Unexpected news

Autumn Leaves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been an exhausting day for Sarah. Having back to back meeting with her clients as well as her bosses take a toll on her and give her very little time to finalize her design on her current project. For the first time since forever she has to stay way passed her working hour just to finish the design for her client. Lucky for her, Mark is in town and willing to watch over Lily for her while she is stuck in the office.

As she steps in her apartment, she was expected her little princess to be up and playing around with her cousins with slightly messy house since let’s be real those little children can be a little handy at times when they are together. However what welcome her is opposite from her expectation. The house is quiet and clean which she didn’t think is possible since she knows that Mark’s whole family were there earlier on. As she steps further into her apartment she finally hear the sound of her TV fill the apartment with Mark sitting in front of it giving his full attention on the TV show not even noticing her coming in. He only took a notice on Sarah’s presence when she finally sit next to him on the sofa.

“You look beat up.” said Mark once he manage have a look at Sarah

“Damn exhausted. Where are the others?”

“I send them off to rest at the hotel and Lily went to bed after helping me clean the house.”

“Wow. That’s the first time you manage to get her to sleep on her bedtime. Congratulation Daddy Mark!”

“I guess all the cleaning manage to tire her up. Have you eaten dinner yet?” asked Mark before walking towards the kitchen.

“Nope and I don’t think I will. I just want to take a shower and sleep right after. I have an early start tomorrow and I don’t think I’m able to greet your members tomorrow until later into the night.”

“No. You have to eat. You skip your lunch just now. No worries. They probably will be hanging out here after practice and you able to see them after you come back.”

“How did you know that I didn’t eat lunch?”

“You told me over the phone remember. You were complaining on how your meeting got drag since your client is being an and you have to stay behind to finish his design since he wanted you to submit the design before 9. Come and have dinner with me. We are having Chinese by the way and don’t blame me for it. My dad thought that it is a good idea to introduce Lily to Chinese food since he notice that she only eats western food. She’s turning into banana. His words not mine.” Mark said as he’s setting up their dinner

The smell of the dishes on her dining table manage to bring back her appetite. After arriving at her dining table, she saw all her favourite dishes on it ready for both of them to devour.

“Hey you can’t blame me. It’s the easiest and most assessable type of food around here. I just need to go down and buy from the restaurant next door or I can just throw in a piece of meat with a bit of pepper and salt in the oven and voila I have my steak ready.” said Sarah before taking a seat opposite Mark.

“Like I said his words not mine. I don’t care what my daughter eats as long as it nutrition and fill her up. Banana or not she’s still my daughter.” said Mark before he start digging in his dinner.

“Speaking of your family why didn’t they stay over for tonight? They can sleep here for tonight.”

Mark halt on taking a bite on prawn dumpling after hearing what Sarah just said. Putting down his chopstick he start to point around the apartment.

“And where would they sleep at? In case you didn’t notice, I have a really big family and you only have 1 spare room.” smirk Mark before continuing e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter