Chapter 3 - Man In Love

Infinite Love

Soojung was wandering around looking for the way to her house. She went out to a nearby department store, but since she is not familiar with Seoul yet, she got lost. Usually, her father would drive and pick her up, but not today. Her father went out for work with her mother, so she decided to go alone, since she is bored at home anyway. She hadn’t found any work yet in Seoul, and her parents want her to rest first before working.

Her watch was showing 11pm already. She had been wandering around for three hours. Soojung tried to call her parents but none of them picked up the phone call. ‘Are they still in a meeting?’ She thought as she looks around. The alley to her house is quiet and dark. She bites her nails as she is very nervous.

          “Hey there! You looked y and pretty tonight. Where are you going, baby?” A guy stopped her, which makes her more nervous. Her parents had warned her that she should be home by 9pm, as it gets more dangerous at night, especially for her, who is not familiar yet with the environment.

Soojung looked and scanned the guy as he smiles widely. “S-s-sorry, but I guess you found the wrong person. I’m not-“ Before she could finish her sentence, the guy had already cover and dragged her to a desolate place. All that she could do was screaming.

The guy threw her to a wall. “Yaahh, why are you so strong?” He squats in front of her while caressing her hair. “Don’t cry, baby~” He Soojung’s thighs to calm her, and went on to undress her blouse. Soojung suddenly screams harder, which makes the guy flabbergasted.

          “Sshhhh.” He covered up , while the other hand still undressing her. She tried to screams as hard as possible.

A group of guys saw them, and they ran to them almost immediately. Some of the guys pulled the guy and punched him in the face.

          “Soojungie?” One of the guy came over to help Soojung.

Soojung looked up to the guy. “J-jongin-ah!” She immediately hugged him and cried on his shoulder.

          “Sshhh, it’s okay. I am here.” Jongin her hair as he calmed her. “What are you doing late at night like this, Soojung-ah?”

          “I was lost. I went out to a department store this afternoon, and I can’t find my house.” Soojung sniffles as she hugged Jongin tightly.

          “Where is your address? I’ll accompany you.” Little did he knew, his heart almost burst when Soojung hugged him tightly.

 

-

-

 

The next day, the gang met up in the usual café.

          “Soojung-ah, are you okay?” Jongin, who has just arrived, immediately went to her.

          “Ahhh, yes, I’m okay. Thank you for yesterday night.” She smiled at him, earning a questionable look from the other guys.

          “Oi, Jongin! Don’t tell me you-“ Suho’s hand has already covered up Chen’s mouth before he could finish his sentence. Jongin rolled his eyes inwardly as he sits next to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nudge Jongin. “Did you ask her already?”

          “What are you talking about?” Jongin shrugs as he sips his coffee.

          “What else!” Chanyeol rolled her eyes. “Don’t pretend to be innocent in front of the girls, we all know what you usually do already, hellooo~”

          “Of course, no, Chanyeol hyung!”

          “Then, what were you talking about just now?” Sehun wiggled his eyebrows.

          “It’s a different story. The thing is I’m not going to do anything to the girls in our gang.” He throws himself to the couch.

 

-

-

 

          “Eomma, have you seen my high school graduation photobook?” Jongin was still searching for some more photos or any traces about the girl in the photo he found a few days ago.

          “I don’t know, why are you asking for it as if you graduated a month ago.” Said Jongin’s mom, shaking his head.

          “Did you sell it? I need that!” He holds his head in frustration.

          “No, I didn’t. Go search in the warehouse, maybe dad put it there. And why do you even need that now?”

Jongin was really curious about the girl in the photo. Yes, he did date so many girls, but he was never the type to keep their photos. In fact, half of the relationship was not a serious one, more of like, the girl was just being used by Jongin. He was a really mischievous guy before until now. He was interested with the girls’ body, not their money or wealth. Most of all the girls he dated, he was the one asking for a break up.

He went to the warehouse, which is located in another level of the building. The family had another unit in the building to put the things that are mostly unused. He was about to enter the elevator, when someone called him.

          “Jongin-ah?” He looked at the direction from where the sound is coming from.

          “Soojung!” Kai waved to the said girl. “Are you visiting someone?” They enter the elevator.

          “Yeah, my cousin lives here. I was visiting her because her baby is turning one-year old today.” Krystal nodded as she pressed the lobby button. “Do you happen to live here?”

          “Ah, yes.” Jongin rubbed his nape as he suddenly feels awkward. “Are you going somewhere?”

          “Eummm, I’m just going home. How about you?”

          “Not really. Do you want to grab something to eat?”

          “Sure! I’m hungry anyway, I didn’t get the chance to eat just now, because I was busy playing with the baby.” Krystal lets out a soft chuckle.

 

-

-

 

Since then, they went out together quite often. In fact, they meet up with each other almost every day. Jongin started to develop feelings for Soojung.

Just like any other day, they meet up again today. They planned to meet up at an amusement park at Seoul. This is Jongin’s first visit to an amusement park with a girl. He had never want to go to a theme park with his girlfriend. The reason behind it is because it is troublesome, he thought. Especially if the girl wanted to go to a haunted house then end up crying inside. Well, he was never once truly loved all the girl he dated. So, he didn’t want to end up being in that kind of situation.

That day was different though. Jongin was the one who suggested it. They spent the day trying to play all the games available. Jongin and Soojung even went to the haunted house, but Soojung didn’t end up crying. In fact, Jongin was the one who’s afraid, and Soojung leads him.

As they enjoyed the game, the sun had already disappeared. They sit in one of the benches available as they talk to each other, when suddenly something dropped to Soojung’s hair. It was a snow. Yes, it was the first snow of the year. Jongin used this opportunity to confess his feelings to Soojung.

          “Soojung-ah.” Soojung turns her head to look at Jongin.

          “Yes?”

Jongin suddenly kneeled in front of Soojung while holding a bouquet of flowers. “Do you want to be my girlfriend?” He said, as he smiles.

The flabbergasted Soojung looked around to see if anyone is looking at them. She takes the bouquet and grinned in satisfaction.

          “Is that a yes?” His lips curve up seeing Soojung’s face.

          “How do you know lavenders are my favorite?” Soojung leaned closer towards the bouquet and smelled the fragrance of the lavenders.

          “Well, I just choose the flowers that best represent you.” He chuckled. Soojung simply smiled in return and turned her face to admire the lavenders again. She was still busy relishing the smell of the aromatic flowers when she felt a pair of a soft lips on her cheeks, which made her cheeks to turn pinkish.

 

-

-

 

          “Woohooo, finally, our number one bachelor got a girlfriend.” Chanyeol shouts when Jongin and Soojung enters the usual café, which made the other customers turned to the new couple.

          “Chanyeol hyung, shut up!” Jongin bowed awkwardly and apologize to the others.

          “Yo, congratulations! I hope you don’t have to find a one-night stander anymore.” Sehun pokes and wink to Jongin. The latter simply glared to his best friend.

          “Congrats, Soojungie!” Sunyoung hugged her childhood friend tightly.

The gang celebrated the day for the new couple. They went to a karaoke and spend the night drinking together. Little did Soojung knew, Jongin had a bad drinking habit. And Jongin being Jongin, he never fixes his bad habit. Kim Minseok, or better known as Xiumin, stopped Jongin’s fifth bottle of alcohol before he got drunk, or else, something bad might happen, which he didn’t want to. Suho hoped that Soojung will never see Jongin’s bad drinking habits. Unfortunately, a little hope is just a hope.