Chapter 3: Never Giving Up

How To Steal Your Sister's Boyfriend

Bella was at her interview.

m e a n w h i l e

Cora sat at the bench outside the office, grinning to herself like a mad woman. Finally after two years of no contact, they coincidentally meet in Korea. But it wasn't a coincidence...

Her vision suddenly went black. She was blindfolded by someone's soft and fragrant hands. "Guess who, Cola."

"Byun Baekhyun, what are you still doing here? I thought you went with the others, and stop it. You'll ruin my mascara." She retorted as Baekhyun unfortunately removed his hands. "And it's Cora. CORA. C.O.R.A. Cora with an R."

"I'm just messing with you." Baekhyun laughed as he sat beside her. "So where's noona?"

Cora snorted. "Noona?" she giggled. "She's the same age as Chanyeol. Meaning you're older than her, Ahjussi.Hahaha!"

"YAH! I'm not that old!" Baekhyun cupped his cheeks, feeling concious. He smiled a bit, watching Cora laugh.

*beep beep*

Suddenly, everything fell silent. Cora felt that anxiety whenever that special ringtone goes off. She just stared at it, too afraid of what message it might receive. Or maybe, she was afraid of who it came from.

"Cora, what's wrong?" Baekhyun asked, concerned. Cora shook her head.

"It's nothing." She smiled. "Um, I have to go to the bathroom. Uh, please wait for unnie, araseo?"

Without waiting for a response Cora dashed to the girls' room, leaving a very confused Baekhyun.

Cora hurried to one of the empty stalls and stared at the message on her screen. Her heart broke as she read every word written on her phone.

From: UNKNOWN

Did you think you can run away from me, darling? ;-)

She pulled her phone to her chest, her lower lip quivering. Tears instantly flowed out as she vigorously wiped them away. A terrible memory forced itself to be remembered.

Young 21-year old Cora was hanging out with her best friend, Seo Myunhae, Marco's stepsister. She didn't know Myunhae's history, but she knew that Myunhae hated it whenever she talks about Marco.

The two were going out for ice cream. Cora was about to tell Myunhae some big news. She was about to tell her that she and Marco... kissed! But before she even had the chance to tell her, she received an anonymous message.

From: UNKNOWN

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Poor Bella Choi, what if she finds out your little secret? :-*

"YAAA! Cora! Hurry up! You're taking ages!" A familiar cold voice called, knocking on Cora's reality. Cora tried her best to smile. She looked like a psychopath, smiling and crying at the same time.

"I'll be there in a second!" Cora shouted out. She grabbed a tissue to wipe her tears, and thank God she was wearing waterproof mascara. When she opened the stall door, she saw her big sis, arms crossed and obviously annoyed.

"All done? So how did it go?" Cora tried to sound cheerful. Bella just rolled her eyes in response and exited the girls' room.

Cora smiled sadly. I know she won't forgive me in a matter of minutes. But I won't ever give up.

"Bye unnie! See you tomorrow!" Cora waved as her sister walks away. Although Bella didn't respond, Cora was sure that she heard her. "Bogoshipda." she mumbled.

Baekhyun opened the car door for Cora. And in a matter of seconds, Baekhyun started driving. There was a silent atmosphere between them. Cora was really tired. Faking smiles and giggles were exhausting too, you know. And she was busy sorting out things in her mind.

"Who's it from?"

Cora was shocked. She covered her forehead. "Can you read minds?"

Baekhyun chuckled. "I've heard that ringtone before." he said. "Well, I might have only heard it thrice, but I know that sender is bugging you. Whenever that tone rings, you look at your phone and frown."

Silence. There was silence.

"So who is it?" He asked again.

Cora snorted internally. I wish I knew. "Nothing. Just some prankster. It's becoming really annoying."

"Ah." Baekhyun replied, but he was obviously inconvinced.

Cora wanted to let it all out. No, it's not just nothing! It's from someone who hates me and would do anything to ruin my life. For two years, I tried to endure the threats and intimidations! Sometimes it's so exhausting that I thought of quitting this life! But I force myself to stand up every time I fall. Because that's what my sister always tells me. I owe her my life. And there's no way I'm going to die without getting an 'I forgive you' from Bella!

"You're not okay." A voice interrupted her train of thoughts.

"Psh. What are you talking about? I'm completely..." Cora touched her cheeks. She was crying. Baekhyun's hand travelled to hers and revealed something. It was a blue handkerchief. She looked at Baekhyun, who was staring back at her.

"Eyes on the road." she said, and Baekhyun immediately obeyed. Cora used the handkerchief to wipe her tears away. She smiled, thinking about Baekhyun's sweet gesture. They say crying can make your heart lighter, but it's pretty tiring. At least, something finally went right at the end.