05:

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" are you going somewhere? " I asked Tzuyu when I saw her wearing unusual from her daily clothes and putting some foods in the basket that we have.

 

" yes, do you want to come with me? " she asked and smiled at me.

 

I was very tempted to say yes but I don't want to invade her private time if she's going to meet someone or if she's going to visit some friend, so I declined— I don't want to disturb them as they ask each other how're their own lives are doing.

 

" ah... " I scratched the back of my head " I should probably not, I'll just go to Jihyo's house while you're not around " I responded and she just slightly nodded her head.

 

" be careful on your way out " I said before leaving the house to go to Jihyo's. 

 

The day could be considered as not so good for others but for me, I love this kind of weather— not sunny, not raining, just right. The sky is dark but the rain is not dropping off the sky. The temperature is just right as well so I really love this kind of weather.

 

" Jihyo! " I approached her from afar when I saw her watering the flowers that have been blooming in front of her house.

 

" Oh, good afternoon Mina " she brightly greeted me back when I reached her direction.

 

" something happened? Why are you here? " she asked and I just shook my head with a smile.

 

I kneeled in front of her flowers, carefully touching it as I get amazed at how beautiful they become— why do I feel like flowers and crops grow faster in this place?

 

" nothing— I have nothing to do in the house, Tzuyu will go out today " I responded but when I noticed her silence I looked up and saw her in her deep thoughts.

 

I stood up, wiping off some dirt from my knees before asking her what's wrong.

 

" I completely forgot... it's Tzuyu's parent's death anniversary today " she bit her lip as she looks very worried, I then recall how melancholic Tzuyu's eyes earlier despite giving me a smile— how can I not notice that something might be going on with this day? I scolded myself. I don't have any idea that today is very sad day for the latter— obviously.

 

I immediately turned my back on Jihyo and rashly said my goodbye as I rush back to our house.

 

I run as fast as I could, silently praying that Tzuyu's still at home. When I reached the house, I was gasping for air due to my running but I quickly felt the relief when I saw Tzuyu just right in front of the house, locking the door. I sighed to myself, mentally patting my back and smiled brightly before approaching her.

 

" Oh! You scared me! " Tzuyu exclaimed when she saw me standing beside her. I took the basket in her hands and she looked at me confusedly.

 

" I changed my mind. I want to go with you, can I? " she smiled and softly uttered " thank you " as she nods her head.

 

We started to walk— it's my first time leaving the village and it's fascinating to see that there's more place that I can explore in the woods.

 

We're walking like 30 minutes now and Tzuyu's not stopping. I can feel my arms slowly getting tired because of the heavy basket— what did Tzuyu even put on this basket? Why do I feel like I'm lifting weights!?

 

She stopped from walking and looked at me. She walked towards me and took out a piece of cloth on her pocket and reached for my face, she gently wiped the sweat on my face. It was so gentle and she was so close to me that I almost forget how to breathe, I can smell her fragrance from the close distance of our body " we're almost there " she softly said.

 

When she continued on walking again, I deliberately took 2 steps behind her as I gasp for air desperately, it was as if I drowned. 

 

Another 10 more minutes and we arrived at— a stream? I thought it's Tzuyu's parent's death anniversary? Aren't we going to a cemetery or something?

 

Tzuyu grabbed the basket from me and placed it on the ground. She took out a big cloth for us to sit and to place the foods that she brought from home.

 

I'm just looking at her doing those as I think of what the hell is happening... is this how they do it? I mean in the city we will light some candles or visit the cemetery.

 

" you can sit down now " she said and patted the empty space beside her. Despite the confusion, I just silently sat beside her without any questions.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter