Chapter 1 - Back

Infinite Love

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the plane has come to a complete stop. On behalf of Korean Airlines and the entire crew, I could like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day.”

 

She checked the time on her phone, it shows 5:45am. ‘It’s really early, hopefully the airport is not crowded,’ she thought to herself, yawning and stretching her body after a long 14 hours flight. The planes have stopped at the gate and she gathered her things. She walks out from the plane rather hurriedly, as if someone is chasing her. ‘It has been eight years since the last time I went back,’ the girl thought happily. She quickly gets through the immigration, luckily, it’s not too crowded as what she prayed before.

 

“Soojung-ah!” A voice came from afar, the said girl immediately ran to where the voice is coming from.

“Eomma! Appa!” Soojung hugs her parents tightly. “I miss you so much.”

“We miss you too, Soojungie! How was your plan ride?”

“It was good, except for the part that the flight was so long.” She pouts looking at her parents, like a kid. The latter ruffles her hair looking at her cuteness.

“Let’s go eat breakfast, you must be hungry, right?” Soojung’s mom looks for any open restaurant in the airport.

 

-

-

 

“Oi, Kim Jongin!” Sehun, who was waiting in the waiting area, called the said guy.

“Sehun-ah! Where are the others?”

“They went to have a breakfast first.” Sehun laughed seeing Jongin with his murderous face, ready to kill his friends for not waiting for him.

"What the f-…” Before Jongin could finish his sentence, Sehun pulled him to a fast food restaurant where their friends are having their breakfast.

“Woohoo, the number one bachelor is back, guys!” Chanyeol, one of the loudest, welcomed Jongin.

“Oi, shut up! People are looking at us!” Jongin cannot be more embarrassed having Chanyeol as his friend.

“So, how was your trip to US, Jongin? Was it fun?” Suho, the leader of the gang, asked him.

“Yes, it was fun.” Jongin answered him rather lazily, while looking at a significant figure sitting not so far from them.

“Did you meet any pretty girls there? Did you manage to do a one-night stand there too?” Lay, a Chinese guy who is working in Korea currently, teased Jongin.

Jongin was lost in thought seeing a girl sitting near the window, eating happily with her parents. ‘Why do she look very familiar? Did I meet her on my trip to the US?’ He thought deeply. He didn’t even realize that his friends were teasing him. He decided to just forget about it.

“Oi! What are you looking at?” Chen, also one of the loudest, snapped Jongin’s sense back, while looking at the direction Jongin was looking. “Woah, are you insane? You just got back from US and you are looking at a girl with your lust eyes already? Are you going to ask her for a one-night stand tonight?” Chen raised his eyebrows while shaking his head, looking at what his friends usually do.

“What the hell, Chen! NO!” Jongin, who had his sense back, immediately deny Chen’s question. “She just looks very familiar. I am not sure if I met her before.” Jongin continue eating his breakfast, thinking that she looks familiar because they were in the same plane just now.

 

-

-

 

Jongin arrived at a café he usually meets up with his friends. He sits at a table where the rest of the gang was sitting.

“How was last night, Jongin-ah?” Sehun asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

The sudden question made them to stay closer to listen to Jongin. He rolled his eyes showing how boring it was. The others booed and throw themselves to their respective chair.

“Yah, Jongin, get a life, would you?” Xiumin, the most normal among the group, is worried about Jongin’s life.

“Nah, thanks. I don’t want to make my life complicated. Anyway, let me grab some drinks.” Jongin stands up and went to the cashier counter to buy some drinks.

Jongin was looking at the menu when a girl stops in front of him inside the cashier counter.

"How may I help you, sir?” The girl smiled to Jongin while he was deciding which drink he’s going to buy.

 “Can I have one iced ame-“ He choked himself, seeing the girl. “One iced Americano, please.” He finishes his sentence, as he smiled to the girl, after clearing his throat.

Jongin went back to his chair, with his eyes still staring at the girl. He eyed her features while she was making his coffee. Jongin can feel that his breathe has hitched and shortened. He was breathless. She is so beautiful, her eyes are pure, her breathtaking smile, and her delicate fingers fixing her waist-length hair. Perfection was the only word that he can think of while staring at her.

Little did Jongin realize, the girl is now standing in front of him. “Here’s you iced americano, sir. Hope you enjoy the coffee!” The girl shook her head in amusement before going back to the counter, leaving the flabbergasted Jongin with his jaw hanging down in reverie.

“Oi, are you drooling?” Sehun poked the flabbergasted boy from the side; causing the latter to jumped from his seat, and making the group erupt in laughter.

“What the- no, no!” Jongin took his drink and quickly finishes his drink.

“Kai, are you okay? Are you really that thirsty?” The group looked at him in amusement when he drank the coffee in one shot.

Without answering them back, he went to the cashier counter again. But this time, not for ordering anymore drink.

“Hey.” Jongin greeted the girl, who was busy making some drinks, while admiring her.

The girl faced him and raised an eyebrow, “Hey?” She greeted back at him rather awkwardly before going back to what she was doing.

“Can I get to know you?” He winked at the girl, who was looking at him in disgust. “What’s your name, by the way?”

“My name is Choi Jinri. And just for your information, I got a boyfriend already.” Choi Jinri, or better known as Sulli, drinks the drink she made a while ago.

"Oh oh, don't get me wrong! I'm not going to asked you out. Well, although we can have some fun together." Jongin winked and leaned on the counter to look at Sulli better. “Iced green tea? You sure have a nice taste, eh?” He said, catching her attention. “But, I prefer it warm.”

Sulli rolled her eyes inwardly but decided to play along, since she is bored, anyway. “Mhmm, really?”

‘Should I ask her to come to a hotel tonight?’ Jongin grinned. Before he could even finish thinking how he should say it, Sulli leaned in closer to Jongin, making Jongin breathless for the nth time. “Sorry, but, I’m as cold as ice.” Sulli winked at Jongin. “Is that all what you got, sir?” She mocked a smile at him before going back inside the kitchen. Jongin grimaced in pain while his other friends, who saw the whole scene, laughed loudly.

 

-

-

 

“Sunyoung-ah, do you have any guy friend that you can introduce to me?” Jung Soojung asked her childhood friend.

"Well, I have some guy friends. But, I am not sure if you would like them. Since, you know, Korean guys are not as hot as Western guys.” Park Sunyoung, better known as Luna, grinned as she dreamt of hot Western guys.

"Yah! Some Korean guys are also hot, okay! And not to mention that they are cute.” They laughed together.

“I am meeting my friends tonight at a club. There is one guy that is quite handsome and popular among the girls.”

"Really? Can I join with you tonight, then? What’s his name?” Krystal jumped in excitement.

“His name is Kim Jongin.” Luna shook his head looking at Krystal who was excited alone. Little did Luna knew, that Jongin is a one-night stands.

 

-

-

 

That night, Jongin and the gang went to their regular club, due to his first turn down. For the boys, it was a celebration for whatever reason each one of them has. But for the latter, he is going to find another one-night stand to clear his thoughts. Without any further thoughts, they reserved a VVIP booth.

“There goes our number one bachelor! Wow, two ladies at once.” Chanyeol clapped seeing Jongin is surrounded by two ladies.

“Shall we call it a two-night stand?” Chen smirked at the ladies who was busy entertaining Jongin, successfully earning a punch in the stomach from Suho. “Chen-ah, you are pissing him off.”

Chen rubbed his stomach in pain and pouted, “What? Why? As if it’s our fault that he got rejected.” Chen rolled his eyes inwardly.

Jongin was busy laughing and drinking with the two ladies he asked for, when their friends, Luna arrived.

“Hi, guys! Woah, Kai, you asked for two ladies already?” Luna hugged each of the guy there, Krystal was just standing behind her, feeling confused. “Oh, and here’s my friend.”

"Hello!” Krystal greeted them rather awkwardly. “My name is Jung Soojung, but you can call me Krystal! Nice to meet you.” She gave her best smile to them.

 "Hi, Krystal!” Kyungsoo greeted her back and waved his hand.

Jongin was too busy with the two ladies to greet both Luna and Krystal. He was still busy being entertained by the two ladies. Suho poked Jongin to greet them.

“O-oh, hello!” Jongin looked at the both of them. He realized that the girl beside Luna was the girl he met in the airport a few days ago. Jongin asked the two ladies he was with just now, to go away.

“Yah, that’s so rude of you, Jongin! Are you drunk?” Baekhyun sent an apologetic smile to the two ladies as he slaps Jongin’s arm.

Jongin was staring at Krystal, which made the latter a bit uncomfortable. “Hi, are you Krystal Jung?”

“Hmmm, yeah. How do you know my name?” She smiled rather awkwardly.

“Oh, here! You left your wallet a few days ago in the airport.”

She took the wallet and checked it. Indeed, it’s Krystal’s wallet. “How did you find this? Are you… the guy…”

“Yes, yes, I am. I am the guy who helps you stand up-“

“Omo, thank you so much!” Krystal purposely stopped Kai, so as to not embarrassed her in front of the guys and her friend.

“You knew each other?” Luna asked, the other guys also nodded, looking at how Krystal and Jongin looked so close.

“Oh, we met at the airport a few days ago.” Krystal waved it off and sits.

The eleven of them sit down and drink together while chit-chatting. However, Jongin was lost in thought again. He was staring at Krystal the whole time; luckily, the said girl didn’t notice anything. She was busy talking with the others. ‘I’m sure I met her before; not on my trip to US and not on the plane. Well, yes, I met her at the airport. But, why do my feelings said that I met her way before all of that happen?’ Jongin was asking so many questions to himself about Krystal. ‘Does she remember me also?’

Suho and Xiumin shook their head looking at Jongin, who was staring at Krystal the whole time. Who would know what happens next.