03:

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week since I got stuck in this village— I'm not going to say that I like it here but I'm not hating it either. This place is just so peaceful, beautiful and the people that are in this place are very friendly. The people are really helping me to somehow adjust to the new environment. The only odd thing and downside about this place is the lack of technology.

 

" are you and Tzuyu getting along? " Jihyo asked. We're in the garden area that the villagers have. This is where they plant vegetables and fruits. 

 

" ah— how should I say this... " I paused for a second " we're good but we're not really that close? " I honestly said. 

 

It's been a week since I started living in Tzuyu's house but we never had a proper talk about ourselves to make the atmosphere less awkward than it is. She's so quiet and so do I— I feel easily embarrassed whenever I try to approach her, maybe I do feel intimidated by her.

 

" aigoo, that kid never change " Jihyo said and slowly shook her head. I just gave her a smile.

 

As I am busy on plucking some fresh tomatoes I saw her walk towards my side— 

 

" the sun is getting strong, you should have brought some hat or something to cover up your skin " she said and gently put a straw hat on my head.

 

" ah— you don't have to " I refused but she insisted on me to wear it. The sun is indeed so strong today and I can feel the heat on my head and skin but I'm worried about her as well since she gave me her hat.

 

" I hope you can be friends with Tzuyu, that kid always keep on having her walls high with everyone which makes her have a hard time. She's a kind and beautiful kid, I see her as my younger sister and it's really frustrating to see her being that way " Jihyo said. I can see that she's very worried about Tzuyu. She has that motherly love for everyone, even for me who she just met— it's nice having someone like her.

 

" where are her parents? I mean... I haven't seen them around " I curiously asked Jihyo because Tzuyu really does live alone in that big house. 

 

" uhh... her parents died when she's still young " Jihyo hesitated to answer me and I realized how sensitive my question was.

 

" my parents and her parents are very good friends so when they died we practically became her family, but she refuses to live with us. She holds a huge memory of her parents in that house that she can't leave it even she may feel lonely about staying alone in that house "

 

Jinhyo smiled at me, her eyes were filled with relief and happiness " you know, I'm very thankful and happy that you appeared, not that I'm being happy with what has happened to you. It's just I'm happy that Tzuyu is not alone anymore even for a little bit of time "

 

After we finished picking up fresh vegetables and fruits, we bid our goodbyes to each other. I'm walking home with a basket full of fresh foods— gosh this is heavy!

 

I heard someone called me, I turned around to look " annyeong Mina " I saw Jeongyeon and waved my hand at her but due to it, the heavy basket slipped on my hand. Jeongyeon immediately rushed in my direction and helped me pick up the fruits.

 

" ahh— thank you " I said after we finish picking everything up.

 

" I should help you " she said and carried the basket although I said that I can manage it.

 

I met Jeongyeon on the third day of my stay here, she's a very kind person, she loves to help people in need and she's like the counterpart of Jihyo— she has that father like aura in her.

 

" I can take it in here— " I said and she handed me the basket " thank you " I slightly bowed my head.

 

" say hello to Tzuyu for me " she smiled and I nodded my head as I wave goodbye to her.

 

I entered the house and the delicious smell of food welcomed me. I gently placed the basket on the corner and walked to the kitchen. I found Tzuyu on her apron, busily cooking. I then quietly arranged the table to help her—

 

" Oh! You scared me " she exclaimed and she slightly smiled at me. I don't know what to respond so I kept a stiff face—  should I brightly say that I'm home? Explain where I've gone? This is hard.

 

" the food is ready, you should sit down " she softly said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter