Chapter 4: From Now On

How To Steal Your Sister's Boyfriend

Bella was walking on an isolated street. She pulled on her royal blue luggage and cleared . “Araseo, let’s do this one more time.” She mumbled.

“Annyeong haseyo! I’m Choi Bella and from now, I will be your manager.” She said, and cringed afterwards. “Ani, it’s too formal.”

“Annyeong! I’m Choi Bella! I’m your new manager! I’m pleased to work with you!” she said. She shook her head. “Aish! Too childish! ARGH! Whatever! I’ll know what I’ll say when I get there…”

She stopped, right in front of a huge mansion. She glanced at her phone to check if she was at the correct address, and she is. With heart in hand, she pressed on the doorbell.

The gate immediately opened, revealing a guy with such an angelic face. “Oh, you must be Cora’s sister!”

“Annyeong haseyo,” Bella bowed. “I’m Choi Bella, your new manager.”

The guy bowed back. “Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Junmyeon, the leader of EXO, but you may call me Suho.” He made way for Bella. “Please, come in and meet the rest.”

The leader is so nice, Bella thought. I wonder why the former manager quitted.

Bella made her way to a wide living room, where two boys are playing video games and two are eating sweets.

“Oh! Annyeong, manager-nim!” A guy called out, waving his hands.

That was Baekhyun, as Bella recalled, and he was the guy with Cora last evening. The four stood up when they saw Suho.

“I’m Byun Baekhyun! This is Kim Minseok…” He pointed to a guy with really fluffy cheeks.

He smiled. “Annyeong haseyo! You can call me Xiumin.” Bella smiled back. Xiumin somehow reminded her of the baozi that they ate back in China.

Baekhyun continued. “And he’s Kim Jong-in…” He pointed to a guy with darker skin. Bella thought he looked pretty cool though.

“Ne, but you can call me Kai.” He said sweetly. Bella didn’t expect that. He looked kind of shy.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, “Last but not least, Oh Sehun…” He pointed to a taller guy.

“Annyeong haseyo! I’m Sehun, the maknae of EXO.” For a second, Bella couldn’t believe her ears. She would’ve been convinced if they told her that Baekhyun was the maknae.

The four bowed. They said in synch, “Nice to meet you, manager-nim!” Bella bowed back and smiled.

Suho lead her to the kitchen, where two guys were wolfing down their breakfast. Like the previous reactions, he stood up when they saw their leader.

“Annyeong haseyo! I’m Do Kyungsoo,” Said the one with doe eyes. He flashed a really cute smile. “But you may call me D.O.”

The other guy greeted her. “And I’m Kim Jongdae, but you may call me Chen!”

The two bowed, “Nice meeting you, manager-nim!”

They’re such nice guys, Bella thought. Why would anyone want to leave them?

“Wait a minute,” Bella mumbled. “1..5..7.. I thought there were eight.”

“Ah, ne. Park Chanyeol’s at the music room. He’s always in there.” Suho chuckled. “This way, please.”

Bella and Suho made their way to a dark hallway, but there was light coming out of a door at the end of the hallway. As they stepped closer, strums of guitar can be heard.

The two peeked carefully, not wanting to disturb Chanyeol’s performance. Chanyeol’s back was facing them, so Bella can’t really see his face. But something about him felt familiar.

His performance ended. And much to Bella’s dismay, Suho clapped, startling Chanyeol. He turned around, and everything just slowed down, as if they were underwater.

Bella caught Chanyeol’s gaze. She remembered the guy last night. Her hero…

I’d remember those eyes anywhere, Bella thought. Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Annyeong haseyo, I’m Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you, manager-nim.” But his voice showed no interest.

“Is it just me or is everything rehearsed?” Bella whispered, making sure Chanyeol doesn’t hear. Suho just returned a lighthearted chuckle.

“Cora promised she’d buy them ice cream if they behaved.” Suho whispered back. Bella just nodded.

And speaking of Cora, they heard a loud shrill scream coming from the living room. Bella and the leader shared knowing looks and dashed to the room.

There they found Cora chasing after Baekhyun. She used throw pillows as ammo.

“YAA! Byun Baekhyun, come back here!” Said Cora, standing on the couch. She was still in her clothes from yesterday, and her hair was a mess. “I demand to know the truth!”

Baekhyun smiled from the memory…

“We’re home.” Baekhyun said, removing his seatbelt. But when he turned to Cora, she was already asleep. A tear escaped one of her closed eyes.

Baekhyun sighed. “I may not know your history yet, but… I wish your sister would forgive you already.” He brushed a strand of hair away from Cora’s face. “No one knows what you’ve been through.”

“And from now on,” he leaned closer. “I’ll always be there for you.” A soft kiss landed on Cora’s forehead.