Chapter 5: Payback

How To Steal Your Sister's Boyfriend

“Mianhae, but I can’t fit ice cream into your schedule.” Bella announced, receiving groans from everyone. Fortunately for Bella, Cora gave up interrogating Baekhyun and stormed away to get ready. Right now, the guys are gathered at the living room.

Bella continued. “So, your schedule for the day… You have to get ready for makeup and costume after lunch, by two o’ clock you have to shoot the music video for Power, which would take approximately six hours, so for dinner—“

“Waaah! Manager-nim memorized our schedule.” Xiumin applauded. Bella curtsied like a princess.

She tapped on her temple. “I have a good memory.” She said proudly.

The door to Cora’s bedroom opened. “All ready! Kaja?” Cora exclaimed. She looked dashing as always, but Bella just rolled her eyes. “It’s about time. Seriously, how many hours do you need to take a bath? Mind giving us a heads up next time?” she scoffed, then she turned away sashaying to the front door.

Cora pouted. “Mianhae, unnie!” she shouted. Then she turned to the guys, “OK. Since we’re all set, let’s go! Move! Move! There’s no time to waste!” She was about to grab hold of one of her enormous makeup bag, but Baekhyun and Kai beat her to it. They ran to the van and Cora haven’t even say thank you.

“Tsk. Tsk.” Cora mumbled when they were out of hearing range. “Such gentlemen.”

It only took fifteen minutes to get to SM Ent, but the van ride felt like forever. No one spoke a word. There was an awkward atmosphere between them. But thank God, Bella brought her earphones. To kill time, she decided to listen to EXO’s music. She listened to The Eve, Unfair, El Dorado, 365, and Heart Attack, which was her personal favorite. She also had time to explore their music videos.

Bella cannot believe her eyes. It was hard to take in that these super hot guys on her screen are the same cute dorky guys at the backseat. Like WHAT? Are you sure that’s the same Kai? And Chanyeol’s all smile. How come I haven’t seen him like that in real life?

“OK. We’re here, everyone!” Cora announced. “Oh, ahjussi! Watch your step!” She told Baekhyun as she laughed.

“YAAA! I’m not that old, Cola!”

Bella sighed. “Aigoo.” She glanced at the guys, who are all smile and laughs. Once they got inside the building, she mumbled.  “It’s like I’m babysitting a bunch of babies.”

“Ooh. It’s so cold. I better hurry up.” She fixed the papers on her folder, and— WOOSH! A strong puff of winter breeze blew past her, along with her papers. She looked around to make sure no one saw that saw her embarrassing moment. She began to pick up the papers one by one.

She heard a deep chuckle. “Pfft. You look like a frog.”

Annoyed, she turned and saw the giant who was none other than Chanyeol. He stood there, relaxed, with hands in his pocket. He just displayed an irritating only to Bella smirk. We love you Channie.

“What? Aren’t you gonna help me?” Bella snapped. She blew a puff of air to get her hair out of her face. So that Chanyeol can clearly see her annoyed expression. Chanyeol just shrugged and helped.

Okay, only one left…

But just as Bella was about to grab it, another hand did too. Feel free to fangirl. She looked up and saw Chanyeol, whose ears were turning red. The two locked gaze for a moment, not until Chanyeol turned away. He cleared his throat and let go of the paper. He turned away and placed his hands in his pockets again.

“You should hurry up.” He said before walking away.

Bella scratched her head. “What was that all about?” She turned to her wristwatch. “Aigoo! It’s already eleven o’ clock!”

Bella followed Chanyeol to the elevator. He was at the right side, so she went to the left. Bella was confused when Chanyeol went there too. And when she went to the right, he also moved there. He kept mirroring her movements until— Ding!

“ARGH! PARK CHANYEOL!” Bella stomped her foot. Before the elevator completely closed, Chanyeol waved innocently, mocking Bella.

Bella pressed the Up button a few times before giving up and heading to the stairs. She stared at the flight of stairs and felt pretty confident that she could race Chanyeol to the third floor. Finally, all the marathon practices paid off.

She got there before the elevator door dings. With hands placed on her hips, she showed Chanyeol the same mocking smirk. Chanyeol’s eyes widened in surprise. Bella pressed the Up button before mirroring his movements.

“Move,” Chanyeol coldly said, glaring at her. Bella shook her head innocently as a response.

And— Ding! That was the signal that shows that Bella had done her revenge successfully. Before the elevator door closes, she jokingly blew a kiss and did the same childish wave.

Bella celebrated internally. “That’s what he gets for messing with me.” She mumbled.

When Bella arrived at the Makeup Room (or Cora’s Office as the guys call it), Kai’s makeup was already done. Cora’s only adding the finishing touches, the sequins beside his left eye.

“Oh, unnie!” Cora exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. “What do you think of Kai’s makeup? Amazing, right?”

Bella just rolled her eyes, but deep inside, she’s really impressed. She sat at a chair nearby, and as if on cue, Chanyeol entered the scene.

“You’re late!” Cora pointed out. “Tsk. Tsk. I’ll do your makeup last. Fall in line, please.”

Cora needed to look twice. She couldn’t believe that she saw her sister… smile?