Chapter 2: Trouble Might Do Good

How To Steal Your Sister's Boyfriend

She's here.

Bella eyed her. She looks so... different. Oh, gosh. What happened to her brown curly locks? She cut her hair! She even straightened it! And those jeans. Gosh, Cora. How can you breathe in those? I guess some things stays the same.

"Unnie?" Cora repeated, putting Bella back to reality. Cora's eyes were glinting, like she's about to cry any moment. "You're in Korea!" Wow, Cora thought. Way to state the obvious.

She might look different, but that doesn't change the past. Bella swore that she'll never forgive her. Not until she dies.

"Mianhamnida. You must be thinking of a different person." Bella kept her cold demeanor. She just rebuilded the dam in her eyes. She wasn't going to let it break down again.

"I don't have a sister." She continued. Bella wondered why it breaks her heart to say those words.

She turned away from Cora. She didn't want her to see her eyes. She didn't want her to know that she's still in pain because of what she did. She didn't want her to know... that she missed her. She started to walk.

"Wait!" Cora grabbed her sister's arm. "Please... I want to talk to you." she said, her voice faltering. She was sobbing. A noise interrupted. It was growing louder and louder as it came closer and closer. It drowned the sound of Cora's sobs. It was the siren from the police's car.

"Thank you for calling the police." The guy bowed politely, obviously awestricken by Bella's beauty. "We shouldn't let criminals like him wander around causing trouble in the city."

Bella bowed in return. "Ne." She took a glimpse at Cora, who's wiping her tear-stained cheeks.

"We should be going, then." Says the policeman, still smiling. "Have a good evening."

The siren went softer and softer, until it couldn't be heard anymore.

Bella was having an internal debate whether or not she should talk to Cora. "If you're going to say something, then go ahead while I'm still listening."

"N-Not here. Why don't we go inside and have some hot beverages at the cafeteria?" Cora suggested. Her eyes almost went sparkly if it was possible. It's as if she was filled with bright, shimmering... hope.

Bella stared at her beverage. She then glanced at the transparent glass wall, where she can see Cora sending eight men to a black van. She stared at her hot cocoa for a few more seconds.

"I'm sorry that took so long." Cora sighed. "Those guys... Oh. You still haven't touched your drink. You don't like it?"

"Huh? Oh. No. It's fine. It's just..." Bella took a sip from her mug. "I can't believe you remembered."

Cora smiled. "Well, I just never forgot." she giggled. "You never drink coffee."

Bella cleared . "So let's get down to business. What were you going to say?"

"Okay... Um... Since when did you move to Korea?"

"Two years ago." Bella said. She wanted to ask Cora the same but she pretended to look at her wristwatch. "Is that all?"

"Uh, no! Well, just in case you're wondering, I just came here yesterday." Her sister exclaimed. Cora scratched the back of her neck. "Um, how do I say this? Uh... Pa called and he said that you were having trouble finding a job so..."

Bella nearly choke on her hot cocoa. "WHAT?!" she shouted, capturing people's attention. "Why would he tell you that?!— Oh, never mind. There's no point arguing about it."

"So, are you?" Cora clarified.

"Yeah, so what—"

Cora's grin went from ear to ear. "PERFECT! I've got this perfect job for you! I think you'll love it!" She stood up from her seat.

"WHAT?" Bella asked. "How are you so sure that I'll accept—" 

Cora grabbed Bella by the wrist and pulled her up. "No need for appointments. Interview starts now!"

Cora dragged her all the way from the escalator to the third floor. They arrived at a magnificent door. Cora patted down Bella's hair, and by the way, Bella was shocked by the sudden contact. She fixed her coat, applied lipstick, and pushed her into the room.

Bella wondered what job she was applying for. Tch. Cora didn't even explain it. A man awkwardly sat there, looking surprised.

Bella cleared . "Annyeong haseyo!" she awkwardly waved her hand. "My name is Choi Bella. And I'm here to apply for a... job?"

"Phew." The man let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad she found a replacement. Please sign here!"

"Uh, wait! What am I applying for?" Bella asked.

The man tilted his head in confusion. "Oh, aren't you applying for EXO's manager?"

"EXO? What's an EXO?"

"EXO is a boy band." The man sighed. "Did you even do your research before you apply?"

"Uh, yes?" Bella said, a bit guilty for lying. "Um, can I ask a question? Do you know Choi Cora—"

"Ah, yes. She's been recently hired as a makeup artist and stylist."

Bella smiled a bit. Tss. Of course. It makes sense.

She signed her name on the contract. "So when do I start?"