04:

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up due to some loud noises. I looked at the clock, it's already 9 am— I missed the breakfast, I sighed at myself. Before I may go down I decided to wash up and clean up the room a little bit.

 

" eh? " I exclaimed confusedly when I saw no one when I walked out of my room. No one's in the kitchen, living room and Tzuyu's not in her room either. Where is she? I wondered.

 

I went out of the house and saw a lot of people preparing different things— what's happening? I also then saw Jihyo and Tzuyu from afar. I walk towards their direction.

 

" Oh! You're awake, good morning " Tzuyu greeted me when she noticed my presence beside her. 

 

" what's happening? " I asked her.

 

" we're preparing for a little feast, our village often do this once every month or two as a form of showing gratitude to the heavens for the crops that we've received " Jihyo answered my question. I just nodded my head and quietly watched them do their works— this will be the first time I'll ever experience this kind of feast... it's really odd in here.

 

" have you eaten breakfast? " Tzuyu asked as she slightly tilts her head to look at me " I left some bread on the table "  she added. Whenever I didn't cook for breakfast she will most likely eat bread, she really loves to eat bread more than anything.

 

" I haven't, I immediately went out when I didn't saw you inside the house " I answered her.

 

" ahh... I'm sorry, I didn't get to tell you that I'll be going out because you look so peaceful on your sleep earlier " oh, she went inside my room whilst I'm asleep. Did I drool? I hope I didn't. I shyly smiled at her and nodded my head.

 

" I don't want to disturb you " she explained— she doesn't really need to explain about it. It feels weird, it makes me feel like we're a newlywed couple in this kind of situations.

 

" you should go back and eat now, it's bad to leave your stomach empty " she worriedly said.

 

" I will in a minute, I will prepare our lunch as well. By the way, about this feast— I mean, what's going to happen exactly? " I asked with total interest.

 

I saw her lips perched up, she brightly smiled at me and even held my hand as she excitedly tells me what's going to happen later, detail by detail.

 

" in the evening we, all the villagers will eat together. There will be some who will sing and perform, and at the end of the feast we will fly a lantern with our wishes on it— we will tie the paper with our wishes and let it fly on the sky " she excitedly told me.

 

I unconsciously smiled, I realized how my smile has gone very wide as I saw my reflection on her eyes. It's very entertaining to see her excited side, how her voice goes high whenever she tells me how things will go, her eyes sparkle when she talks about the foods and more. Little by little, I am getting to know every side she has and I want to continue knowing her more.

 

" you will do it with me, right? It's a very long time since I had someone who will fly a lantern with me... " she paused for a second and shyly looked at me " you'll do it with me, don't you? " she said with hopeful eyes— how can I refuse if she looks at me this way and why would I refuse? It's just flying lanterns... it wouldn't be that hard, right?

 

" sure " I smiled back at her.

 

I left Tzuyu along with the villagers who are preparing for the event later this day. I'm going to prepare a simple lunch for Tzuyu and I. I'm going to cook as fast as I can so I can help them outside. 

 

" that looks good " I was startled to see Jihyo beside me. I was too focused on what I'm doing that I fail to notice her.

 

" I went here to pick the knife— you seem to be very focused that you fail to notice me even I'm calling your name out " she chuckled and went on reaching for the knife.

 

" Tzuyu seem to be very excited for tonight and I assume that's because of you, I really am thankful for you being here " she added with a very warm and soft smile, a motherly one I may say.

 

" why is it a big deal? I mean it's just flying some lantern " I asked her with confusion on my eyes.

 

" one family is equivalent to one lantern— Tzuyu has been flying her lantern for years now without anyone beside her " I felt a pang on my heart, imagine how sad it had been for her. For some reason, I want to make her happy this day and for the following days that I would spend my day with her.

 

" That kid has been very lonely every time this feast comes but today will be the first time in many years, it's the first time I saw her being so excited about this again " I can see the happiness on Jihyo's eyes as she thinks about Tzuyu's happiness. She really does stand as Tzuyu's mother even their age are only years apart.

 

As the sun sets everyone starts to get busy preparing the foods, tending to children on this village and preparing the mini stage that they have for the performances that the villagers will do. Looking at these people makes me realize how organized and unified they are. I wish every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter