Different

Heart Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11: Different

 

Saturday evening, as Daniel was closing the restaurant with the others, suddenly came a man with a leather jacket riding a big bike and then parked it in front of the restaurant.

Niel glanced briefly. He recognized the bike in one look.

"Niel!" Greeted the man after opening his helmet, making Daniel immediately stopped his activities and immediately met him.

"Yes, Seokhoon hyung." greeted Daniel back with a little worry on his face. That man is a loyal customer of Dongho's shop that he really respected. He worried that Seokhoon might be disappointed with the results of his modifications on the bike that he just rode.

"I hear you helped Dongho take care of Babyblade?" he asked flatly.

When Seokhoon mentioned it, Daniel immediately felt weak. Am I making a mistake?

"I checked, its sound is okay, but I'm still not satisfied with his power. Maybe you can add more power.” He said coldly.

Daniel nodded. "Ah, well Hyung, I'll try to fix it."

"Yeah, you just handle Babyblade.. Let Dongho focus on taking care of my other bike .." he said casually, but enough to surprise Daniel.

"Oh I-I handle it?"

Seokhoon nodded. "Yeah, if you want to use it to hook a girl, just use it. Though it’s old series, but she's still pretty right?" He said with a little laughing. Dongho must have been told him a strange story.

Daniel was still bewildered. "Ah .. y-yes, hyung .."

Seokhoon then threw something at Daniel. "This is the key. You can use the bike directly in this Saturday night."

Daniel caught the key still with a look of disbelief. "Oh Hyung, t-this?"

"I sent her to you, Niel." Said Seokhoon while entering into a luxury black sports car driven by his friend.

When Seokhoon's car was gone from view, the other children immediately approached Daniel.

"Woaaah .. Hyung, Daebak!"

"The new bike! New motorbike! New motorbike! "

"Hyung, take me for a ride!"

Daniel could only smile holding the key while staring at the motorbike parked in front of the restaurant. Is this a dream?

.

.

00

.

.

Daniel immediately took his dream blue motorbike to get around Seoul. He felt very happy his wish came true.

Did God deliver my request to Seokhoon hyung?

Aaaah I’m really happy ..

Somehow he remembered Seongwoo. Actually he wanted to meet him, showing off the blue motor and then taking him around Seoul. For Daniel, using a motorcycle to get around Seoul is another definition of going around the world that Seongwoo used to talk about a long time ago. He wanted to take him flying without being in an airplane.

But then Daniel realized, he couldn’t have done that. He still remembered that he had to keep the distance between them.

 

Daniel deliberately passed the New East Tour & Travel building and saw from a distance that there was no activity in the building. I think he is having a good weekend with his friends right now. He thought with a smile.

 

After feeling enough with going around Seoul, Daniel then chose to return the bike to the garage. "Enough for today Baby, tomorrow we’ll ride again." Said Daniel on the bike before leaving the garage.

.

.

00

.

.

He walked into the restaurant cheerfully, still in the euphoria of getting the motorbike earlier. He didn’t think that someone would welcome him in the rooftop house, ready to take steps to cut the distance.

 

Daniel fell silent as he set foot on the rooftop where he lived.

"Woah, hyung, you're on time!"

"Hyung, come here quick!"

Not because of the loud noise of Woojin or Jihoon who called him, but because there was someone with his typical smile, greeted him warmly.

 

The man obscured everything around him, took Daniel's focus and made his heart pound. What is he doing here?

"Niel, don’t only stand there, come over here!” Jisung's call interrupted his mind for a moment.

Daniel walked over to those who gathered in the wide wooden seats that are often used as a gathering place. Jisung gave him space to sit, opposite to Seongwoo.

"Hi, we meet again .." Seongwoo greeted him kindly, hoping the person whom he greeted will greet him back. But Daniel only responded with a quick nod. He looked awkward.

"What’s wrong with you? Just take the pizza, before Jaehwan eat it all, "Jisung said to Daniel like a mother.

"Ah, yes .. just later, Hyung .."

Daniel's answer made Jisung and the others startled. "Eh ???"

"Don’t you like pizza?" Seongwoo's question made him more nervous.

"Daniel loves pizza, Mister! He could have spent a box of the pizza by himself if he didn’t remember his brother. He has a huge appetite!." Jaehwan answered Seongwoo’s question while chewing his pizza hungrily.

"Yeah, usually these two fools will fight each other barbarously." Add Sungwoon while pointing at Daniel and Jaehwan.

"As you got the motorbike, now the pizza is not interesting anymore, Niel?" Minhyun asked, teasing Daniel. At that time, Daniel just realized his presence. Aaah, so Minhyun hyung who invited him here.

Jinyoung who sat next to Minhyun said to Daniel. "Hyung, later take me ride with that bike .."

Haven’t had time to respond, Daniel must be shocked again with Seongwoo’s respond.

"I want it to! I want it to!" Said Seongwoo suddenly, raising his hand like a little kid. "I don’t think I've ever been riding a motorbike in my entire life." Seongwoo said that innocently while laughing, making Daniel's heart feel warm. If he is really Seongwoo hyung, his laughter doesn’t change.

"Why, Niel, why don’t you say anything?" Minhyun broke his mind.

"Yeah, why are you so quiet like this? Usually you’re always smiling, laughing even over a little thing. Today you're really different, Niel." Added Jisung while watching Daniel.

Daniel could only give them a forced smile, he was still confused about how to behave in the presence of the man named Sean Ong.

Fortunately, the focus of the conversation is distracted by Jaehwan. "Mister, please continue your story about America earlier .."

Seongwoo replied while holding back laughter to hear Jaehwan calling him Mister. "Just call me Sean.."

"Ok, ok." Jaehwan replied briefly while showing gesture to permit Seongwoo to continue his story.

"Yeah, America is just like that .. not much different from Seoul. High buildings, bustling streets. The only difference is the faces of the people. " Seongwoo explained in relax.

But Jaehwan responded with enthusiasm, "Wow the women must be pretty, right?"

Jaehwan's question made everyone laugh.

Minhyun even tapped his forehead. "Why are you asking things like that? You should ask if there's a scholarship there, or what. Sean is a New York University alumnus, one of the top universities in America."

Now Jinyoung was the one who responding, "Woah! Just like Seoul National University?"

Seongwoo immediately moved his hands crossed. "Ah .. no .. no .. I guess it might be harder to get SNU than NYU .. The education system in Korea is difficult, right?"

"Yeah, that's right, Hyung!" Woojin and Jihoon responded quickly.

Although the topic has changed to the educational system, a man named Kim Jaehwan still can relate it with women. "It must be lots of pretty girls on your campus, too, Mister?"

"Yaah, Kim Jaehwan!" Madame Jisung shouted in dismay, making everyone laugh, except for Daniel.

Daniel was still preoccupied with his thoughts about Seongwoo living happily in America, being able to study at a prestigious college campus. Very much different from him.

"Are you a mix blood? Your face isn’t very oriental." Sungwoon's question managed to restore Daniel's focus.

"I’m not, but my dad is." Seongwoo replied casually, but powerful enough to cause great shock in Daniel's heart.

Dad? He has a dad?

"Do you have a sister?" Now Woojin asked.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter