Chapter 2 - That Winter

Infinite Love

          “Yah, Jongin-ah! Can you clean you room? How many years haven’t you clean your room?” Jongin’s mom shouted, while cleaning the living room. “How do you live in that kind of environment?” She shook her head.

          “Can’t you help me clean it, Mom? I am very busy right now.” Jongin is very lazy when it comes to cleaning, but don’t get him wrong. He never leaves the first place when he was in school, despite him being very naughty.

          “Busy? Busy playing game, is it?” His mom suddenly went into his room and smacked his head. “Look at your brothers, they always help me whenever I am cleaning.”

          “Aish! Eomma!” He stood up while holding his head in pain. “Fine, I’ll clean it.”

Finally, Jongin cleans his room after only-God-knows when was the last time he cleaned his room. He was cleaning the pile of books stacked beside his bookshelf, when a photo fell from one of the book he was holding. He scanned the photo and it shows the back of a couple hugging each other in a park, with a handwritten message, ‘I am sorry. I will always love you.’ The guy in the picture is obviously him, but he’s not sure who the girl is. Well, he is known as a playboy back in school. Throughout his high school years only, he had eight girlfriends, with the longest being nine months; let alone the ones who were not in a serious relationship. Curious with who the girl in the photo is, he tried to find another photo in between the books. But, he did not find any other photos. He decided to leave the photo on his desk.

 

-

-

 

Jongin and the gang were back at the usual café. He immediately went to the cashier counter and ordered a drink. Little did he know, the girl who’s in the counter was Sulli.

          “Oh, Jongin-sshi, you are back!” Sulli said lazily.

          “Yeah.” He replied simply.

          “How was your night at the club that day? Was it fun? I saw you with two ladies, you must have been heart broken, I guess.”

          “How did you know?” Jongin widened his eyes. “Perhaps, you followed and stalked me?” He gave her a smirking smile. “Did you feel sorry to me and want to apologize?” He wiggles his eyebrows.

          “Eeww, as if.” Sulli rolled her eyes inwardly, while busy making the coffee Jongin ordered. “I was working at the club that night, and I saw you. It wasn’t surprising though, to see you there.”

          “Well, it’s more surprising for you to be working at a club.” Jongin leaned closer to scan Sulli closer.

          “They needed more part-timer that night and I don’t have any choice.” Sulli shrugged and gave the coffee to Jongin. “Here’s your Iced Caramel Macchiato. Can’t you just order something simple, next time?” She rolled her eyes again.

          “Hey, I am your customer, okay! Customer is the king here!” Jongin poked her arms jokingly. “Well, I purposely order something complicated so that I can see at you longer.” He winked his eyes towards Sulli, earning a soft curse from the girl.

          “Your friend is waiting for you. Shoo, go back to your gang!” Sulli waved her hand to Jongin as if sending him out.

          “See you again in the near future, Sulli!” Jongin wiggles his eyebrows, giving her a flirty smile.

 

-

-

 

          “Yo, guys!” Jongin sits on one of the empty chair. “I’m sorry, I was busy just now.”

          “Busy flirting with girls, is it?” Chanyeol rolls his eyes inwardly. Jongin grins in reply.

Seeing Krystal sitting while chatting with the rest of the gang, made Jongin wondering again; one, about Krystal, and two, about the girl on the picture he found in the morning. He was sitting there quietly and staring at Krystal the whole time, earning a questionable look from the guys.

          “Oi, Jongin!” Sehun nudged Jongin who was sitting beside him.

          “Y-y-yes?” Jongin, who was taken aback, jumped from his seat. The group erupted in laughter.

          “So, Soojung-ah, which high schools you went before?” Suho asked Krystal to calm the situation.

          “Oh, she went to Hanlim Multi Arts High School.” Luna answered it almost immediately. The group looks at her in confusion, but Luna pretends to looks clueless.

          “Really?” Jongin who was sitting quietly, finally opens up his mouth.

          “Eummm, yes.” Krystal nodded slowly while looking at Luna, as she smiled back.

          “I went there, also! Actually, Sehun, and I went to the same school. What class were you in?” Jongin answered excitedly.

          “Uhhh…” Krystal couldn’t answer Jongin’s question.

          “She was in class 12 – 3!” Luna helped Krystal to answer it.

          “Yah, Sunyoung-ah, I want to hear from her, not from you!” Jongin glares at Luna. “How do you know everything about her? I thought you went to School of Performing Arts Seoul? Did you secretly go to our school also?” Jongin bombarded Luna with the questions, which make Luna startled.

          “Well, I am her friends since childhood, so I know anything about her! And no, I did not secretly go to your school.” Luna shrugged it off.

          “Anyway, you were in class 12 – 3? We are neighbor then! We were in class 12 – 2. I don’t really remember you, though.” Jongin tilts his head. “Do you remember anyone by the name Jung Soojung, Sehun-ah?” Jongin shifts his head to look at Sehun. Sehun shook his head in reply.

          “Uhhh, I was a very shy girl that time, so maybe everyone never noticed me.” Krystal rubs her nape while grinning awkwardly.

          “You must be a really shy girl, then. Knowing that Kai was a playboy back then. He used to date almost all of the girls in our school.” Sehun said while laughing, earning a slap in the face.

 

-

 

Jongin and Suyeon met up at the park they usually meet. It was snowing. It was the first now of the year. Suyeon cannot be anymore happier than this; first, the snow came earlier than any other year, and second, she can spend the first snow with her boyfriend, Jongin.

            “Oppa, it’s snowing today.” Suyeon jumped in excitement as she catches the falling snow and plays with it.

            “Yeah.” Jongin said simply.

Suyeon continued to play with the snow and twirls around. “Are you that happy, Suyeon-ah?” Jongin rolled her eyes inwardly.

            “Of course! I am very happy to spend the first snow with you, oppa. Aren’t you happy?” She sat down beside Jongin and pouted while looking at him.

            “Suyeon-ah,” Before Jongin could finish his sentence, Suyeon pecked his lips suddenly. She just grinned in return.

            “Yes, oppa?”

            “Can I say something? I don’t know if I should say this today, but…” He stayed quiet for a while. “I think we should stop seeing each other.”

            “W-w-what? Y-you mean we should break… up?” Suyeon couldn’t believe her own ear.

            “I didn’t know it would be snowing today, and that you could be very happy to spend the first snow with me. But, yes, I guess we should break up.” He could hear Suyeon’s soft sniffles, trying to hide the fact that she is crying already. “I’m really sorry, Suyeon-ah.”

            “B-but why? Did I do something wrong?”

            “No, no, you absolutely did nothing wrong to me.” Jongin hugged Suyeon, for the last time, to soothe her.

            “Then, why?” Suyeon cried harder when Jongin hugged her.

Suyeon left Jongin alone at the park and went back home. She was so sad, angry, and all the heart-breaking emotions you could think of. She didn’t know if she ever did something wrong to Jongin, or is it that Jongin never actually loves her. Her mind completely went crazy. She could not even sleep that night.

Suyeon didn’t want to leave home for a couple of days. Jongin, being an ignorant, never notices that Suyeon is never going back to school anymore since the day he asked for a broke up. He is instead busy flirting with other girls.

Eight days after Jongin and Suyeon broke up was supposed to be their 10 months anniversary. Suyeon was dreaming on how they would spend their anniversary together like months before. Jongin would visit Suyeon at her home and brought a bouquet of flowers, not forgetting the cake. They would spend the day together, forgetting the world. But, the 10th anniversary was different. Suyeon had to spend it alone, while Jongin, for sure, would spend it with other girls.

She bought a bouquet of lavenders and a cake, and spend the day alone at her room, hoping that Jongin would suddenly knocked her room and celebrate it together. But, a hope is just a hope, Jongin never comes.

Cannot be anymore sad than she is, she decided to commit suicide. She took a bottle of pain killer and drank it in one shot. Then she took her phone charger and hang it on the fan attached to the wall of her room. She hung herself there. Luckily, her parents were all home and found her committing suicide. She was then brought to a hospital unconsciously.

She had a comma for a good five days, before waking up from her sleep. Her parents could not be any happier to see their only daughter opened her eyes.

            “Suyeon-ah!” Her parents hugged her tightly, making the latter to be startled.

Suyeon made a frowning face, seeing the strangers in front of her. “W-who are you? Where am I?”

Her parents look at each other and at Suyeon afterwards, who was still confused of the strangers in front of her. Suyeon looked at the surrounding. Her parents called the doctor, as she is awake already. Before examining her, the doctor asked her parents to stay outside first. He then examines Suyeon. After examining her with struggles, the doctor went outside of the room.

            “Are you Jung Suyeon’s guardians?”

            “Yes, we are her parents.” Suyeon’s parents answered in unison, hoping that her daughter is okay.

            “She is now healthy, so you don’t need to worry about it. She can go home tomorrow. But, the thing is, she has lost all the memories she had.” The doctor clasped his hand.

Suyeon’s mom immediately kneeled down in disbelief. “Y-you mean she had amnesia?”

            “Yes.” The doctor bowed to them and left.

            “Suyeon-ah, it’s your mom!” Suyeon’s mom ran inside the room and hug her tightly.

            “Mom?” Suyeon replied simply, tilting her head.

            “Yes, and I’m your dad!”

            “Oh, I am your childhood best friend!” Sunyoung, who heard about the accident, went to the hospital the day Suyeon committed suicide and waited for her all day.

The next day, Suyeon was brought home. Her parents hoped that Suyeon might revive her memories once she is home, but, she did not. They were happy that Suyeon could survive, but they were also sad that she didn’t have any more memories of her childhood.

The days went through just like that; her parents were really careful of what they were saying to Suyeon. Nevertheless, the family is happy again.

 

 


 

 

Just for your information, the second part of the chapter is a throwback. I purposely typed it in a different font so that you guys are not confused which one is present and which one is future. Hope you enjoy this story. ^^