Irene’s promises

The only promise that Irene can keep.

I, Kang Seulgi is currently having some thoughts that someone is touching me while sleeping. I go to bed early because I just finish my project and I’m very thankful for that. It’s so weird that I feel someone touching my stomach right now and caressing it. I felt uncomfortable, but I’m too lazy and still sleepy to open my eyes.

“You-!” I just sigh my I meet doe eyes.

“You really have a nice abs.” Bae Joohyun or Irene as she is known for that name in school.

“Can you please stop touching me?” I said as I hold her wrist to stop her from caressing my stomach more. “It’s early in the morning, why are you here?” I asks.

“I sleep with you though, mommy Kang let me in, and I enter your room, but you’re sleeping already,” Irene said. I just sigh and smile at her.

“Good morning Joohyun,” I said.

“Good morning too~!” Irene said then hug me. “Hm. I know that I promise you take you out later but there something that comes up and I can’t make it so…” Irene hesitantly said.

“I get it, its fine. It’s not that it’s your first time breaking promises.” I said then I seat so now she’s straddling my laps.

“I’m sorry, okay?” Irene said then I just nod. “I promise, I will make it up to you!” Irene said.

“Again with your air promises,” I said.

“No, this time I meant it!” Irene said.

“Yeah, right,” I said. “Let’s get up and have breakfast, and we have school today,” I said. Irene gets up then I follow her in the kitchen.

 

No one knows we’re friends, for some reason we just don’t interact with each other when we are at school. In this school, Joohyun is known as Irene. She’s the most popular girl in the whole town, and she’s the ultimate crush of the school so I’m quite shy to approach her when we are at school, and I’m just a potato you know.

“Hey, have a nice sleep?” Wendy asks.

“Yeah~,” I said as I smile at her. “Good morning, Wan” I greet her as I meet her in our meeting place.

“Good morning, my minions!” Yeri arrives, greeting us with her randomness.

“I bet she watches minions movie, such a kid.” Joy arrive too. We laugh when Yeri try to hit Joy with her bag.

“Let’s go now~,” I said. When we are walking, we see Joohyun with her popular group.

“Wow~ that group look so elite especially Irene.” Joy said.

“Yeah, they look so rich?” Yeri said with a little question if she said it right. Now I know why I can’t approach her, in this school, I’m just a typical student while Joohyun is the queen here.

“Why you won’t join them, Wendy?” Yeri asks.

“Yeah, I mean, you’re an elite student too, a student council president to be exact,” I said.

“No, I don’t want much attention, I’m satisfied with you guys!” Wendy cheesy said. After Wendy said it, we become silent then we laugh when we saw Wendy’s frown.

“Thank you, we’re satisfied with you too~,” Joy said then put her hand on Wendy’s shoulder.

“I heard that Irene is dating Bo gum,” Yeri said. Well, I heard that, but I never heard it from Joohyun.

“They’re going out later, as I heard,” Wendy said. No wonder she won’t make it.

“They look good.” I plainly said. They’re really, they are.

“You’re right, and they will make such a cute couple if there were to confirm it.” Joy said.

 

Joohyun and I never become classmate, one of the reasons why it becomes hard to approach her, she’s always with her sociable friends, popular, and rich, so it makes it ten times harder for me to say hi to her. I wonder why I worried about her rejecting my greetings when we primarily grow up together. She’s Irene here, maybe that’s the reason why I can’t approach her here, she’s Irene here to me, not Joohyun.

“Irene is so pretty.” I heard Wendy said. I look where she is looking at, I see Irene in her ponytail, dazzling hot and beautiful. I look at the board again, remembering how many times Irene break her promises to me.

She can’t make it to my art competitions, and she can’t make it to my dancing competitions, she can’t make it when I told her I would cook for her and I stay up for many hours for that. She can’t make it even it’s my birthday, and her gift is the one I’m the most anticipating. She can’t make it when we decide to go amusement park, and I ended up with my brother. She can’t make it when all of them, Joohyun is the one promising it.           

“I want to be her friend,” Yeri said. “I heard she is so nice,” Yeri said.

“I think we all want to be close to her.” Joy said.

I can’t bring up that she’s actually my friend, I’m shy because they look up to her and it will be weird that someone like Joohyun be friend with me. They will call me delusional because I can’t even talk to her here, how the hell I will prove that we’re friends?

It’s already time to go home, while I’m walking with my friends, I saw Irene walking home with Bo gum, and I guess they’re indeed going on a date today.

 

It’s already 10:35 when someone throws a small rock at my window on the second floor. I don’t need to guess it because it’s only one person who does it every night. It’s Bae Joohyun.

“I just came from my parent’s business party, can you open the door for me?”

“I just finish my projects, can you help me to get into your room?”

“I just finish my hang out with my friends. I want to talk to you now.” 

“It’s already late,” I said as I open my window and saw her waving her hands.

“I just want to see you,” Irene said. She smiles under the light of the moon, I realize it long before, no one can’t deny how beautiful Joohyun is.

“Go home now, you already see me,” I said. We’re neighbor, and her mansion is just a walking distance from my humble house.

“Can’t I talk to you little more?” Irene said. I sigh because I know how stubborn she can get and won’t leave even I told her to.

“Fine,” I said. I take Irene’s personalize rope, and I chuckle when I throw it. Irene starts climbing it while I’m helping her by pushing the rope. She jumps on me after successfully climbing it. My mom and dad don’t like it when Irene come here late at night because it’s disturbing their sleep and they don’t want to spoil Irene much so Irene make a personalize rope for her to climb to my room.

“I’m home~,” Irene said as she hugs me on the floor after jumping on me.

 

“I promise, I will stay with you forever, and I will be the last person you will see before you sleep!”

“Welcome back,” I said. That’s the only promise that Irene can keep, be the last person I see before sleeping.

-----

How is it?