where I parked my car. So, bye." She pressed End Call.

Another sigh escaped . "There's no way I'm talking to that girl. Never." She mumbled.

It all seemed so sudden, but Bella was frozen in place. Just as she was about to wear her heels, her bag was snatched out of her hand. She didn't want to waste any more time. With one shoe in hand, she ran after the thief. It was more difficult than you could imagine.

"YAAA! Give that back! You thief!"

She chased him for quite a while, until they reached a huge building. A band of people wearing black exited the edifice and seemed alerted by the situation.

"I said give it back!" Bella couldn't take it anymore. She was cold, thirsty, and exhausted. She threw her black Mary Janes at the robber and— THUD! He fell to the ground.

Not wanting the culprit to escape, one of the guys tied the robber's hands behind his back using a scarf. Bella scurried over to retrieve her bag... and shoe. She searched for her phone and dialed the police.

She looked up from her phone and gazed at her hero. "Thank you."

All she saw were his bright eyes. He wore a black bonnet and a black face mask. He looked more of a robber than the actual thief.

"Yeoboseo... Ne... Ne... Uh, we're right in front of the building called... Um, SM Entertainment... Ne... Kamsahamnida—" Bella was shocked when her hero took her shoes from her hand. What happened next seemed to go in slow motion.

He kneeled down and placed her foot on her shoe. He fixed his coat when he got up and Bella had another opportunity to look at the guy. That was so sweet... But Bella shook the though off. A haunting memory appeared in her mind. Tch. All guys are the same.

"Agassi? Yeoboseo?" The policeman on the phone snapped Bella out of her daze. "Oh, uh... Ne. Please hurry. Kamsahamnida." She pressed End Call. There was a small moment of silence, until a shrill scream broke through.

"OMO! What happened here?!"

Bella thought that there was something familiar with the voice, but she decided to shrug it off. Not until a girl approached them. She was wearing a bright pink hoodie, so Bella couldn't see her face clearly.

"This guy's just snatched a beautiful lady's bag." Said one of the guys. He then smiled at me.

"Jinjja?!" The girl asked. She glared at the guy on the ground and in a split second, a kick landed on the thief's arm. "That's what you get for robbing an innocent lady!"

All of a sudden, as if the weather was cooperating, a strong gust of wind puffed past them. It was enough to send shivers down Bella's spine, but that wasn't the actual reason. The wind also blew down the girl's hoodie, making it clear for Bella to see her face.

Her eyes widened with dismay as the terrible memories were pushed inside her mind. Standing in front of her was the girl she despises.

"Oh... unnie."