08:

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the water flowing on the stream is overpowering the silence between Tzuyu and I. No one dares to talk between us, we just let our fingers entwined together as I caress her hand with my thumb, wanting to say something that my mouth can't come to say out loud, that everything will be just fine. 

 

The sky is gloomy as if it's sympathizing over our mixed feelings, the little animals that are usually running around seemed to be hiding, not wanting to witness how melancholic our feelings are.

 

Today, the traveler that goes by the name Dahyun arrived at the village. People are very happy to see her and excited for her new stories about the places that she's been for the past few months. I haven't had a chance to talk to her for she's like a celebrity with a lot of fans to entertain.

 

The villagers even welcomed her with a bunch of food like when we had that fiest back then.

 

" you will finally get to go home " Tzuyu softly said, resting her head on her knees. I gently squeezed her hand making her look at me, she smiled at me yet her eyes were sad— I hate not seeing her bright and happy eyes.

 

" yeah... " I softly said, not breaking the eye contact between us. If back then, I always avoid looking at her eyes, now, I would kill just to keep on looking at that beautiful pair of eyes. I don't want to shift my eyes away from her.

 

I should be feeling happy that Dahyun has come back and I will have the chance to go back to my own place but I don't feel that way at all. Now I know that I will have to leave someone here, I doubt about even going out of this place.

My heart has become fond of this place that I want to stay so badly but then the image of my father keeps running across my mind, he only has me as his family and if I won't come back, he'll be alone. Sure, I despise my father for putting a leash on my neck and controlling me as he pleases but still, he's my father and I can't change that fact.

 

" you'll see your father again, he probably misses you so much " I hummed as a response.

 

The silence has crept once again between us until I heard soft sobs coming from Tzuyu— why do I always have to witness her crying? I was shocked to see her tears continuously escaping out of her eyes— I panicked a bit until I decided to pull her into my arms, she buried her face on the crook of my neck as she cries her eyes out.

 

My heart is hurting so much... what should I do?

 

" hush " I cooed, caressing her back to calm her down " stop crying, hearing you cry makes my heart hurt so much " I said. I also can feel my eyes burning, wanting to cry along with her but I prevented myself, I don't want to give any heavy feelings to her anymore.

 

" I'm not planning on crying because I know how you hate seeing me cry but having the thought of you leaving... I can't help it " she said between her sobs, gently shaking her head on my neck.

 

I don't know what to say to comfort her or what to do so I just continued to caress her back and hold her until she somehow calmed down. 

 

When she stopped crying, I held her shoulders to slightly pull her away from me. I looked at her straight into her eyes— I sighed at the sight of her puffy eyes. I bit my lip as I think of something to somehow ease away the loneliness that she's feeling. Think Mina Myoui! Think! 

 

I let go of her for a second and removed my necklace to put it around her neck " I want you to have this " I smiled at her.

 

I had that necklace since I was in middle school and I refuse to change it even I have a lot of jewelry— more beautiful ones. For me, that necklace holds a lot of memories and that has been with me through my hard times.

 

" while I'm not with you I would like for you to wear this— hopefully, it will somehow make you feel that I'm just right by your side " I gently rub her arms " I know this is not enough to make your sadness go away, but don't worry because I promise you that I'll come back for you as soon as I can " I smiled at her, assuring her that I will definitely fulfill my promises. 

 

My necklace holds my initials on it and seeing my necklace on her makes me feel like I own her— that she already does belongs to me. I like it, it looks good on her.

 

" it's really weird how I feel like millions of butterflies are flying all over my stomach whenever I'm with you— whenever I get drown looking at your eyes " she innocently said and leaned closer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter